• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Why does an OMNISCIENT God test His creations, when He knows everything beforehand?

God's omniscience has nothing to do with the exercise our our free will.

If God has endowed us with such a gift, was he not entitled to allow a small test to see if they would use the gift unselfishly? Would they obey their Creator because he was their Creator and had the right to set limits and expect their obedience? Would they receive all the other gifts that he provided in abundance, but disrespect the one thing that he said was His? Did God not have the right to keep his property in front of their eyes as a means to remind them of their need to follow his rules. The penalty for not doing so was dire.
There was no hardship in the test itself, only in the consequences if they broke one simple rule.

Just because God 'can' know the outcome of all things, doesn't mean that he 'chooses' to know all things. With the exercise of free will, the choice in how to behave is ours, not God's. He gives that choice to us and has allowed us to experience the full consequence of abusing it.

Look at how human beings behave today and ask yourself whether the abuse of free will on the part of others is not the prime component of all the world's troubles? It is at the root of all domestic disputes, political conflicts and criminal behavior.

How many have learned from the mistakes of others down through time? Nothing apparently. :ignore:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Omniscience means the ability to know the past, present and future, INCLUDING what a person will do with his/her free will. What's so hard to understand about that?

what people teach about Gods ominscience is necessarily correct.

Yes God can look into the future and past. But does he choose to look into your individual future?

Does he choose to know every detail of what your life will entail?

Some claim that he does.... but the scriptures show that he does not do that.

So really, what people think they understand about Gods 'omniscience' is not entirely correct.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But why doesn't He do that?

Because he loves us and he trusts us to make the right decisions. We have been dignified with the ability to choose our own path... and he trusts that we will be guided to choose the right one.

Think about it.... if you really love someone and you know they love you, do you trust them when they say where they have been and what they did for the day? Or do you investigate their every move for the day and maybe even hire someone to follow them around?

You trust them because you love them. Its the same with God.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Knowing what I will or won't do doesn't prove that God doesn't love me. He can honour my free will by not interfering with what I do, even if He knows about that beforehand. Some claim that this is one of the reasons that good people suffer, but the Scriptures of most world religion says that their Deities got involved in people's lives, when they did bad stuff. This can't be seen today.

pagan religions always taught that their gods were in control of a persons destiny.

But the bible says differently. It shows that God allows man the freedom to make their own destiny. He encourages them to take the correct path and allows them the choice.

I guess this is one of the big differences between the gods of the pagan religions and the God of Abraham.

Warbird

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

― Epicurus

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pagan religions have Deities that have limited power and are often flawed. Abrahamic Gods are not like that. You didn't get me. God can let human beings choose their destiny and tread it's path even if He knows their courses beforehand.

Yes, thats true. But if he actually did that, would any of the following statements make sense?

Deuteronomy 30:19 I take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; and you must choose life so that you may live, you and your descendants,

In this example, we see that God gave Isreal a choice.... it wasnt' long after this that many rebelled and were put to death. If God had prior knowledge of who was going to rebel, why would he bother giving them the opportunity to choose 'life'?

Genesis 4:5 he did not look with any favor on Cain and on his offering. So Cain grew hot with anger and was dejected. 6 Then Jehovah said to Cain: “Why are you so angry and dejected? 7 If you turn to doing good, will you not be restored to favor? But if you do not turn to doing good, sin is crouching at the door, and its craving is to dominate you; but will you get the mastery over it?”

In this case, Cain could have been restored to Gods favor if he had turned from his bad way. So if that was the case, then God had not pre-ordained him to commit a bad course. Does anyone really believe that God wanted Cain to kill his brother? Of course not. God wanted Cain to choose the right path so that he could show him favor.

This account really shows that God had not looked into Cains future because otherwise he would not have offered Cain an opportunity to be restored to his favor.... nor would it make any sense for God to have asked Cain to turn to doing good.

But what these really show is that God does not predestine us to a particular course of conduct. It is we who choose what we will do.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I never disagreed with the Bible's saying that God doesn't look into one's choice. But I asked why because it seems unfair. You said that it is to maintain free will but I argued that that can be done even knowing beforehand what we will do with our choice.

Why is it unfair?

I dont see why it would be unfair. Its as much about love and trust as it is about free will.

