• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are majority of Arabs, Anti-america

kai

ragamuffin
:slap:

I don't think that what not4me was referring to. It's not about friendship. No one can choose whom to love or whom to be friend with. It's true that you are forced to have *certain siblings* but no body can impose on you *certain friendships*.

Now here i don't say that we are forced to love other Muslims, but all what i'm saying is that not4me post doesn't refer to friendship or brotherhood in humanity. She might be talking about brotherhood in Islam from a dogmatic point of view and within the context of defense in the case of attacks from others. I'm required to aid and support my fellow Muslims when they are under attack and even when they attack others. Wait, don't be shocked, let me go on. :D

Prophet Mohammed said "in the meaning of the hadith": Aid your brother "Muslim" whether he is prejudicing others or being prejudicing against. Someone asked prophet Mohammed, O Prophet of Allah, we do understand how we would aid our brothers and sisters when they are being attacked or being prejudiced against, but how can we support them when they are the aggressors? Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" answered, by preventing him from doing the aggression, you are helping him and aiding him. I don't know how you think of such a statement, but i personally believe one of the most wise and birilliant statements i have ever read which comes in a very simple, but yet so powerful to the mind of simple people at that time in Arabia, and becomes an example to the generations to come. He knew the psychology of some simple people and their emotions, and he showed them how to *aid* their fellows when they do mistakes, by *preventing* them from doing it. You see, we see it as a duty to apply this general ruling, but i'm of course aware that many Muslims forget about the second part in the Prophet statement when they are under a great preasure and in unbearable psychological condition.

That's the concept of brotherhood in Islam. We don't clap for Muslims when they are the aggressors but in the name of brotherhood we go against them and we prevent them from doing these things.
Kai know this but he purposely tried to misled not4me so others would interpret her statement as if she were supporting evil Muslims as well in what they do.
I hope that you won't fall for some unexplained de facto slogans by Muslims because they mean more than what they appear to be.

Friendship and brotherhood are mutual, my friend, and i really respect and appreciate them. :)

I hope you got now the more comprehensive meaning of what brotherhood in Islam mean.

I object!

where did you get that from?

Last edited:

Sahar

not4me, what about the perspective that all human beings are brothers and sisters? I happen to think that what happens to a human being--Muslim or otherwise--thousands of kilometers away should be everyone's concern.

I know this must sound strange, but....to be honest, it's a little hurtful....to think that no amount of solidarity or friendship on my part would ever earn me the concern you automatically extend to strangers all across the world, simply because I am not Muslim. Personally...and this may not always come across from my posts....but I feel a deep sense of camaraderie with the people I regularly talk to on RF, including you and other Muslim posters...
Eric (right?), what I said was in response to kai's post and was about my definition of my identity. What defines my community? What's the boundary of my community in which we share together a common identity? Is what bonds me to the Palestinian person being Arab or being Muslim? It's being Muslim. And as you have seen the later posts went to Arab nationalism vs Islam/Islamism.

Of course we are all brothers in humanity and what happens thousands of kilometers away to anyone in any part of the world concerns me, this does not need much talk, it's beyond question. If I have seen a human being (Muslim or non-Muslim) is subjected to tyranny and I am able to remove this tyranny, it's my duty to do so Islamically speaking.
but you make it sound like Muslims have an exclusive friendship club, and I'm not welcome. Ouch.
:(
I believe Tashan's reply is sufficient. Friendship wasn't the subject. Most Muslims here are very open. It's my pleasure and my honor to have you as a friend.

Hey, I thought we are already friends, aren't we? :)

Last edited:

Makaveli

Homoioi
I would think it is a combination of factors, altogether too complicated to lay out in one post. However, I will list what I think to be some of the major factors which raises the ire of the Islamic world

1. Our support of Israel: We give something akin to $3 billion a year in aid to Israel, whether it be munitions or cold, hard cash. Israel is seen as residing on Islamic land, and because Israel is hated by the Islamic hordes, we are guilty by association.
2. Our liberal democracy: Liberty is anathema to a religion and a region mired in the 7th century. Every Middle Eastern "democracy" outside of Israel is tainted by corruption and totalitarianism.
3. Our intervention in their affairs: They dislike taking their own medicine, when we bring our values to them on the edge of a sword.
4. Our loose morals: Casual dating, skimpy clothing, and women's rights are all Western developments generally accepted in America, and effectively outlawed in the Islamic world.

