• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why arre there so few, who wish to be saved?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whats a yeoman?
Someone who doesn't need saving, I guess.
R7bbeac987ca3202a53d18755601077c7

A Vestigial Mote

Difficult it is, to find yeomans that truly wish to be saved.
Howcome it is so?
Personally, I don't like it at all when someone tries to inform me that I need to live by some code or prescribed method of thinking/believing when they have zero compelling evidence for said position. I just don't like it. In fact, I actively work against such attempts, and attempt to get the person trying to do the convincing the understand just how un-convincing they truly are. Most of them can't see it, of course - which is just sad. If anything, that very mindset is what makes me question whether or not the human race is going to "make it."

Is it not clear then
that this world is headed for the worst?
Not really, no.

Is it not clear then
that it is high time,
to put on one's spiritual life vest?
I'm definitely not even going to attempt this. Sounds like vague, unsupportable gibberish.

(in those halcyon days of yore,
on the bonfire of merriment,
when the ship of the world seemed unsinkable)
I don't, at all, view "the ship" as unsinkable - if by "the ship" you're referring to humanity, or "the world" in general as you allude to at the end of your little piece of prose. And as far as the "bonfire of merriment" - is this some reference to the tired, old idea that non-believers must be out there reveling in all sorts of sin and generally unproductive shenanigans? If so... just say what you mean so that I can refute it directly.

And is it not clear then
that if thou dost not know how
that thou should consult one who can teach thee?
Is it not clear?
See - this right here is the problem. YOU think you can teach me something about "saving" myself from some amorphous, unevidenced plight. Don't do that. Don't try and think for me. I'm good, and I will be the first to own up to any of my mistakes should I one day figure out that I made them in this regard (whatever it is you're getting at - I am still not 100% certain honestly).

But perhaps thou thinkest that the
ship of the world will yet right itself
and be on its merry way?
From an objective sense, I don't think it actually matters whether the "ship of the world" "rights itself" to come out of whatever danger you feel it is in. Subjectively, myself, however, I do so enjoy the world, and I would like for others to be able to enjoy it too. So I do some small part to try and fix what I see as the broken things, and try to keep in mind the future generations' experiences in the actions I take in the here and now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Howcome it is so?

Is it not clear then
Is it not clear then
that it is high time,

And is it not clear then
that if thou hast burned thy life vest
thou had better sew thyself a new one?

And is it not clear then
Is it not clear?

and be on its merry way?

I am quite happy with reality rather than wishful thinking. I know my component atoms will continue for ever after i die. Some of those atoms will go on to help create new life (in that way we are all made of dead people). In time when this world dies those atoms will wind up floating in the universe and may help to form a new sun with its own solar system which may produce life of its own, helped by me. The first law of thermodynamics guarantees that possiblity.

Now isn't that better than being preached at to follow a specific doctrine that has absolutely no evidence to back it up

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am quite happy with reality rather than wishful thinking. I know my component atoms will continue for ever after i die. Some of those atoms will go on to help create new life (in that way we are all made of dead people). In time when this world dies those atoms will wind up floating in the universe and may help to form a new sun with its own solar system which may produce life of its own, helped by me. The first law of thermodynamics guarantees that possiblity.
I break this down into two scenarios:
All those I love and cherish won't just be made of star stuff, they will be star stuff.
Also, all these people I hate and detest and despise are gonna be blown up in a cosmic nuclear blast. This will be accompanied by Soft Cell's cover of Tainted Love.:D

QuestioningMind

Howcome it is so?

Is it not clear then
Is it not clear then
that it is high time,

And is it not clear then

And is it not clear then
Is it not clear?

and be on its merry way?

What is it that you imagine I need saving from?

Altfish

Veteran Member

Now isn't that better than being preached at to follow a specific doctrine that has absolutely no evidence to back it up
Well said

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Howcome it is so?

Is it not clear then
Is it not clear then
that it is high time,

And is it not clear then

And is it not clear then
Is it not clear?

and be on its merry way?

To be saved from what, for what?

I don't mind the world. It's a place of challenges. The problems you see, I see as challenges to overcome.
The harder the challenge the greater the sense of accomplishment when it is overcome.

What's the prize, what is the reward for being saved? How do I know it is something I want?

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Howcome it is so?

Is it not clear then
Is it not clear then
that it is high time,

And is it not clear then

And is it not clear then
Is it not clear?

and be on its merry way?

There were no life vests on the ark.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In my belief there is no 'saved' versus 'not saved'. We are all destined with union with Divinity, some taking longer to get there than others.

epronovost

Whats a yeoman?

A yeoman is the name given in Britain to a peasant who actually owned a plot of land he was cultivating thus being different from a serf who was a tenant and forced to work for a nobleman. It can also refer to a servent or a military rank for someone who is occupying a position bellow sergeant but above that of a squire, page or simple man-at-arm. In other word, a yeoman is a term to describe people who would form the "middle class" of the rural feudal world.

Audie

Veteran Member
Howcome it is so?

Is it not clear then
Is it not clear then
that it is high time,

And is it not clear then

And is it not clear then
Is it not clear?

and be on its merry way?

Its clearly bad poetry in fake kjv.