And as for pagan Deities absolutely controlling our destination, I wanted to give two examples. There are stories of Hercules being mortally threatened by Goddess Hera for Her spite. But the latter was able to overcome those threats. There are examples of human beings who have done that too. But Abrahamic Gods' decisions can never be stopped. Be it bad people like Cain or good ones like Prophet Job, their lives were finally in God's hands. I am neither supporting predestination nor saying that God decides our choice, but our fate does indeed lie in His hands.

Actually the bible shows examples of times when God has condemned someone to death, but then changed his mind.

The prophet Jonah was sent to the city of Ninvevah with a message of judgement from God. He was going to destroy them because of their wicked conduct. But when they heard the message, they repented and God spared them. The prophet was very angry about the change of heart, but it just goes to show us that our destiny is in OUR hands. If we change and do what is right, God will show us life.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
But Abrahamic Gods' decisions can never be stopped. Be it bad people like Cain or good ones like Prophet Job, their lives were finally in God's hands.

Cain was warned that his attitude was going to cause him to sin. He was given opportunity to change his mind about things pertaining to his jealousy over his brother, but he stubbornly refused. So whose fault was it that Cain was punished for committing pre-meditated murder? Was God unfair about that?

As far as Job was concerned, satan was permitted to test Job's integrity because he made accusations about the motivation behind Job's faith. The devil claimed that humans were basically selfish and that Job's love for God was purely because God gave him everything. He claimed that if he was permitted to take away everything he valued, that he would turn his back on God. Job kept his integrity and never once blamed God for his predicament. He was rewarded with a long and happy life and with ten more children. He also knew about the resurrection hope, so he knew that those he lost would be returned to him under the rule of God's kingdom.

God could not have proven the devil's claims any other way. Job was the one who had to prove that the devil was wrong.

I am neither supporting predestination nor saying that God decides our choice, but our fate does indeed lie in His hands.
This is why God allows us the choice about who we will worship and why. Our heart is involved in our decisions and our love for God must be stronger than our love for ourselves. Doing the will of God has to be more important than anything we desire.

Big_TJ

So, does Jehovah really cares about or assist us in our decision making? MaryJane's example is an heart-wrenching one for me. I mean, here we have a young lady trying to do as Jehovah taught: Going to the congregation, serving God, choosing to marry within the flock (not being unequally yoked), etc.
She chose an husband that Jehovah KNOWS was not a good person. Now she (and her 3 kids) ended up as they did. She was totally oblivious to the actions of her husband before or after her marriage. It seems to me that God didn't really help her to make a better choice in choosing her husband. We seems to be all on our own despite what religious persons would suggest about God always being there for us - seems like a load of crap.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
So, does Jehovah really cares about or assist us in our decision making? MaryJane's example is an heart-wrenching one for me. I mean, here we have a young lady trying to do as Jehovah taught: Going to the congregation, serving God, choosing to marry within the flock (not being unequally yoked), etc.
She chose an husband that Jehovah KNOWS was not a good person. Now she (and her 3 kids) ended up as they did. She was totally oblivious to the actions of her husband before or after her marriage. It seems to me that God didn't really help her to make a better choice in choosing her husband. We seems to be all on our own despite what religious persons would suggest about God always being there for us - seems like a load of crap.
You used the right word here TJ..."seems" like. In this world, nothing is as it "seems".

Jehovah does not interfere with our decisions. They are ours to make. So, what will be the outcome for all of us concerning our decisions in this system of things? Will any of them be permanent? We do not know what challenges the devil has set before any of us as a test of our faith. Do we remember that we are all like "Job" in this time of the end? He didn't know the reason for his suffering either and he did nothing to deserve any of them. But he never lost his faith and trust in his God. He knew that there must have been a reason for it all, and waited for God to reveal it. In the end...what did Job lose that was not restored to him many times over? He lived a long life and died a happy man.

And his faith in the resurrection will also be rewarded when all 20 of his children are resurrected with him in the new world to spend eternity together in peace and happiness. What will a short lifetime of suffering mean when compared to an eternity in paradise? It will only be futile if we lose sight of the big picture...and blame Jehovah for what the devil is doing.

We can focus on the present suffering...or we can focus on the outcome when all memory of these horrors will be gone. (Isa 65:17, 18) No injustice perpetrated by anyone will go unpunished under Jehovah's perfect justice which is guaranteed to be carried out in the end.

Those who live 'in the present' and only see the horror and injustice, fail to discern the reasons behind it. It is done by satan in order to make us leave Jehovah and "curse him to his very face"...have you done that TJ? :sad:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

in this world, we are independent of God.

