• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God become a man and not a woman in Jesus in Christian teachings?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
So the question is... Why did God become a man and not a woman in Jesus in Christian teachings?

The answer is very simple. God didnt become either one. God doesnt change, esp change into something like a man. The Creator of the Universe does not come down to our level, we try to go up to him in spiritual knowledge.

Scripture tells us about two. God and.... Jesus. Paul always writes that Jesus has a father and a God.... Plus, there is no reason for God to change into a man at all. Scirpture tells us that God was working "through" his son...... God manifestation. There are two wills at play here. The will of God and the will of Jesus. Jesus never did what he wanted to do but did his father's will always.

To even think that Jesus is God or even that God changes into something else totally degrades our Heavenly Father.
Very true. Thank you - you are among the few!

God is neither male or female. Male and female are concerning human, flesh, physical entities.

Notice also that angels are neither male nor female… but WE engender them for our purpose.

Notice that when God made Adam, Adam was BOTH male and female (Yes, I know the Bible writers used the pronoun, ‘He’ for Adam but that’s just for our understanding.

God ‘took’ the feminine elements (called ‘Rib’) out of Adam and formed them into another human body which Adam called ‘Wo-Man’ (Hebrew for ‘Taken out of [the?] Man’). Thus, Adam was given a help-mate, and, in order to fulfil God’s command to ‘fill the earth [with offspring], the man and the wo-man need to reunite in a ‘marriage’.

Distinguishing the man and the Wo-man is the reason humanity is engendered male and female (perhaps even ‘FE-Male’ is the same as ‘WO-Man!).

God cannot be engendered EXCEPT that God is also primarily ‘Creator’, and afterwards, ‘Nurturer’ of what God created. Therefore, in human terms then, God is ‘FATHER’ and in respect of humanity again, is therefore ‘He’ (and perhaps ‘S-He’is the same ‘Wo-Man’!)

Soapy

That's not how the linguistics works for the word man and woman. Nice try.
For one English isn't related to Hebrew.
Check it out first before showing yourself up as desperate. The German for Husband is originally ‘Mann’ and a Wife was ‘Wifman’. Time moved the word to be spoken as ‘Woman’: ‘Wife of a Husband’.
And guess which nation translated the Hebrew Bible text and ‘evolved’ the Hebrew ‘IshShah’ (Woman) into ‘wifman/woman’? A German translator!!

Which linguist were you referring to and where do you say that the reference, ‘Woman’ comes from such that ‘Isshah’ is translated as ‘Woman’(actually, ‘Wife’)?

Last edited:

Soapy

Are you saying you do not know the difference between the finite and the infinite? Or do you think God is not infinite or man is not finite?
Moorea944 is saying that ‘You’ are not making sense… and I agree. I, too, cannot find sense in what you claim about two spirits.

Spirit is not mortal? Is that what you mean?

What exactly does ‘Finite’ and ‘Infinite’ mean in terms of a Spirit?

Expand your definition for us, please.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A man has to exist physically to own the biology a penis to be defined a man.

Human.

Human means species. Two of. And you need both so we are equal mutual the equals answer.

As to own an answer the answer says equals.

Legal.

A man says space is space.

No argument.

His satanic Brother Theist said space is a womb.

Hence he had to have known a woman human already.

That idea says fake theorising.

As emptiness cannot give birth. The equals answer is emptiness.

So as human men are doing all claims. The claim is self hierarchy.

As just men. Not thinking about life living with women humans. Men who wanted science converting instead.

Exact human history. The theist man.

So men said O earth had a mother whose status allowed the body O to be held existing. As if it were a child in a womb.

Said it was power owner for men. The planet the entity creator of its owned heavens. A God.

Straight away you are notified greedy rich men gave self claim to being owners of the planet. Under one term...science. agreed by all brothers.

Therefore gods substances were human man named. And out of zero space held substance man stated was he given power from the womb.

Was a scientific man theists summation of his own behaviours. And why he sacrificed his man human baby self biology.

As man was only born by the sin of human sex. Inherited body change in the cell causes.

Therefore you have to exist first owning human biology to know it was sacrificed.

