• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people in the UK so racist?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes they should. But without inflation running riot that cannot happen.

Edit : and tax rises to pay the NHS workers a living wage

And council tax rises to pay council labourers a living wage
Very similar to what is going on here. For some reason I do not think that I want to pick strawberries for a living.

agzhs.jpg

Cooky

Veteran Member
We used to have almond pickers too... Not anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Human nature, racism is a part of the darker side of humanity through out modern history. It is a product of ancient tribalism.

I lived in China for nine years and I was repeatedly told that Chinese were not racist, but after a few years I found out indeed they were as racist as every other race, ethnicity, or culture. Racism is endemic with humanity, but not necessary. To reject the tribalism of ancient religions, races and tribes, and embrace the oneness of humanity is a big step to end it.

Last edited:

leov

Do you guys get Slovaks migrating there?

My dad's a pure Slovak, though his parents and great grandparents were all born in America. I'd consider Slovakia central European an definitely not baltic.
i have 2 Slovak friends, one, Jan , from Bratislava years ago when being in university , another one now in San Francisco...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No...because I totally agree with @Landon Caeli on what makes us Europeans.

But I prefer not to say it openly;)
Your point was a mayor with a foreign name you wrongly assumed wasn't born in the UK, and it turns out he was born where he governs. In surprised that doesn't tickle your nationalist funny bone. But then again, he's not Anglo Saxon, so I'm not to surprised.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm not sure the UK is especially racist now, although Brexit and terrorism/ME wars seems to have stirred up a lot. When I was a youth, racism against blacks (often Jamaica and Africa) and/or Asians (India and Pakistan) was more prevalent. I think the attitudes of most have changed over the decades but there will always be a minority who will make sure their prejudices are passed on. Have a look at so many other countries where racism is just as much or worse, but often for different reasons.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Your point was a mayor with a foreign name you wrongly assumed wasn't born in the UK, and it turns out he was born where he governs. In surprised that doesn't tickle your nationalist funny bone. But then again, he's not Anglo Saxon, so I'm not to surprised.

Not all Europeans are Anglo saxons, which is the point of the thread... There are some Slavs in Europe, who are mostly abused and treated badly in the UK by the Anglo saxons, who are racists against non anglo saxons.

...But they shouldn't be. Because white is white. We're all Europeans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
But I would be treated worse than an Arab in the UK, because I have a Slavic last name, even though my ancestors are from Scotland.

HonestJoe

From my experience, people in the UK hate Central and Eastern Europeans in the most xenophobic way. God forbid someone be from Bosnia, Serbia or Romania.

...But hey, if you're brown, or Arab, or Muslim, they'll worship the ground you walk on.
Was the irony of your thread title intentional?

Evidence of racism against Eastern Europeans in the UK doesn't mean racism against other groups has magically stopped happening and none of it means people in the UK are somehow fundamentally racist. This isn't a national issue, it's a human one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not all Europeans are Anglo saxons, which is the point of the thread...
Estro is a nationalist. Hence, the assumption of hers that London has a mayor not born there.
And, yes, I know not all Europeans are Anglo-Saxon as my family is not. England just happens to be of a larger concentration and historically the super massive majority even over other whites.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Not all Europeans are Anglo saxons, which is the point of the thread... There are some Slavs in Europe, who are mostly abused and treated badly in the UK by the Anglo saxons, who are racists against non anglo saxons.

...But they shouldn't be. Because white is white. We're all Europeans.
So it's okay to mistreat non-whites in Europe then? Just wanting some clarification of your thoughts.

"White" is some American racial caste nonsense. Europeans know they are not the same and find the American idea that they're all some interchangeable arbitrary "white" pseudo-ethnicity stupid, by and by large.

Cooky

Veteran Member
A problem here is "white" is subjective. For some "white" is France, UK, Ireland, Germany and the Scandinavian nations. For you it seems to be all Europeans.

Yes, white is subjective. To me, it means European.