Through the bible, he gives us instructions and advice but that does not mean that he will protect each of us from harm. This world is full of harmful people and harmful things and its only inevitable that from time to time we will encounter them.

But the real test is whether we will do things Gods way regardless of the world around us and the people around us. And when things go wrong for us will we continue to maintain our integrity to God...that is the test.

In Jehovahs world, none of the bad things will happen to anyone ever. But we are not yet living in Jehovah world... this is Satans world and Satan is going to make it as difficult as possible for us.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
If God chose to know beforehand what we will do beforehand with our lives on Earth, then we don't need to come here to live and suffer. We don't need to be tested by wealth, family, etc. We will just go to heaven and hell according to what we will do. And in many cases God can interfere and stop bad deeds done by bad people,either directly or indirectly.

Consider this....God has millions of angels who reside in heaven with him. None of them were former humans. No humans were ever meant to join them in heaven originally. Earth was designed to be our permanent home, but the abuse of free will caused God to detour in his original purpose and use this rebellion as an object lesson to both men and angels as to what results from disobedience to the Creator and independent thinking. Precedents will be set for all eternity so that no rebellion can ever happen again. Its been tried and dealt with.

When we took our lives in to our own hands by supporting the devil's side of the issue, we also reaped what God knew would be the outcome. He did not unleash a knowledge of evil...humans did that. The woman was deceived, but the man was not...it was the man who led his children to inherit sin and suffering and death....not God. (Rom 5:12)

Every day of our lives satan is tempting us because he claimed that humans would not remain faithful to God under test. So many in the Bible proved that he was wrong...but many have done just as the devil claimed...they have "cursed God to his very face" and abandoned him. This is their choice, not God's.

Choosing some from among mankind to form a kingdom over the human race (those redeemed by Jesus' blood,) was an addition to his first purpose in keeping with the meaning of his name. "He Causes to Become" or one who will rise to any challenge to his sovereignty in order to accomplish his purpose.

@J.J.Dee- Yeah but ultimately it is in God's hands. He could have chosen to known how Prophet Job will turn out and don't cause him so much suffering.
It wasn't God who caused Job's suffering...it was the devil. God knows our limits and will not permit the devil to go beyond them. In each test, God set the limit of Job's endurance. The devil was not permitted to take him beyond those limits. (1 Cor 10:13)

And some assume that bad things only happen to bad people, unless it is a test. For the test argument refer above. Someone here said that we don't know the minds of the people who suffer, meaning that we don't know whether we are bad or not. But neither can we assume that none will be good. In another thread the topic of innocent kids were raised.
The devil does not discriminate because he will bring hardship and suffering on all. It is who he is. His agenda is rule or ruin...he does not know love.

At this moment we can see the world gathering for war. Palestine and Israel....Japan and China....Fighting factions of Islam in the Middle East....Russia and the Ukraine.....man's inhumanity to man will continue until God puts a stop to it. All indications are, that it will be very soon.

The identifying mark of Christians in this time of the end is that "they will not learn war anymore". (Isa 2:2-4) Those who are involved in the bloodshed are not God's people.

And I am repeating again, the Deities of most religion seemed concerned with people's wrongdoings and saving good people before as indicated by their Scriptures. He even went far as to show Himself to Prophet Abraham when the three angels visited him. But that doesn't seem to happen anymore.
All three of Abraham's "visitors" were angelic messengers. God does not appear to any human in person because it would cause their death. (Ex 33:20) The one who spoke for Jehovah on that occasion may well have been the pre-human Jesus who is called the "Logos" or spokesman.

God spoke by means of his prophets in ancient times but lastly he spoke by means of his son, whose words are recorded for us in the scriptures. We no longer need personal visitations or miracles. All we need to know is in the Bible.

Anyway I rather tend to believe that God doesn't concern Himself with people's deeds or test when making their lives hell or heaven. Just look around you. So I can't accept such theories from religious texts.
Yes, I agree that the messages are so mixed and confusing...but not to those who know their God and who obey him to the letter. God knows who we are and he knows what drives us.

"....the solid foundation of God stays standing, having this seal: “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and: “Let everyone naming the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.”
(2 Tim 2:19)

If God wasn't concerned about the way we live the life he has given us, then why are we going through all this? It would be pointless. The way to tell if someone is a true worshipper of God is to see the way they live their lives in spite of all that is going on around them. Have they renounced unrighteousness by refusing to be molded by this world, or are they embracing it and adopting its ways and attitudes? What do the facts show?

