• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY are still muslıms sleeping?

frbnsn

Why are the western states staring at the oil and natural gas of the Middle East?
Isn't colonialism obvious theft?
Muslims in vain clash with each other, thieves continue to steal!
Shouldn't they be unity against thieves?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Why are the western states staring at the oil and natural gas of the Middle East?
Nobody is stealing anything and there is no colonialism. The oil and gas belong to the nation states of the Middle East, and is sold by them at market prices.

Now, you may argue that the rulers of these states are siphoning off the wealth of their people for their own gain, but that is another issue.

Some of them are even using it to export a horrible variant of islam to the West, where it leads to cultural discord and terrorism. That is also another issue.

It is about time people in the Middle East stopped blaming everyone but themselves for this mess.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God bless you and may Muslims stop killing each other and the western states stop stealing their oil. May the oil and natural gas of the middle east fall to the hands of the people who will use it most wisely. May this be done in Jesus name and by his blood. May Muslims stop getting so offended when a Christian states that God loves us so much that he became one of us and shared in our suffering and even died for us and was humiliated for us to show us how much he loved us, that every bit of suffering and humiliation and agony in this life is actually a share in Christ's Crucifixion and shall lead to a glorious resurrection.

God bless you, my Muslim neighbor...let go of all hate or anger...it isn't healthy....bless your enemies even that they will have a change of heart...also, I don't think anyone is stealing from you

danieldemol

Premium Member
In order for Muslims to be united they would have to lay aside deep sectarian and nationalistic conflict.

To me it looks like the best way to do that would be to lay aside the fundamentalism and ultra nationalism that drives such bigotry.

But if you were to do that you could even learn to co-operate with the west, so I guess your greatest enemy is the enemy of self.

sooda

Veteran Member
In order for Muslims to be united they would have to lay aside deep sectarian and nationalistic conflict.

To me it looks like the best way to do that would be to lay aside the fundamentalism and ultra nationalism that drives such bigotry.

But if you were to do that you could even learn to co-operate with the west, so I guess your greatest enemy is the enemy of self.

Not much nationalism in most Arab states.. certainly not in the Gulf States.

Fundamentalism and ultra-nationalism drive bigotry in the US too.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The roots of sectarian and nationalistic problems that has prevented them from becoming a part of a diverse united world is rooted in the tribalism of their origins and culture. This is a similar problem with all ancient religions that remain divided and in conflict in the contemporary world.

There is a new world of unity and peace that will slowly evolve form a world of tragic consequences, but it takes a change in paradigms possibly eventually brought on by tragic consequences of clinging to ancient worldviews.

sooda

Veteran Member
The roots of sectarian and nationalistic problems that has prevented them from becoming a part of a diverse united world is rooted in the tribalism of their origins and culture. This is a similar problem with all ancient religions that remain divided and in conflict in the contemporary world.

There is a new world of unity and peace that will slowly evolve form a world of tragic consequences, but it takes a change in paradigms possibly eventually brought on by tragic consequences of clinging to ancient worldviews.

The Arab world was sleepy and apolitical until the end of the Ottoman Empire .. and nationalism has grown out of the problem of Palestine.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Arab world was sleepy and apolitical until the end of the Ottoman Empire .. and nationalism has grown out of the problem of Palestine.

This describes the effects and surface consequence in history. I believe the tribalism of the Middle East and the Arab world lies at the root of the problem lies in the ancient tribalism that separates Judaism, and the different tribes that define the various divisions, an conflicts within Islam, and the outside world.

Most people do not consider tribalism the problem in the history of Christianity, but in reality it is part of root of the conflicts between the three largest Abrahamic religions. The turf war grew out of the tribal claims over Palestine

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
This describes the effects and surface consequence in history. I believe the tribalism of the Middle East and the Arab world lies at the root of the problem lies in the ancient tribalism that separates Judaism, and the different tribes that define the various divisions in Islam.

And they all managed to live together all over the Arab world until the 1950s.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
And they all managed to live together all over the Arab world until the 1950s.