Why a human man who described what God meant to a man in science caused his life removal when he was reborn again.

As the baby inherited the changed life...as he was already biological living as human adults.

Therefore as no man was God the title of the summation was a subject named Jesus...man's life sacrificed not Jesus.

Man's life was mans life first. Not gods.

Soapy

references for this? I know that is a Baha’i belief, but I don’t find support for that idea in Bible.
I don’t know what Baha’i is and certain therefore do not subscribe to it! I’m talking Christianity (and not trinitarianism nor JW nor modalism nor any other fallacy-filled belief in that ilk!)
  • ‘Angels… neither given nor taken in marriage’
‘Marriage’ in the scriptures is a euphemism for sexual entwinement!

The reason there is no support for the fact that a spirit is neither male nor female is because no one in biblical times ever queried the question of gender of a spirit. It was obvious that spirits were not gendered since there is no need for a gender in a spirit:
Spirits do not procreate. The only need for gender is to distinguish the two entities required for procreation: a male and a female.

It’s so simple when prejudice of thought is dispelled.

Truth in love

The reason there is no support for the fact that a spirit is neither male nor female is because no one in biblical times ever queried the question of gender of a spirit. It was obvious that spirits were not gendered since there is no need for a gender in a spirit:
Spirits do not procreate. The only need for gender is to distinguish the two entities required for procreation: a male and a female.

It’s so simple when prejudice of thought is dispelled.

Seeing a lack k of need does not mean it is not.
Going back to Gen we see make and female made in the image of God. This would be hard to pull off if there is no gender outside of the mortal realm.

granted there is not much on this in the Bible, but we do get hints of it such as Job 38:
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Now granted this is not overly conclusive, but lacking statements to the contrary it would seem that gender is the norm.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a self Idolating human man thinker said. When I didn't exist nor did a woman or animals or garden nature or a planet.

He says space did.

Nothing owned. Yet a man says in a man's head nothing was owned. His own ownership was present.

Said in his actual human head.

Is why self Idolating as a man human scientist theist said incorrect use of humans consciousness.

As the answer nothing owned nothing is ownership nothing. Not any human.

Your self Idolating bad human behaviour is why anything on earth became unnatural.

As your thinking is unnatural.

When humans say I compare... still today you compare. You then Make assessments. Place status and ownership about why my comparing says I'm better.

Yet the whole term not natural anymore means everyone is lying.

You already were told you were lying by self Idolating. Comparing terming status.

As equals meant...a human man was equal a human man. A human woman was equals a human woman.

Mutual equal yet mutual a variation.

Mutual and variation was stated as natural law. No personal use of self Idolating as better. As first you are mutual.

Most greedy humans by status terms organised rich still haven't come to terms with the status expressed today is just humans still lying.

It's about time you agreed to what you already are advised about.

Soapy

Seeing a lack k of need does not mean it is not.
Going back to Gen we see make and female made in the image of God. This would be hard to pull off if there is no gender outside of the mortal realm.

granted there is not much on this in the Bible, but we do get hints of it such as Job 38:
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Now granted this is not overly conclusive, but lacking statements to the contrary it would seem that gender is the norm.
Viewing the spiritual with physical mind illicit wrongful conclusions.

Do you notice that there are no ‘Daughters of God’?

The TERM, ‘SONs of God’ is SPIRITUAL. It means:
  • ‘They who follow the spirit of God, their Father’
  • ‘They who do the Will of God, their Father’
And, ‘Their Father’, means:
  1. ‘The one who GAVE THEM LIFE’
  2. ‘Their Creator’
  3. ‘The one who brought them into being’
You will see the same thing when Jesus says that he is the Son of God. The Jews cannot understand his mode of speech because they didn’t understand he was speaking spiritually (Jesus always spoke spiritually except one time and the disciples responded: ‘Now you are speaking plainly’ (John 16:29).

So, if you are thinking of Sons as MALE GENDER then you are thinking IN THE FLESH and not with a spiritual mind and hence I guess you also misunderstand other references to ‘Sons’ in regard to spiritual matters.