Big_TJ

You used the right word here TJ..."seems" like. In this world, nothing is as it "seems".

Jehovah does not interfere with our decisions. They are ours to make. So, what will be the outcome for all of us concerning our decisions in this system of things? Will any of them be permanent? We do not know what challenges the devil has set before any of us as a test of our faith. Do we remember that we are all like "Job" in this time of the end? He didn't know the reason for his suffering either and he did nothing to deserve any of them. But he never lost his faith and trust in his God. He knew that there must have been a reason for it all, and waited for God to reveal it. In the end...what did Job lose that was not restored to him many times over? He lived a long life and died a happy man.

And his faith in the resurrection will also be rewarded when all 20 of his children are resurrected with him in the new world to spend eternity together in peace and happiness. What will a short lifetime of suffering mean when compared to an eternity in paradise? It will only be futile if we lose sight of the big picture...and blame Jehovah for what the devil is doing.

We can focus on the present suffering...or we can focus on the outcome when all memory of these horrors will be gone. (Isa 65:17, 18) No injustice perpetrated by anyone will go unpunished under Jehovah's perfect justice which is guaranteed to be carried out in the end.

Those who live 'in the present' and only see the horror and injustice, fail to discern the reasons behind it. It is done by satan in order to make us leave Jehovah and "curse him to his very face"...have you done that TJ? :sad:

I think you are missing the point ( as you seems to do often). If MaryJane and others like her is trying to do the correct thing, why isn't Jehovah helping? Why isn't Jehovah guiding? I am not saying that Jehovah should interfere, but if she, a mere human, is trying to do the correct thing and is making a decision that she has NO idea is a bad one, why isn't Jehovah providing her assistance?

Big_TJ

in this world, we are independent of God.

Through the bible, he gives us instructions and advice but that does not mean that he will protect each of us from harm. This world is full of harmful people and harmful things and its only inevitable that from time to time we will encounter them.

But the real test is whether we will do things Gods way regardless of the world around us and the people around us. And when things go wrong for us will we continue to maintain our integrity to God...that is the test.

In Jehovahs world, none of the bad things will happen to anyone ever. But we are not yet living in Jehovah world... this is Satans world and Satan is going to make it as difficult as possible for us.

SO, if I understand you correctly, Jehovah does not provide ANY form of protection to HIS people in this world; correct? And, if Satan made MaryJane marry Christian (as you seem to suggest), my question of Jehovah's assistance is still a valid one.. Why didn't Jehovah assist MaryJane in making a better decision as to who she marry? Her case really suggest that there is a God who doesn't really care about HIS people because, as Draupadi pointed out, both the good and the bad is suffering the same atrocities and both the good and the bad is enjoying the good times.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
SO, if I understand you correctly, Jehovah does not provide ANY form of protection to HIS people in this world; correct?

No, thats not correct. As individuals we see Gods hand in our lives in many ways. He has provided us the wisdom to live in such a way that we avoid many of the troubles people experience. When we apply the bible's counsel, our life is improved even though the world around us is going down the drain.

I've experienced it in my own life that by applying the bibles principles, things are far better for me then if I didnt. My own family members are not christians and I can see the troubles they have in their lives. Alcoholism, gambling habits, depression, bad relationship, trouble with the law. Whereas my life improved greatly when i became a Jehovahs Witness.

And, if Satan made MaryJane marry Christian (as you seem to suggest), my question of Jehovah's assistance is still a valid one.. Why didn't Jehovah assist MaryJane in making a better decision as to who she marry? Her case really suggest that there is a God who doesn't really care about HIS people because, as Draupadi pointed out, both the good and the bad is suffering the same atrocities and both the good and the bad is enjoying the good times.

Satan didn't make MaryJane marry anyone. I dont know the story of this sister you mention, but the person she married made the decisions to do whatever it is he did.

It doesn't mean that God doesnt care... he has told us in the bible that this world is dangerous and we need to be very careful in the decisions we make. Sometimes even with precautions we may still come against trouble because not everyone upholds Gods laws, nor is everyone what they claim to be.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pegg, all people are not better off as Christians. The weird thing about religion is that nobody really knows which path will give them peace. Coming from a Muslim country I hear people around me claim that prayer (Islamic one) gives them peace. But it did nothing for me. I still wonder what form of prayer will give me peace. Some people convert to Christianity, Islam or even atheism and find peace. Maybe God doesn't care how He is worshipped? Or maybe God doles out this peace to anyone including atheists and bad people?