In a nutshell, these are the factors I believe to play a part in the animosity the Islamic world harbors towards America.

sindbad5

About the OP's questions:
For the most part, however, Arabs have still a fairly tribal mentality - Islam itself reinforces such a perspective, in fact. It is difficult for them to trust a "foreign power".
Islam as i know, don't reinforce or encourage tribal mentality,
in fact, islam come to fight blind fanaticism to tribe, race, or religion.

in quran: "O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqûn (pious - see V.2:2). Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware."

the prophet Mohamed says that no credit for arabs over any non-arabs and vice versa except by fearing allah (god).

despite that i'll give you a frubal because of realistic answer on a shallow question like "why they hate us ?"

sindbad5

No. If someone doesn't care for America that's all well and good. They don't have to care for my country. They don't want us in their part of the world and, frankly, I don't want us in their part of the world. It may not be the most PC globalist way of thinking but there it is.

relations between arabs and americans are so complicated that you can find americans live and work everyplace in arabic countries, i can say there are so many american cars running on the streets of gulf countries more than that the ones running on the streets of Chicago.

in contrast of that, sadly, you can find american soldiers and mercinaries killing another arabs in iraq or covering killing another group of arabs in palestine.

the key issue here is that do americans really care about mimimizing the faces of conflict and increasing the mutual interests?
do americans ready to give just 10% of attention to arabs demands, instead of giving the whole 100% of attention to what zionists say regarding the mideast problems?

sindbad5

In fact, American intelligence experts and scholars have been listening to Arabs in general and extremists in particular. Their findings seem to agree with what Arab posters have already said:

WoW Mr Spinkles, there are people in america that put there hands on the roots of the problems ? i was thinking americans really belive Bush when he said "they hate us, because of our freedom and way of life "

if the thing like that, why not decision makers read and act like these deep studies say ?
how and who exactly affect the american policies in the mideast? do the lobbies and israel friends have such enormous power to destort the great power policies into catastrophies in opposite to american and arabs interests?

i mean, if that's what specialized people understand, why we see such policies in mideast like that?

sinbad5 I wish I knew the answers to your questions. I think 9/11 had a lot to do with it. I was 16 years old when that happened....for me and many others there could be no other explanation: some people just hated our guts for no reason.

All I can say is that a lot of Americans like myself voted for Obama because we hoped he would have more realistic, fact-based policies and be more cooperative with the rest of the world. The stupid, ignorant, intolerant right-wing tried to spread fear and hatred because his middle name is Hussein and his father was Muslim, and he went to a Muslim school, and he was an Arab and he had "associations" with "terrorists" like Edward Said (!).....I'm relieved that Americans overwhelmingly rejected all that nonsense.

kai

ragamuffin
the overwhelmin fact the Obama has to deal with when considering Americas relationship with the Arab states is the right of Israel to exist.

What is the point of considering any long term peace talks with Arab states and Israel if the Arab states are not prepared to recognise Israels right to exist. its the underlying factor in the on going war since the formation of Israel.

How can you possibly see any improvement in US Arab relations when Arab states support and maintain the view that Israel shouldnt be there at all and that "Palestine means Palestine in its entirety - from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River, from Ras Al-Naqura to Rafah.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
"Capitulate" is such a loaded world. And more than a bit ironic, considering that it was the USA who invaded Iraq and Afeganisthan in the last few years. Not to mention Guantanamo and many other lesser ofences. When was the last time that anyone used military might against the USA? Terrorism, serious and deplorable as it is, is the poor man's substitute for warfare. And warfare is something that the USA have been way too eager to commit.

If anyone can complain about others wanting them to "capitulate", it is hardly the USA.

It is far more accurate to say that the USA's influence unavoidably brings with itself a corresponding amount of duty.

Excuse me, but just how is that supposed to breed sympathy for the USA? Most of the countries that are better in those regards - say, the Scandinavian ones - hardly ever demand anything from the USA already.

Besides, I have more than a slight hunch that a less insane military budget might go a long way towards improving your economy.

No, it does not sound harsh at all. But then again, I don't think that is even the subject at hand.

Actually, I think you would be surprised by how much support you have in this regard. Hardly anyone wants american soldiers to operate in one's own country.

Uh, sorry, but I must say that such a statement is somewhat delusional.

I'm afraid not, although I gather that you are sincere.

I'm sorry you seem to have such a difficult time in dealing with people who hold differing opinions. Tell ya what, you work on being the best person you can be and work on making a strong Brazil. And I will work on being the best person I can be and making America strong. :clap

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
relations between arabs and americans are so complicated that you can find americans live and work everyplace in arabic countries, i can say there are so many american cars running on the streets of gulf countries more than that the ones running on the streets of Chicago.

in contrast of that, sadly, you can find american soldiers and mercinaries killing another arabs in iraq or covering killing another group of arabs in palestine.

the key issue here is that do americans really care about mimimizing the faces of conflict and increasing the mutual interests?
do americans ready to give just 10% of attention to arabs demands, instead of giving the whole 100% of attention to what zionists say regarding the mideast problems?

It truly saddens me that there seems to be this disease infecting so much of a religion that their hatred of another is greater than their love for Allah.

Alceste

Vagabond
Just one of hundreds of verses in the Quran about killing people who disagree:

..fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you...and kill them wherever you find them (2:191)

And one from the talmud: As it reads [Ex. xv. 3.]: "The Eternal is the lord of war."

Alceste

Vagabond
How can you possibly see any improvement in US Arab relations when Arab states support and maintain the view that Israel shouldnt be there at all and that "Palestine means Palestine in its entirety - from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River, from Ras Al-Naqura to Rafah.

Yeah! And furthermore, why should I wash any of the dishes when I haven't got a metal scrubby for the grill?