• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do non-muslims hate to be called Kuffar?

Satyamavejayanti

"Servant_of_the_One1, post: 4349519, member: 56651"]Kuffar just means Disbelievers in the message of Islam. The opposite of the word Kuffar is Mu'minun that means Believers.

In Fiji, the Muslim community use Kafir as a derogatory word for us Hindus.

For example iam Kaafir(singular) in the message of ...... Hinduism. Iam not saying that iam believer of .....hinduism .... so in that case iam happy to be labled Kaafir/Infidel.

Ill comment on the Hindu view only.

Firstly the problem is that in Hinduism there is no word for a disbeliever in the Hindu message, why?, because Hinduism is not a prophetic/messenger centered religion. So your intention of being called a "kafir" by Hindus is only coming from a Islamic point of view not the Hindu point of view. There are no texts that are commandments/laws on how to treat non believers in Hinduism.

So the problem is one sided, at least in the Hindu context. So Muslims call Hindus Kafir, not the other way around.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
137 So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, then they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allah will suffice you against them. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

Accepting prophet Muhammad peace be upon him & his family is must for every jew and christian who reaches the message of islam that is if they wish to attain salvation.
Of them were (some) who believed in him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and of them were (some) who averted their faces from him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم); and enough is Hell for burning (them) .
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #55)

O mankind! Verily, there has come to you the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with the truth from your Lord. So believe in him, it is better for you. But if you disbelieve, then certainly to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. And Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #170)

More evidences from noble quran, o servant of Allah so do not be amongst the people of the doubt:

And if only the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) had believed (in Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and warded off evil (sin, ascribing partners to Allah) and had become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - See V.2:2) We would indeed have expiated from them their sins and admitted them to Gardens of pleasure (in Paradise).
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #65)

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! You have nothing (as regards guidance) till you act according to the Taurat (Torah), the injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to you from your Lord (the Qur'an)." Verily, that which has been sent down to you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) from your Lord increases in most of them (their) obstinate rebellion and disbelief. So be not sorrowful over the people who disbelieve.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #68)

And when it is said to them (the Jews), "Believe in what Allah has sent down," they say, "We believe in what was sent down to us." And they disbelieve in that which came after it, while it is the truth confirming what is with them. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to them): "Why then have you killed the Prophets of Allah aforetime, if you indeed have been believers?"
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #91)

Are the muslims equal to jews, christians and other kuffar? Will they go to the same place while the others disbelieve in prophet Muhammad pbuh???
Here is the answer:

Can they (Muslims) who rely on a clear proof (the Qur'an) from their Lord, and whom a witness [Jibril (Gabriel عليه السلام)] from Him recites (follows) it (can they be equal with the disbelievers); and before it, came the Book of Musa (Moses), a guidance and a mercy, they believe therein, but those of the sects (Jews, Christians and all the other non-Muslim nations) that reject it (the Qur'an), the Fire will be their promised meeting-place. So be not in doubt about it (i.e. those who denied Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم and also denied all that which he brought from Allah. Surely, they will enter hell). Verily, it is the truth from your Lord, but most of the mankind believe not.
( سورة هود , Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #17)

The evidences are clear, so let us not be amongst the doubters.

“Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur’aan and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikoon will abide in the fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures”

[al-Bayyinah 98:6]

“Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur’aan and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikoon will abide in the fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures”(because they reject truth).

[al-Bayyinah 98:6]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian, hears of me then dies without having believed in that with which I was sent, but he will be one of the people of the Fire.” Narrated by Muslim, 153.

“And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)”

[al-Isra’ 17:15]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian,
hears of me then dies without having believed in that with which I was sent, but he will be one of the people of the Fire.” Narrated by Muslim, 153.

for my opinion the last Hadith is talking about Islam in era of Muhammad (pbuh) .

NOW, unforunetly some Muslims represent NEW Islam, which destroy the reputation of origin Islam (by beheading people,bombing ,kidnepping ...etc )by the name of Islam.

I mean whom heard that Islam of ISIS ,Boko ....etc?

for last verse 17:15

tell that God sent Messenger (الحجة clue)

I wish i could translate the correct meaning of this sentence from Arabic to English , but i will try my best :

We the Muslims did not gave the reason/clue enough for non-Muslim to belief/love Islam, on contrary we gave them the reason to hate Islam
نحن المسلمون لم نقم الحجة على غير المسلمين بل بالعكس قدمنا لهم الحجة ليبتعدو و يكرهوا هذا الدين

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Good one, but I am talking about the belief system of religion, nothing to do with the people of any religion, I thought you knew me better than ?.
Who said anything about the people? Hate, is hate, no matter what or who it is directed at.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Who said anything about the people? Hate, is hate, no matter what or who it is directed at.
That's how you see it, because of your hate, you cannot see it any other way, give up your hate and you will see what I am trying to say, and please don't put unintelligent words on my mouth !.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That's how you see it, because of your hate, you cannot see it any other way, give up your hate and you will see what I am trying to say, and please don't put unintelligent words on my mouth !.
Are you on drugs or something? This is a seriously demented reply to my comments.

