• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do non thiests enter a Religious Forum ???

Beaudreaux

So your saying, there is absolutely no other intention/reason on the part of the non theist,(you)but to enter the religious forum because they are religious.:run:
Ok,so your answer, is your religious and you entered the religious forum to talk religion... and you want freinds,thanks for your answer.
You lost me here. I don't know who the "they" is when you say "they are religious". Also, (and I really don't mean for this to sound pretentious, but it probably does) it may help to use the proper forms of "your" and "you're" because I'm not sure which you intend where. It can't be "your" everywhere because that makes no sense.

Can we just move past the circular reasoning and scrutinizing the question to death,
and answer the very simple question, ....
I don't see any circular reasoning. Maybe when you clarify...
but hey, maybe part of the answer to my question is in my previous statement,(circular reasoning and scrutinizing,criticizing)
.....now were getting somewhere:yes:
Creatures of habit, the rational mind just has to philosophize everything and loose sight of the simplistic.
....huh?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
1)
This is a religious education forum. Many are here to learn and discuss things about religion in general, or specific religions, for their own quest for knowledge.
That's a pretty general and logical answer..and I saw that coming into this.
..but do you think that's it ?
So you say "learning and discussing", I have'nt found much of that here.
Well, you alluded to it,but never really practiced it,

3) Many people, when they see someone doing something "irrational and delusional" do feel an obligation to possibly help that person be more rational and clear-thinking. It is usually a fruitless endeavor, but some are more optimistic about the human condition than others
That's a politically correct answer and almost deserving of frubals.
That obligation/duty seems to be more apparent and relevant then the subtly in which you conveyed it.
This could be one of the reasons/motives to the OP, now were getting somehwere.
..like pulling teeth !

Are you saying that you want to help them, "irrational people"become as rational as you are in your all surpassing knowledge and excellence of thought.
WOW!!! I want your help, so I can be just like you and treat others with such inferiority.
...it does'nt stop there, you have "illumination" and clear mindedness to bring to the clouded minds that without you, remain in their obscurity.

Heaven forbid your denied the right to correct them as you see fit.
I can understand why you find it fruitless!!!

You've answered the thread quite adequately, so thank you ,now watch your frubals increase before your eyes!!!!!:beach:

Beaudreaux

Are you saying that you want to help them, "irrational people"become as rational as you are in your all surpassing knowledge and excellence of thought.
WOW!!! I want your help, so I can be just like you and treat others with such inferiority.
...it does'nt stop there, you have "illumination" and clear mindedness to bring to the clouded minds that without you, remain in their obscurity.

Heaven forbid your denied the right to correct them as you see fit.
I can understand why you find it fruitless!!!
Dude...you and your bretheren believe that you have a special relationship with an almighty God. You believe you possess the ultimate truth and that it is your job to tell all of us wrongheaded people how to be correct like you. Some of your bretheren even lobby congress to enact laws that will FORCE us to follow the truth you are privy to, I suppose because we are too ignorant of the truth to be trusted to our own decisions.

Where do you get the stones to criticize anyone for telling others what they believe, particularly on a form specifically set up to do so?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
If you layed out your facts, let it go and move on ,or follow on, your choice.
You want to make this about me ..fine ,your prerogative, but it is getting old.

If only it were that simple. Look, A debate is raised by a theist in a "General Religious Debate" area and all are allowed to join in. Maybe a theist or a non-theist says something that shows they are unfamiliar with something, quotes out of context or just plain doesn't know what the heck he or she is talking about. Either others will help to educate or inform the person of their error(s).

If a non-theist takes issue with the way you have presented your case and lays out the facts as they see it and you are ill equipped to challenge it then maybe you should let it go...but NOOOOO.....more often than not it can't be left alone and people feel the need to state their case regardless if it's a theist or non-theist. We all have done it.

And for the record I'm not making this about you even though you started this moan fest.

I'm with you if we barge in on a same faith thread but when it is put to the general public you need to deal with it or move on yourself if "you" or anyone else don't like it. If it is against the forum rules and you feel the need to report the person then it is your right.

I obviously comprehend that fact,but thanks for pointing it out.

That's good to know because from the way you started this thread was like you were treating it as if it were your own personal bulletin board.

The problem is that you get stuck there and can't move past and eventually loose site of why your here,..

No I don't. You may be thinking of some one else or a few others in which you've encountered. I'm not a theist but you can find me in threads debating the biblical Yeshua, his birth, life and death, You will find me in Islamic threads commenting as well. I don't restrict myself to religious areas of the forum either. I've been in other areas.

What's amazing is, unless you are unsecure in your faith....I'm not sure why you raise this topic. It's not like either side is innocent in what you have pointed out. Well all do it. How else are we going to learn from each other?

well except to just scrutinize or so it appears.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Scrutany is normal. If you don't like it then simply don't respond to the person.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So your saying, there is absolutely no other intention/reason on the part of the non theist,(you)but to enter the religious forum because they are religious.:run:

Nope. That is not true in my specific case, nor did I make such a claim.

You know, you are way too serious about this. There is really no reason to even ask whether anyone has any reason to participate in these forums. "I felt like it" is all the reason needed, yet you act like there is a matter of intelectual honesty or somesuch at play due solely to the decision of participating here.

That quite simply does not make any sense; wouldn't make sense even if we were talking specifically about atheists that claim no religious interest participating in a purely Christian forum.

Ok,so your answer, is your religious and you entered the religious forum to talk religion... and you want freinds,thanks for your answer.

As clarified above, that is NOT my answer. Half of it, at most, and with a fair degree of extrapolation from you to boot.

Can we just move past the circular reasoning and scrutinizing the question to death,
and answer the very simple question, ....but hey, maybe part of the answer to my question is in my previous statement,(circular reasoning and scrutinizing,criticizing)
.....now were getting somewhere:yes:
Creatures of habit, the rational mind just has to philosophize everything and loose sight of the simplistic.

Is this some sort of bait? It needs work.

The-G-man

De Facto Atheist
If we Christians are following such an absurd fairy tale, according to many on this forum,why are non theists continually interjecting into threads that they don't believe in.
I mean, they think we are irrational and delusional to entertain such notions,yet it seems they are compelled with some internal obligation to defend their own faith,or lack there of,gods and beliefs, against a faith that to them is superstitious,fictional and ...just out there.

What's up with that ?????

As you try to spread the word of God, we try to spread the word of logic and reason, Religions would be just as happy if we went back to the dark ages where we blamed Natural Disasters on the 'Wrath of God', but it is Science for which we should look for real answers from, not questions that religions claim to know the answers too, but are completely unknowable at this time.
You would admit that you have no real tangible proof of your God, and the same for all Gods, so what makes you think yours is real?
If this applied to any other part of your life you would not believe it, such as if i believed in Santa Claus or Unicorns, and you asked for proof, and i said i don't need proof i have faith what would be your response?
So it is not for us to prove there is no God, it is for you to prove it there is?

Last edited: