• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people in the UK so racist?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We're mostly tired of mass migration from Eastern Europe.

Some are, however, without that imigration the NHS would be further on its knees than the conservative government have already driven it and fresh food would be lying in the ground unpicked. Councils would be even shorter staffed in the lower pay jobs.

Brits wont work for the money these immigrants earn

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's because many live 10 to a house and don't expect what Brits do as a standard of living. Lots and lots of Balts in my local town do this. Brits won't work for that as it doesn't pay enough for 1 person to live on.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's because many live 10 to a house and don't expect what Brits do as a standard of living. Lots and lots of Balts in my local town do this. Brits won't work for that as it doesn't pay enough for 1 person to live on.

And so the work wouldn't be done. Cost of living rises, hospital waiting times get even longer.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wages should rise.

Yes they should. But without inflation running riot that cannot happen.

Edit : and tax rises to pay the NHS workers a living wage

And council tax rises to pay council labourers a living wage

Cooky

Veteran Member
We're mostly tired of mass migration from Eastern Europe.

Do you guys get Slovaks migrating there?

My dad's a pure Slovak, though his parents and great grandparents were all born in America. I'd consider Slovakia central European an definitely not baltic.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you guys get Slovaks migrating there?

My dad's a pure Slovak, though his parents and great grandparents were all born in America. I'd consider Slovakia central European an definitely not baltic.
Not very many. Mostly Poles, Russians, Balts and Romanians.

Cooky

Veteran Member
There used to be a lot of racism against Poles in the United States. Many of them left, and went back to Poland.

...I remember the polish jokes, and I've even been called a dumb Pollock (I'm not polish).. I think that's going too far.

Yet, making jokes about Muslims is taboo, and gets you in big trouble as an Islamophobe. Why is that?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Some are, however, without that imigration the NHS would be further on its knees than the conservative government have already driven it and fresh food would be lying in the ground unpicked. Councils would be even shorter staffed in the lower pay jobs.

Common problem in other so-called "first world" nations. Without immigrants, fruit and vegetables in the US and Canada would go unpicked, offices would never be cleaned, etc.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Common problem in other so-called "first world" nations. Without immigrants, fruit and vegetables in the US and Canada would go unpicked, offices would never be cleaned, etc.

I disagree with the term "1st world" also. I consider it "our world", and everyone else just happens to be living in it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Conservatives are racist and Labor is antisemitic. So I agree with the OP.