• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Americans Hate Democracy?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
But more to the point, I should hope that democracy can be so dangerous. When those who desire to be governed according to and under the precepts of God find themselves governed by an immoral majority, it is time for those religious persons, if strong enough, if powerful enough, to crush the immoral majority, and live as they see fit.
So they are incapable of self governing them selves to gods will?

Iti oj

Premium Member
If they see fit to do so they can do so with out forcing me to do so too. I haven't made them sim after all.

Draka

Wonder Woman
A government ruled by God is not the same as a government ruled by an authoritarian religious freak.
As "God" cannot and does not rule a government and the only ones who can are men and women, then religious/theocratic rule would be by an "authoritarian religious" person. Whether you call that person a freak or not. And it simply does not bode well as those who live in that country who are not of said religion suffer.

But more to the point, I should hope that democracy can be so dangerous. When those who desire to be governed according to and under the precepts of God find themselves governed by an immoral majority, it is time for those religious persons, if strong enough, if powerful enough, to crush the immoral majority, and live as they see fit.
What's funny about that is that the ones who are not religious or of most minor religions usually have no issue with what other people believe. Have no issue with freedom of religion. You are more fit to live to follow your beliefs when things are secular than when they are ruled by those of a large/majority religion. So honestly, the only thing keeping you from living morally, in a secular government, is yourself. Your only problem is that you seem to want to make other people live by your religious morals. That's not your call.

Sonofason

... And yet your not following it because of man's law? And it's would not is, since its a fiction, and you are ignoring my point.

You can certainly make the claim that the existence of God and God's laws are fiction, but you are by no means necessarily correct in that presumption. I believe you are more likely wrong about that.

The laws of men and corrupt societies affect the morality of all of it's citizens, and their ability to follow God's laws.

Iti oj

Premium Member
You can certainly make the claim that the existence of God and God's laws are fiction, but you are by no means necessarily correct in that presumption. I believe you are more likely wrong about that.

The laws of men and corrupt societies affect the morality of all of it's citizens, and their ability to follow God's laws.

No it doesn't. You have knowledge of Gods law and the free will to follow it. Society doesn't change that. Your failures are your own.

Sonofason

No it doesn't. You have knowledge of Gods law and the free will to follow it. Society doesn't change that. Your failures are your own.

Interesting.
"White people make up about 80% of the American population, according to the United States Census. And black people account for about 13%. Yet, according to the same FBI table, blacks committed 28.4% of the crimes and whites 69.2%."
Do Blacks Really Commit the Most Crimes? | TALKBACK4Teens

According to your logic, black people must be born more depraved than white people because a black person is more apt to commit a crime than a white person. Certainly, you wouldn't blame society for this, because as you say, your failures are your own.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Interesting.
"White people make up about 80% of the American population, according to the United States Census. And black people account for about 13%. Yet, according to the same FBI table, blacks committed 28.4% of the crimes and whites 69.2%."
Do Blacks Really Commit the Most Crimes? | TALKBACK4Teens

According to your logic, black people must be born more depraved than white people because a black person is more apt to commit a crime than a white person. Certainly, you wouldn't blame society for this, because as you say, your failures are your own.
I don't believe in your god or free will. And a lot of that is racism, a large amount of drug arrest yet all races have the same drug usage levels.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I don't believe in your lack of God, nor your lack of free will.

So then your above point is mute, because its policy and racism, not action of the African Americans creating the disconnect. They don't commit more crime just get arrested more.

Unless you want to continue to argue against free will?

Sonofason

So then your above point is mute, because its policy and racism, not action of the African Americans creating the disconnect. They don't commit more crime just get arrested more.

Unless you want to continue to argue against free will?

Please provide your evidence that blacks do not commit more crime. The statistics tell a different story. Show the evidence to support your claim that the reason blacks appear to commit more crime is simply because they get arrested more.

Perhaps they get arrested more because they commit more crime.

Thinking these facts are a result of racism is in my opinion showing a significant mental deficit. But your claim does warrant evidential support.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Dunno, but nothing is perfect. The government here is Royal which means it is inherited by the royal family only. Some people complain about it while some others are happy with it. Yeah, Saudi Arabia, the country with the law people all over the words criticize, does indeed have those happy with it. Can you believe that public safety in the parts I live is achieved without major efforts from the force? Street ganging is unheard of hear! I know at least two persons who had been in an armed robbery, one in USA and the other in London, while in their whole lives here in Saudi Arabia they were never assaulted for anything.

I never really expected anyone to complain about democracy in USA but here I am proving myself wrong. I'm not trying to criticize here, all I'm saying is that we as humans are never satisfied. We tend to see the bad before we see the good, while the latter is actually there and we are actually enjoying it but without noticing it as much as we notice what we complain about.

All I can say, or rather advise, is to be optimistic and try to see the good that we living and appreciate it more. If we look at some other countries, we see them in civil wars and rebellions. Okay, there are problems here and there, but they are not as grave as civil wars or rebellions or other stuff.

After all, we are talking about managing a whole country, not a compound or something like that. Some of us have difficulties managing even a small house with a spouse and a couple of children... and a cat maybe... specially Bengal cats... those little renegades :)

Let's give the officials a break. Their duties are not as easy as we think.

I know and agree that it is good to make a change with an intention to have to to the better, but we shouldn't allow it to give us too much stress.

A load of chicken feathers I said up there, I know :D

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have a whole lotta democracy.
We just hate the results.
We each want everyone else to do things our own way, but the other fools can't
see that I'm right & they're wrong! And they won't compromise so that I get my way!
We blame money. We blame business. We blame all those special interest groups.
But ultimately, we vote in the creepy malefactors we decry...& then re-elect them!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
We have a whole lotta democracy.
We just hate the results.
We each want everyone else to do things our own way, but the other fools can't
see that I'm right & they're wrong! And they won't compromise so that I get my way!
We blame money. We blame business. We blame all those special interest groups.
But ultimately, we vote in the creepy malefactors we decry...& then re-elect them!

Pretty much that. Most everywhere, apparently.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Please provide your evidence that blacks do not commit more crime. The statistics tell a different story. Show the evidence to support your claim that the reason blacks appear to commit more crime is simply because they get arrested more.

Perhaps they get arrested more because they commit more crime.

Thinking these facts are a result of racism is in my opinion showing a significant mental deficit. But your claim does warrant evidential support.

OK so no free will and no God. Okay