In the flesh, the physical, world, we are ‘Gods’ as in ‘we are images of The God who created us: the Father’. As such we ‘CREATE offspring in the flesh’, this is called ‘PROCREATION’, fleshly reproduction.
Because Adam had a ‘Rib’ taken from him and made into another human, a ‘helpmate’, which he called ‘Woman’ (Ish-shah), there now needs to be a way to distinguish the two: so, now there are ‘daughters’ of ‘Man[kind]’ who will be given in marriage. Now we have specific GENDERS in mankind: male and female.

In the spirit realm, there are no gendered entities.

There is a reference to ‘The bride of Christ’ mentioned in the book of Revelation. Notice that a ‘Bride’ is one who is Given to a Man in marriage. Jesus never actually MARRIES - ‘Bride’ is a metaphorical term.

Truth in love

Viewing the spiritual with physical mind illicit wrongful conclusions.

Do you notice that there are no ‘Daughters of God’?

The TERM, ‘SONs of God’ is SPIRITUAL. It means:
  • ‘They who follow the spirit of God, their Father’
  • ‘They who do the Will of God, their Father’
And, ‘Their Father’, means:
  1. ‘The one who GAVE THEM LIFE’
  2. ‘Their Creator’
  3. ‘The one who brought them into being’
You will see the same thing when Jesus says that he is the Son of God. The Jews cannot understand his mode of speech because they didn’t understand he was speaking spiritually (Jesus always spoke spiritually except one time and the disciples responded: ‘Now you are speaking plainly’ (John 16:29).

So, if you are thinking of Sons as MALE GENDER then you are thinking IN THE FLESH and not with a spiritual mind and hence I guess you also misunderstand other references to ‘Sons’ in regard to spiritual matters.

In the flesh, the physical, world, we are ‘Gods’ as in ‘we are images of The God who created us: the Father’. As such we ‘CREATE offspring in the flesh’, this is called ‘PROCREATION’, fleshly reproduction.
Because Adam had a ‘Rib’ taken from him and made into another human, a ‘helpmate’, which he called ‘Woman’ (Ish-shah), there now needs to be a way to distinguish the two: so, now there are ‘daughters’ of ‘Man[kind]’ who will be given in marriage. Now we have specific GENDERS in mankind: male and female.

In the spirit realm, there are no gendered entities.

There is a reference to ‘The bride of Christ’ mentioned in the book of Revelation. Notice that a ‘Bride’ is one who is Given to a Man in marriage. Jesus never actually MARRIES - ‘Bride’ is a metaphorical term.

1. Son of God in Job is in reference to when the earth was forming so way before we had physical bodies.
2. Paul reefers to us as God's offspring. (Acts 17). This does not fit with the crater only idea.
3. How did the Gods make male and female in their image if there is no male or female in the spirit world?

Muffled

Jesus in me
You actually wrote it differently. You wrote it as there were 2 types of spirits. One in us and then there is another type of spirit only found in Jesus. So I really wasnt sure what you were trying to say here...... But no worries.

I believe there are two types of spirits. There is the human spirit which is finite and God's Spirit which is infinite.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Actually, not at all likely. It's more along the line that both Hebrew and Greek are "gender sensitive", namely that something big or very important generally gets reflected with the male pronoun. On top of that, who would God have sex with? ;)

I believe as the Qu'ran suggests that since God does not have sons that he does not have sex.

Soapy

1. Son of God in Job is in reference to when the earth was forming so way before we had physical bodies.
2. Paul reefers to us as God's offspring. (Acts 17). This does not fit with the crater only idea.
3. How did the Gods make male and female in their image if there is no male or female in the spirit world?
You are reading the scriptures incorrectly. I have explained to you that ‘Sons’ are those who do the Will of their Father - their creator!

Angels are ‘Sons of God’ since they do the Will of God - their creator. And, yes, the angels were created by God before the world and all within were formed. And so you see that ‘Sons’ gendered male by humans was not applicable to the Angels.

Sons of HUMANS are given genders since there are TWO of each kind of man: a female and a male. The male is a ‘Son’ since Adam was created first - and afterwards, Eve was taken from out of Adam. I don’t which part of the scriptures you are reading that does not say that, and even qualified by the apostles.

