• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God become a man and not a woman in Jesus in Christian teachings?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
we were the sons of God shouting for joy along with Job back in the day. We can live up to that inheritance or reject it. That choice is massive, but we are Gods children regardless.
“We” are not angels … ‘We’ are human beings made in the likeness, the image of God.

Angels are not glorified humans, nor are they glorified by God. Angels are a spiritual TOOLSET that God uses to do his work - Who glorifies their tools for doing what they are made to do?

Truth in love

“We” are not angels … ‘We’ are human beings made in the likeness, the image of God.

Angels are not glorified humans, nor are they glorified by God. Angels are a spiritual TOOLSET that God uses to do his work - Who glorifies their tools for doing what they are made to do?

I find nothing in the Bible supporting that.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Not only because the Messiah is prophesied to be male, but because He is a priest, king, head of the human race, is called "Everlasting Father," is the husband of the Church, and is the teacher of all, all of which are male positions, is the Lord Jesus male.

As for God being called so by the Church before/after the Incarnation ("He" and so on) it is because God is proactive towards creation always, which in contrast to receptivity is the essence of maleness, so He is called so. A friend of mine wrote this as explanation of it:

"God is Male like how, in nature, there’s maleness & femaleness in plants & flowers, where in the creative cycle there is an active force & a passive force—among human beings & animals that manifests as maleness & femaleness. God being uncreated & eternal, from whom we received everything we can know, and who contained within His thought the entirety of creation… is the ultimate & primordial “active agent” that maleness & fatherhood in nature (in created things) is the direct image (eikone, icon) of. (Even though they don’t know why, nobody ever says “Father Nature” but “Mother Nature”). So “Father” is an icon, an image, but like other icons it conveys information about God that, if you were to put into words, would require a few paragraphs and a bit of reasoning. It also conveys the closeness each creature within creation has with Him. People who depart from the Bible’s repeated insistence on this, inevitably end up misunderstanding & misrepresenting God, and can’t even begin to understand the Trinity (i.e. “I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth and all things visible and invisible.”)"

God is male towards all created things, all created things are female towards God, individual created things can be male or female towards one another (or in themselves sometimes) in this sense, and all human persons are masculine towards the world. There are more details that can be gone into on this matter but that's the gist of it and the big picture.

In my opinion of course.

Sounds like gobdygoop to me.

Parthenogenesis always results in a female offspring as there is no y chromosome contribution.

All virgin births must result in a female child.
All male children must involve both a male and female parent.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I find nothing in the Bible supporting that.
Of course you will not find anything in the Bible saying that. It doesn’t need to be said…. Why would the Bible speak about things that need not be spoken about and that are obvious?

You can invent a million stupid insinuations and then accuse the Bible of not refuting any of them. Does that mean that your million insinuations are therefore true?

Truth in love

Of course you will not find anything in the Bible saying that. It doesn’t need to be said…. Why would the Bible speak about things that need not be spoken about and that are obvious?

You can invent a million stupid insinuations and then accuse the Bible of not refuting any of them. Does that mean that your million insinuations are therefore true?

The Bible says A often. You insist that A is wrong and I should believe B when it never says B.

Nope never going to fly with me. The well meaning ideas of men and good intentions will never trump the revealed word of God.