• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't people just leave the Jews alone?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Maybe if they were not shoved into Israel and stole Palestine they wouldn't be in at least that position. It isn't their land, and it hasn't been for thousands of years.
You need to learn your history. That land has been continually "stolen" by a bunch of different peoples. The Jews are the descendants of the native peoples of that land. They got kicked out by the Romans in the 2nd century and always wanted to go back, somehow and someday. Why is them returning to their ancestral land "stealing" it?

As far as stuff in ancient history it had more to do with geography, where as with the Holocaust that was rather odd when you think about it since no one had anything at stake other than a scapegoat but ya.
What?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've never understood this argument, are Jews really being mistreated in the modern world? Some of the world richest organisations, individuals and political figures are Jews .They control much of the stock market and gold and receive billions from western nations i.e. all the money given to Israel by the US or various western nations.
I didn't say Jews are mistreated in the West, especially in America. Americans have largely gotten over our anti-Semitic past. Europe, however, has a lot of problems with anti-Semitism.

I'm referring to the non-acceptance of the concept of the Jews having the right to their homeland and it essentially being founded on anti-Semitism.

In terms of Britain, some of the leading politicians and business figures are Jews and in all honesty, their hard work is to be admired but many of these people are also staunch supporters of the apartheid regime of Israel .Again, where are they being mistreated?
You obviously don't know what "apartheid" is. As a mixed person with black Southern US ancestry (the South under Jim Crow is the most similar to South African apartheid, as a system), it's offensive to refer to Israel as an "apartheid state" as racial segregation and racial supremacy is not enforced in Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/01/opinion/israel-and-the-apartheid-slander.html?_r=0

Again, how are the jews not being left alone? The control much of the capitalist, modern world. The power is quite literally in their hands. Where has this victim mentality come from?
Stop spewing anti-Semitic canards.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
You need to learn your history. That land has been continually "stolen" by a bunch of different peoples. The Jews are the descendants of the native peoples of that land. They got kicked out by the Romans in the 2nd century and always wanted to go back, somehow and someday. Why is them returning to their ancestral land "stealing" it?

What?

If you want to go back that far, they were not native but invaded the land and committed genocide against the natives after Moses lead them out of Egypt.

I'm sorry but 1,800+ years is too long to still try to hold onto a claim from a Theocratic state that was long, long gone. By the time of WWII Palestinians were the natives of the area.

No one wants to admit it but the Jews were put there purely out of Christian sentiments with no respect or consideration for the people already living there. If they did even think about that, so many wars could of been avoided.

It would of made more sense to allow them to resettle into allied countries in Europe since most of them were European Jews to begin with.

Flankerl

If you want to go back that far, they were not native but invaded the land and committed genocide against the natives after Moses lead them out of Egypt.

I'm sorry but 1,800+ years is too long to still try to hold onto a claim from a Theocratic state that was long, long gone. By the time of WWII Palestinians were the natives of the area.

No one wants to admit it but the Jews were put there purely out of Christian sentiments with no respect or consideration for the people already living there. If they did even think about that, so many wars could of been avoided.

It would of made more sense to allow them to resettle into allied countries in Europe since most of them were European Jews to begin with.

Like how you ignore how there have always been Jews in the area for the last 1900 years.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Like how you ignore that there have been a lot lot more Muslim and Christian Palestinians in the area for centuries.

rosends

2 problems -- one, you want to create an arbitrary chronological cut off (1800 years is too much BUT 100 isn't), and two, you ignore that there were all sorts of people living there, under the dominion of the british mandate, the Ottoman empire and others. You keep falling back on this false notion of "palestinians" and then calling them "natives." It simply isn't true.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female

I have the same opinion,in europe you can hardly see people to be against jews. I don't understand israeli jews how can they so love a place called Israel hot as oven for 6 months a year? Sure that's true for entire ME.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
This is a fair invitation for Israeli Jews ; Pls do come to live in eastern Europe. We like you. Are not you bored of surviving under a/c units ? We have a reducing population problem,join us ahi!

Kapalika

Premium Member
Like how you ignore how there have always been Jews in the area for the last 1900 years.

