• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do non thiests enter a Religious Forum ???

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
If we Christians are following such an absurd fairy tale, according to many on this forum,why are non theists continually interjecting into threads that they don't believe in.
I mean, they think we are irrational and delusional to entertain such notions,yet it seems they are compelled with some internal obligation to defend their own faith,or lack there of,gods and beliefs, against a faith that to them is superstitious,fictional and ...just out there.

What's up with that ?????

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
For God's sake, roli, there's only three active threads asking the same question.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I mean, they think we are irrational and delusional to entertain such notions,yet it seems they are compelled with some internal obligation to defend their own faith,or lack there of,gods and beliefs, against a faith that to them is superstitious,fictional and ...just out there. -Roli-

Conversely, the same question and logic applies to the Christians going out and knocking at peoples doors or advertising on non-theist oriented billboards.

Of course people are going to give a response. Did you expect something different?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Why do non thiests enter a Religious Forum ???
To answer this routinely question I'll first say that this is a religious EDUCATION forum. people dont need to be religious in order to study religion which is an active part of our world and has an immediate effect over our lives.
People may also ask what does a Christian theist doing on a forum which is dedicated to Neo Paganism, Satanism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.
this forum has sub forums which are dedicated to lively debates about religion, this is an open invite to challenge religious and non religious beliefs and ideas.
My advice is, if its too painful for someone to handle their beliefs being questioned and challenged, simply do not propagate them, and assume they will be taken for granted simply because you chose to believe them. best to let your beliefs find their place among the countless other beliefs of our societies.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
To answer this routinely question I'll first say that this is a religious EDUCATION forum. people dont need to be religious in order to study religion which is an active part of our world and has an immediate effect over our lives.

Of course. People need to be educated about the toothfairy, who according to you 'is an active part of our world and has an immediate effect on our lives'

(*There is no such thing as an atheist*)

Heneni

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Of course. People need to be educated about the toothfairy, who according to you 'is an active part of our world and has an immediate effect on our lives'

(*There is no such thing as an atheist*)

Heneni

Thats news to me, you mean in your nation there is a big organized religion and church of the toothfairy? :biglaugh:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Boo!

Oooooooooohhhhhhh. Booga! Booga!

Such enthusiasm is to be commended in any thread.:dan:

(* in my country a booga is something you get out of your nose*)

Nevermind boogas are found in theists and non-theists.

HENENI

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If we Christians are following such an absurd fairy tale, according to many on this forum,why are non theists continually interjecting into threads that they don't believe in.
I mean, they think we are irrational and delusional to entertain such notions,yet it seems they are compelled with some internal obligation to defend their own faith,or lack there of,gods and beliefs, against a faith that to them is superstitious,fictional and ...just out there.

Religion plays a big part of the world that influences cultures and societies, and impacts everyone regardless if they're believers or not. It's a fascinating subject that people like to discuss and debate. Personally, I'm here to help people to question their own presumptions and to think. If your faith is truly solid, then it should be able to withstand critique and scrutiny, but your display of insecurity betrays your own sense of doubt. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as doubt is healthy and helps you to be more rational.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

It's disconcerting that anyone would be this baffled by the idea that someone might attempt to understand a position that they don't hold themselves.

Disconcerting but not surprising.

And please don't try to tell me that this thread is an attempt to understand where non theists are coming from. As Storm pointed out there are already several threads in here asking the same question.

Considering you took it upon yourself to answer your own question with a lot of ridiculous assumptions...

yet it seems they are compelled with some internal obligation to defend their own faith,or lack there of,gods and beliefs, against a faith that to them is superstitious,fictional and ...just out there.

...I'm guessing this thread is just another declaration on your part of a refusal to even try to understand.

Last edited:

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
For God's sake, roli, there's only three active threads asking the same question.

Spare me the condecending overtones, Storm,your superior knowledge of what's happening in the forum is impressive,.... to you alone.
Please forgive me for not searching the forum to your satisfaction before I post.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Well lets see...
How about the irrational opposal to same sex marriage?
The failure known as "Abstinence Only"?
The attempt to insert non-science into the science class room?

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I don't think you're confused, I think you feel threatened. It seems that you don't like having people with differing opinions than you because it makes you think outside of your little box of a world, which is scary to you. Heaven forbid that non-theists have valid reasons to be, or even that they can make you question your faith! *le gasp!* Sorry, but that's what true learning requires: constant questioning.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger

As a non-theist, why do I jump into threads and defend christianity, the LDS, etc... when I do not believe as they do? I can defend any standpoint if I choose to do so. Yet, like most others here, we are here to learn about others and their beliefs; not merely to defend our own. We are here to help educate each other, to make each other see new things, to come to more understanding with each other, and to find or reassure our own personal faiths. That is "what is up".