I would have to slightly disagree with you that people are not better off as Christians. I can say from experience that my life is far better now then when i was without any religion.

If all christians actually put christianity into 'PRACTICE' in their lives, they would most certainly benefit... but unfortunately most of them dont take the bible seriously enough for its wisdom to infiltrate their lives. They still want to make their own rules and live by their own standards and thats why they are still challenging the bibles laws against homosexuality and having sex before marriage. Most chrisitans believe the bible is out of date and they dont live by Gods laws. So of course God does not benefit them.

I think the problem with 'peace' is that 'in general', the world is not at peace. Your neigbours are not at peace withe one another, your work colleagues are not at peace, nations are not at peace.... there are many things that cause us to loose our sense of 'peace' and simply saying prayes does not end the troubled conditions around us. We still have to live in a trouble world.

Christianity has given me an 'inner' peace. When you find peace with God, one of the good side effects is that you become peaceful with your neighbours and God gives you the fortitude to cope with the world and its distresses.
But it requires that we find that peace with God. And that only comes with accurate knowledge which gives us a basis for establishing a personal relationship with him. He then gives you peace of mind.

Last edited:

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Can you assure those people who found peace by accepting other religion or abandoning it altogether after leaving Christianity? Your experience says that Christianity brings peace of heart but then why their experiences differ? So I gave the above statements. And by peace I meant a personal one not peace of world in general.

This is something that most people miss. In their quest for finding the "right religion" many look for one that suits what "they" need, as if God must fit in with what they want to do in worship. There does not seem to be a search for what God requires, regardless of whatever sacrifice might be necessary in order to gain his approval.

Anyone can find inner peace in something they feel comfortable doing without a great deal of sacrifice on their part.

I think Jesus words in Matt 7:13, 14 sound a warning for all of us.....

"Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it."

The "broad and spacious road" has room and freedom and lots of company....but it doesn't lead to anything good. It is a dead end street.

On the other hand, there is a narrow gate leading one onto a cramped road where the going is rough and there are few traveling companions relatively speaking.

To me that says that if we want life, we first have to find that gate. If you are on a highway speeding along, how difficult will it be to find such an small exit...it is not sign posted and it doesn't have a well worn track leading to it. We actually have to slow down, or we will miss it. This road is not broad and spacious like the other one where everyone is free to do as they please. It is narrow and the way is cramped because there are restrictions that make the journey difficult....but this is the road that leads to life.

We all have opportunity to slow down and find the gate, and we all have opportunity to enter it and begin that difficult journey....but will we?

Selfishness prevents people from searching for the gate in the first place. They like the freedom to make their own decisions and to have a free and easy time, worshipping whoever their god is in their own way, but the God who created the world has criteria that we must fulfill. He has reasonable demands that create restrictions for us. Those who love God do not chafe under those restrictions but see them as a protection. God cares enough to sound warnings when something will lead to harm. Are we listening? :shrug:

The outcome will be well worth any sacrifices made to remain on the more difficult path......the road less traveled.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
So you are saying that the road of Christianity is not peaceful although it will ultimately lead to peace? But then why did Pegg find peace on this road even before reaching the end?
Finding peace in ones heart can be a result of knowing that one's efforts are not in vain.
If you have a difficult journey but you are assured that when you reach your destination, it will all be worth it, peace comes despite the difficulties. It is comforting to know that God is proud of our efforts.

Your point is a good one but it's not only Christianity that I have problem with. I have problems with other revealed religions too, but people found peace there. Peace doesn't necessarily mean finding the religion that suits your ideals. The peace I am talking about is the mental peace that people get by coming close to a particular God.
We Christians acknowledge the existence of a pretender. There is one true God according to the scriptures, but we are also told that a rebel spirit masquerades as "an angel of light" in his deceptions. He can present himself as a god to many people in many forms.
He wants worship and will deceive anyone in order to receive it. He is shameless and even tempted Jesus to worship him.

The devil has a religious empire that he began to establish not long after the flood in Noah's day. Using another rebel human, Nimrod (a grandson of Noah,) he began to create false worship, leading humans down a path of confusion and multitudes of gods.