I believe there is more to the history for example the role of the Ottoman Empire in the conflict, the domination of Western Colonialism cutting up the Middle East in divisive boundaries in the Middle East and Africa to manipulate the Colonial World, and the rise Christian missionary efforts evoked a backlash from the Islamic Middle East..

The rise in conflicts in post WWII Middle East, though still rooted in tribalism is manifest in Anti-Jewish/Semitic persecution and ethnic cleansing in the West, Zionism, and the rise of tribal nationalism in Middle East, which has its roots in the 19th century

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe there is more to the history for example the role of the Ottoman Empire in the conflict, the domination of Western Colonialism cutting up the Middle East in divisive boundaries in the Middle East and Africa to manipulate the Colonial World, and the rise Christian missionary efforts evoked a backlash from the Islamic Middle East..

The rise in conflicts in post WWII Middle East, though still rooted in tribalism is manifest in Anti-Jewish/Semitic persecution and ethnic cleansing in the West, Zionism, and the rise of tribal nationalism in Middle East, which has its roots in the 19th century

Anywhere you had colonialism in the Arab world you had a rise in nationalism.. Saudi Arabia had NO colonial experience..

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Anywhere you had colonialism in the Arab world you had a rise in nationalism.. Saudi Arabia had NO colonial experience..

I did not say all of the Arab world was a western colony, but tribalism defined Saudi Arabia, and the boundaries drawn by Western colonial powers greatly influenced Saudi Arabia and the other Middle East Islamic Countries carving the Middle East based on Western colonial interests.

Tribalism remains the major dividing influence in the Middle East, and in Islam.The rise of Arab Nationalism and revolt against the Ottoman Empire is based on the tribal differences in the Islamic world.

In response to the wording of the thread author and opening post. Islam will remain 'asleep' as long as it clings to its ancient tribal cultural paradigm that dominates Islam.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well... I mean... Israel...

Muslims have taken control of 98% of the Middle East. Non-Muslim groups like the Kurds, the Yazidis, the Coptics and so on have all had their land stolen by Muslims.

So, should we take a look at the entire ME and redraw all the lines and give Jews an historical homeland, and one for the Kurds, and one for the Yazidis and one for the Coptics and so on? Works for me, but clearly Muslims would never consider such a thing.

Long story short, pointing to Israel is a poor argument.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
God bless you and may Muslims stop killing each other and the western states stop stealing their oil. May the oil and natural gas of the middle east fall to the hands of the people who will use it most wisely. May this be done in Jesus name and by his blood. May Muslims stop getting so offended when a Christian states that God loves us so much that he became one of us and shared in our suffering and even died for us and was humiliated for us to show us how much he loved us, that every bit of suffering and humiliation and agony in this life is actually a share in Christ's Crucifixion and shall lead to a glorious resurrection.

God bless you, my Muslim neighbor...let go of all hate or anger...it isn't healthy....bless your enemies even that they will have a change of heart...also, I don't think anyone is stealing from you
Which country is having its oil stolen by which western state?

Earthtank

The West will always be going after oil anything that will help keep it in power. The reason Muslims are clashing with each other is mainly (not 100%) due to outside interference and politics driven to divide them. Yes, they also have their own issues but, until outside interference, things never got as bad as they are today. Until the spineless arab leaders and puppets stop fearing losing their power due to pressure mainly, from the US and Israel, things will continue as they are. Actually, they will only worsen. Look at Saudi Arabia for example, that country literally has everything it needs to be the super power of that region except, the spine and guts needed to stand up to the US (Israel's slave). If all the Arab countries in the Middle East united, they can be their own super power and the world would eventually turn to them however, they need a spine and stop fearing the west, which wont be happening anytime soon.

Earthtank

Long story short, pointing to Israel is a poor argument.

You clearly have NO idea what is going on in this world if you truly think that statement holds any weight. All you have to do is look at the middle east before the illegal Israeli occupation and after. Please show me how the middle east became better when those Zionist terrorist got there