2 problems -- one, you want to create an arbitrary chronological cut off (1800 years is too much BUT 100 isn't), and two, you ignore that there were all sorts of people living there, under the dominion of the british mandate, the Ottoman empire and others. You keep falling back on this false notion of "palestinians" and then calling them "natives." It simply isn't true.

I clearly said Israel can't claim the land since it hadn't existed for NEARLY TWO THOUSAND YEARS.

Obviously in what I said the people living there should be able to live there, that's my entire point. Instead they were displaced from their home for the formation of a state that hadn't existed for nearly 2,000 years.

There is no reason that Jew, Christian or Muslim should of have to leave the area. Is it so hard to understand that it's WRONG to force someone out of their home because you think you "own" the land even though you came from Europe to claim it because 2,000 years ago an ancestor of yours might of lived there?

Am I ****ing crazy for thinking that's wrong?

And yes, I think if if a people was living there within a lifetime they have more of a claim than someone who tries to go back 2,000 years to claim it!

Edit:

Okay, sorry for getting angry... let me clarify.

I don't think anyone should of been resettled in modern day Israel. I don't think any new state should of been formed. I think anyone, Jew, Christian, or Muslim, shouldn't of been displaced from where they already lived.

I think, for the European Jews after WW2, they should of been resettled in Europe where they actually had ties.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
Okay, sorry let me clarify.

I don't think anyone should of been resettled in modern day Israel. I don't think any new state should of been formed. I think anyone, Jew, Christian, or Muslim, shouldn't of been displaced from where they already lived.

I think, for the European Jews after WW2, they should of been resettled in Europe where they actually had ties.

rosends

Do you feel the same about other new states created in the same era, which included displacing people? Does the reason people were displaced matter? Does the fact that the state was not the creation of 1948, but was the result of political moves decades earlier matter? And do you really think that resettling people after WW2 in the same lands (and often surrounded by the same people) was a way to ensure their safety? And do people not have the right to move where they want? People weren't "resettled" in Israel -- they chose to move there. Some Arabs chose to stay, many sold their land and many fled violence. War does that. Should Israel not have defended itself from nations which attacked it?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

The Middle East has always been an area in flux whereas peoples move in and out and about, largely due to its geographic location and its relative lack of good arable land and water. An example from last century is that hundreds of thousands of Arabs from different regions moved into the area we now call "Israel" to get jobs that were being created with the building of that state, and the standard of living for Palestinians living in Israel is much better than Arabs who live in the surrounding states.

Flankerl

And yes, I think if if a people was living there within a lifetime they have more of a claim than someone who tries to go back 2,000 years to claim it!

Well then everything is settled because most Israelis living in Israel were born there.

Great stuff.

You are right, they could've scouted probable land to claim on one of the various death marches in which they took part.

Like how you ignore that there have been a lot lot more Muslim and Christian Palestinians in the area for centuries.

Stop making things up and go live in an Islamic country of your choice.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Why can't people just leave the Jews alone?
Maybe because the true God, is trying to bring them back in the fold, and thus what they follow is so off key, everyone has been trying to correct them....

So instead of learning from it, and questioning maybe they've been following the wrong path; they've become hardened, and set in their ways...... :oops:

So an example of this would be Yeshua, who came along challenging Rabbinic Judaism saying it was not of God, yet of man....With its obsessive ritualism, temple obsession, prayer mongering, over zealous cleanliness, etc...

So now 2000 years later all that is left is their Rabbinic Judaism.... :rolleyes:

rosends

Maybe because the true God, is trying to bring them back in the fold, and thus what they follow is so off key, everyone has been trying to correct them....

So instead of learning from it, and questioning maybe they've been following the wrong path; they've become hardened, and set in their ways...... :oops:

So an example of this would be Yeshua, who came along challenging Rabbinic Judaism saying it was not of God, yet of man....With its obsessive ritualism, temple obsession, prayer mongering, over zealous cleanliness, etc...

So now 2000 years later all that is left is their Rabbinic Judaism.... :rolleyes:
that same logic could be used by a Muslim to explain violence against Christians. Just saying.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
that same logic could be used by a Muslim to explain violence against Christians. Just saying.
Wait? Muslims don't attack Christians due to being ritualistic?? :facepalm:

Muslims are more like Rabbinic Judaism; into all sorts of excess ceremony for everything.

Also when were Muslims only targeting Christians specifically? :rolleyes: