• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people in the UK so racist?

Shad

Veteran Member
Yes, white is subjective. To me, it means European.

So what about decedents of Muslims from Africa and Asia Minor such as those in the Balkans and Spain? What about those in Hungry which are decedents of Magyars which are from Asia? Point being all those groups came from outside of Europe at some point. Are their decedents still European?

But I would be treated worse than an Arab in the UK, because I have a Slavic last name, even though my ancestors are from Scotland.

People might take the **** out of you for being a Yank, especially if you are usually as gullible as you are being here. It is the stereotype after all :D

Having a Slavic last name would likely cause you zero problems whatsoever.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
There are trillions of poundsdollars/euros in 1st world economies. There is no excuse for this level of real wage stagnation.

I'm an employer.

I can give you a couple dozen "excuses" for why I can't pay my employees more money.

One of them is that money doesn't grow on trees. :)

If tomorrow the authorities force me to raise wages while not also for example reducing the taxes I need to pay on those wages to level things out, then the day after tomorrow I can start firing people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm an employer.

I can give you a couple dozen "excuses" for why I can't pay my employees more money.

One of them is that money doesn't grow on trees. :)

If tomorrow the authorities force me to raise wages while not also for example reducing the taxes I need to pay on those wages to level things out, then the day after tomorrow I can start firing people.
The other possibility is to raise prices, since other businesses
are facing the same increase in operating cost. I faced that
recently when Michiganistan threatened a sales tax on storage
units rent.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The other possibility is to raise prices, since other businesses
are facing the same increase in operating cost. I faced that
recently when Michiganistan threatened a sales tax on storage
units rent.
Then the increase in wages is nullified.

I don't have the answers, but it seems crystal clear that there are no easy answers. And simplistic one-sentence half slogans like "wages should go up" aren't very helpfull.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I disagree,I think the further east you go in Europe it really is racist and homophobic,I think the problem with free movement in Europe has raised concerns here but I wouldn't call it racism but a genuine concern that free movement means mostly to here,on a small country like ours this impacts housing schools and the health service.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Muslims are the most hated group in the UK by a country mile.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Muslims are the most hated group in the UK by a country mile.

I'm not sure that is entirely true. Perhaps they are the most under suspicion and perceived as being threatening all because of current situations in various countries and because terrorism is largely associated with Muslims for obvious reasons. Many will still regard the average Muslim much like any other though, knowing they are extremely unlikely to pose a threat to anyone.