Servant_of_the_One1

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian, hears of me then dies without having believed in that with which I was sent, but he will be one of the people of the Fire.” Narrated by Muslim, 153.

for my opinion the last Hadith is talking about Islam in era of Muhammad (pbuh) .

NOW, unforunetly some Muslims represent NEW Islam, which destroy the reputation of origin Islam (by beheading people,bombing ,kidnepping ...etc )by the name of Islam.

I mean whom heard that Islam of ISIS ,Boko ....etc?

for last verse 17:15

tell that God sent Messenger (الحجة clue)

I wish i could translate the correct meaning of this sentence from Arabic to English , but i will try my best :

We the Muslims did not gave the reason/clue enough for non-Muslim to belief/love Islam, on contrary we gave them the reason to hate Islam
نحن المسلمون لم نقم الحجة على غير المسلمين بل بالعكس قدمنا لهم الحجة ليبتعدو و يكرهوا هذا الدين

So according to you christians, jews who hears about the message of prophet PBUH but reject that message goes to paradise?????

We are not discussing isis!

Jumi

My Lord called those who disbelieve in the true message as Kuffar Disbelievers. For them my Lord does not exist, they even say "moongod". So why should this term bother them??
People make distance between each other like this. If someone wants to distance themselves from you and you want to distance yourself from them, it's your choice. I prefer not to be called names by others.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Kuffar just means Disbelievers in the message of Islam. The opposite of the word Kuffar is Mu'minun that means Believers.

For example iam Kaafir(singular) in the message of Xtianity, Budhism, Hinduism. I dont mind when xtians/catholics recognizes me as infidel. Iam not saying that iam believer of xtianity, hinduism and buddhism so in that case iam happy to be labled Kaafir/Infidel.

Agreed. I personally never use it, and use non-Muslims/non-believers (depending on the context) instead, just to avoid hurting those who do not like it. There is another reason I use it and it is because it is an Arabic word and I believe in speaking English in full when I do, which I believe is the right thing to do.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
So according to you christians, jews who hears about the message of prophet PBUH but reject that message goes to paradise?????

We are not discussing isis!
Only God knows , i don't have the key of paradise

but for my opinion it's very probley YES .

I posted many verse mentionned that among people of Book are believers . check my post #37

Paradise is not [obtained] by your wishful thinking nor by that of the People of the Scripture. Whoever does a wrong will be recompensed for it, and he will not find besides Allah a protector or a helper.

so,depening what they heard about message of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) , do you get my point ?

Last edited:

jonathan180iq

I don't even know what the hell that means, let alone hate it....
Call me whatever you want - it makes no difference to me.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

I don't even know what the hell that means, let alone hate it....
Call me whatever you want - it makes no difference to me.

Kuffar is the plural of "kafir" which is the Arabic word for "infidel" or "non believer". In other contexts it could give other meanings too.

Believers of other religions could call us Muslims infidels too. I personally don't mind it because an infidel is who do not believe in the receiver's religions.

I wouldn't call you that if you were not Muslim just to avoid any possible disrespectful implications.

JFish123

Nothing wrong with Unrepentant Kuffar lol. It just means u would never want to become muslim and never repent :p
Is that a bad thing? Repentance is good and all should repent. But if they don't find true repentance in Islam maybe they find it in Christianity where Salvation is garaunteed.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Not really as hateful.

My Lord called those who disbelieve in the true message as Kuffar Disbelievers. For them my Lord does not exist, they even say "moongod". So why should this term bother them??

It would be hateful to spit on people's face and scream all day Kuffar!!! Or to say : F** M** Kuffar!!! Lets get them!

It depends how you use the word and in what kind of situation.
You have to agree that it is hateful if used in any way to mean something close to "enemy", right?

JFish123

Good advice, its childish how everyone Calles everyone else names just because they believe differently, this is why I hate religion.
Don't many prominent atheists use derogatory words for people who believe in God like "stupid, moronic," and a host of other words and phrases I won't use hear. If you hate religion because some call others names, by the same logic you must hate atheism for the same reason.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Don't many prominent atheists use derogatory words for people who believe in God like "stupid, moronic," and a host of other words and phrases I won't use hear.

Nor nearly as often or with as little provocation as you seem to imply.

If you hate religion because some call others names, by the same logic you must hate atheism for the same reason.

I don't follow.