There is no reference to GODS making humans in their image anywhere in the Christian or Jewish scriptures.

‘Image of GOD’ refers not to physical matters but such things as intelligence, creativity, rulership, love, nurture, holiness, righteousness, awareness of self, foresight, husbandry, …. Man can ‘be like God’ but only in the physical world which means that man is limited and bounded by the laws of physics. We are ‘Gods’ in the physical world (or as the pop group, the Police, wrote: ‘We are Spirits in the material world!’)

Maybe you only read the SUMMARY part of Genesis where it SUMMARISES that God made both male and female…. It’s true that God madd them both …. But it was not a double act single creation :
  • Adam was created ….. and God put him to sleep and took a ‘Rob’ from his side and FORMED IT INTO ANOTHER human being WHICH ADAM CALLED ‘WOMAN’ : because ‘SHE was TAKEN FROM OUT OF THE MAN’ (Genesis 2:22)
Please understand that what you presented was the SUMMARY of the creation of the two human beings.

Last edited:

Truth in love

You are reading the scriptures incorrectly. I have explained to you that ‘Sons’ are those who do the Will of their Father - their creator!

Angels are ‘Sons of God’ since they do the Will of God - their creator. And, yes, the angels were created by God before the world and all within were formed. And so you see that ‘Sons’ gendered male by humans was not applicable to the Angels.

Sons of HUMANS are given genders since there are TWO of each kind of man: a female and a male. The male is a ‘Son’ since Adam was created first - and afterwards, Eve was taken from out of Adam. I don’t which part of the scriptures you are reading that does not say that, and even qualified by the apostles.

There is no reference to GODS making humans in their image anywhere in the Christian or Jewish scriptures.

‘Image of GOD’ refers not to physical matters but such things as intelligence, creativity, rulership, love, nurture, holiness, righteousness, awareness of self, foresight, husbandry, …. Man can ‘be like God’ but only in the physical world which means that man is limited and bounded by the laws of physics. We are ‘Gods’ in the physical world (or as the pop group, the Police, wrote: ‘We are Spirits in the material world!’)

Maybe you only read the SUMMARY part of Genesis where it SUMMARISES that God made both male and female…. It’s true that God madd them both …. But it was not a double act single creation :
  • Adam was created ….. and God put him to sleep and took a ‘Rob’ from his side and FORMED IT INTO ANOTHER human being WHICH ADAM CALLED ‘WOMAN’ : because ‘SHE was TAKEN FROM OUT OF THE MAN’ (Genesis 2:22)
Please understand that what you presented was the SUMMARY of the creation of the two human beings.

How is what the Bible actually says (and repeats a few times) incorrect?

Where is the correct reading located?

Soapy

How is what the Bible actually says (and repeats a few times) incorrect?

Where is the correct reading located?
What …exactly… are you asking?

Im happy to answer you but your question is completely vague!

Please set out some points and I will answer them, thank you.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So the question is... Why did God become a man and not a woman in Jesus in Christian teachings?

The answer is very simple. God didnt become either one. God doesnt change, esp change into something like a man. The Creator of the Universe does not come down to our level, we try to go up to him in spiritual knowledge.

Scripture tells us about two. God and.... Jesus. Paul always writes that Jesus has a father and a God.... Plus, there is no reason for God to change into a man at all. Scirpture tells us that God was working "through" his son...... God manifestation. There are two wills at play here. The will of God and the will of Jesus. Jesus never did what he wanted to do but did his father's will always.

To even think that Jesus is God or even that God changes into something else totally degrades our Heavenly Father.

This is well said.

If God can create an equal or beget, we would all be that. No need of creating anything else. If he can beget a son or daughter for eternity, we would all be eternally begotten. No need of creating other things.

But God can't repeat himself nor can absolute life have any life that does not stem from him in a limited way, he is absolute life, nothing besides him.

Truth in love

What …exactly… are you asking?

Im happy to answer you but your question is completely vague!

Please set out some points and I will answer them, thank you.
You said my reading was wrong.
Can you cite where what you are claiming is actually said?