• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't you a communist?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
DANG IT!!!! And I didn't believe em when they told me you have to watch those Communists..because they will sneak up on ya and WHAMMO!!!!! before you know it...you're a red.
communist-bear.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
They were certainly interesting. For example, Mao was a poet, and a pretty good one to boot.

Sorry, I misspoke...
I meant interesting to me.

What I find interesting is in no way an objective measure. For what it's worth, all three of those guys I've spent a lot of time reading about, so it's really only in relationship to people like Trotsky, Lenin, Guevara, etc, who I find fascinating in terms of ideology versus implementation.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do you believe in the Caste system, wherein a person is born to a specific range of tasks, or positions and should not (or cannot) move from one to the other?
I thought that was a part of the Hindu dogma. But, again, I am largely ignorant of the subject, save reading an article here and there over the years.
:) I do not believe in caste system, which as you said is a part of Hinduism (though the system is breaking down due to times and the legal provisions in Indian constitution), but I do believe in tribe system. Each tribe has its own unique traditions and for them to survive, marriages should take place in the tribe itself.
I know there is a non-theistic branch of Bhuddism, though.
Spelling, Milton. Buddhism. :)

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Also, I have yet to hear someone say,
'But that's not true capitalism!'
Well, there's a good basis for that. There hasn't (to my knowledge, anyway) been a communist state. The little 'c' is important here. The little 'c' would indicate a communist society, as in it enforces the policies generally attributed to communist parties. There have been Communist states, however. The big 'C' here denotes a state ran by a Communist party, not a state that enforces communist policies.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Well, one good reason would be to not want to end up in the FBI security index of individuals to be rounded up in the event of a national emergency, although I'd be in good company.
Yup, that's a pretty good reason. Although I think that instead of communists being the ones rounded up, it'll be Muslims. Still it's a bit disconcerting knowing that the government can put you on a black list for no reason. If they're still doing it, (which I bet they are) then I'm definitely on the list. I don't know if Canada has a list like that, but I would assume so.:(

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yup, that's a pretty good reason. Although I think that instead of communists being the ones rounded up, it'll be Muslims. Still it's a bit disconcerting knowing that the government can put you on a black list for no reason. If they're still doing it, (which I bet they are) then I'm definitely on the list. I don't know if Canada has a list like that, but I would assume so.:(

Atheists would probably end up on the list, too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Money talks in China...however they now have an Emperor (OK President Xi for life) again so who knows what is going to happen now...and Xi is cracking down
Well, the society which invented "interesting times" as a curse is hoist by its own petard.