Finding "inner peace" can come from delusion. It can come from what you believe to be true, even if its not. So rather than rely on inner feelings alone, we must have Biblical evidence for our conclusions. It cannot be based on blind faith.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
So how do you know your faith is not a delusion? Other religions can claim that your God is evil in disguise. I think I have read somewhere that Gnostic Christians consider Yahweh Demiurge.

When you realize that all religion that is outside that which is prescribed by the Creator is from his adversary, you have to have in mind the criteria that is set forth in the scriptures to identify God's true worshippers.

Jesus is recognized as a great prophet in two of the Abrahamic faiths. So the way to determine who is really a follower of Christ and who is merely rendering lip service to his commands is in their actions and what kind of people they produce.

Islam is in the news a lot lately because of the activities of Muslim extremists in Iraq. We see no love expressed for anyone in their hate filled agenda. Converting at the point of a sword (or gun) is not the kind of service God requires. Their scriptures also fuel this violence because it is carried out to a fanatical degree and no god is served by their actions, except a tyrannical despot. The Creator is nothing like that. Not all Muslims reflect that hate but all are taught intolerance of infidels and if commanded to do so by their leaders, will kill them with little regard for their humanity.

Mere performance is not what God requires. We must love him with all our heart and imitate his son, (who was a perfect reflection of his Father) Jesus was a peaceful preacher of good news. He taught by word and deed what it means to love God and neighbor. Look for those who act like Christ.

Another example is Judaism....Jesus said we must "love our enemies". Do we find such love among any of those who claim to worship the God of the Bible?

The Jews have never really known an absence of war. They are like the rest of the world when it comes to bloodshed. But they reject Jesus.

Murdering the prophets God sent to correct them has been a pattern of their behavior down through history. By murdering the Messiah, they proved themselves unworthy of Jehovah's acceptance as his people, so after giving his nation one last opportunity to redeem themselves, he abandoned them as his people. (Matt 23:37-39) Their history proves that their God is not listening to their prayers.

God told his ancient people.....
“Even though you make many prayers, I am not listening; with bloodshed your very hands have become filled.” (Isaiah 1:15)

This holds true for Christians too. This is why we cannot confuse "Christianity" with "Christendom". (i.e. those who claim to be Christians but whose actions deny Christ's teachings) Has Christendom proved that she loves her enemies....or is she there supporting the wars of her respective nations? Aren't her hands also "filled with blood"? In her support for her country is she even guilty of participating in the murder of her own brothers? (1 John 4:20, 21)

Jesus said we would recognize his true disciples "by their fruits"....their works.

Just in that one teaching of Jesus alone, it is easy to see that those who spill blood are not acceptable to God no matter what they call themselves. Label wearers are of no value to God if their heart is not in his worship. The one thing God requires as an important part of our worship is obedience. He has no time for people who want to use scripture to justify their own abhorrent behavior.

It's kind of hard to verify which faith has the right God. So I assume that it doesn't matter to God how He is approached. But I could be wrong too. Even if I were a Christian I would assume that Jehovah doesn't mind if a Hindu worshipped Durga, because the Hindu is worshipping Him ultimately, although unknowingly. Your God doesn't really hate sinners so He wouldn't mind a non-Christian that much

On the contrary....it matters a great deal how and whom we worship. The God of the Bible does not tolerate the worship of false gods because it actually renders worship to the devil who masquerades as any god you wish, as long as it isn't Jehovah. By means of false worship, the devil siphons off worship for himself. It is all he has ever wanted, but not many would worship him for what he is. If he didn't masquerade as "an angel of light" only dark, sadistic people would have anything to do with him.

There are just two tables from which to "feed" ourselves spiritually...so we must choose carefully because.....

"....I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons.” (1 Corinthians 10:16-21)

You can see that this is a serious matter.

The first of the Ten Commandments was to have 'no other gods but Jehovah'. There was to be no idolatry and no bowing to false deities. False religion is rife with idols and false gods, so unless a person abandons false worship and adopts the worship of the one Jesus called "the only true God" (John 17:3) then they are on the wrong road.

God will lead right hearted ones to the truth, (John 6:44) but those who want to do things their way will be permitted to continue in the delusion created by the devil. It is what their heart desires so God let's them have what they want. (2 Thess 2:9-12)

There is one truth and one God.....our heart must seek him out and we must align ourselves with his people if we want to earn his favor.

"Search for Jehovah, you people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near.” (Isaiah 55:6)