• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are Christians Slaughtered Around The World

Mr. Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by avarose
Christians are not the only ones getting slaughtered in the world. It's happening everywhere and its only getting worse!

Totally in agreement with you. Especiallly in the UK, kids as young as 13 are killing.

The Bible speaks on this as well:

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2 Timothy 3
29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1

The Bible speaks on this as well:

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2 Timothy 3
29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1

What am i to see here? I do not see the relevance.

Mr. Peanut

Thats an original hindu thought, as tiem goes, we get worse. They are hte 4 yugs.

Sat Yug (good)
Treta Yug (not bad)
Dwarpa Yug (bad)
Kali Yug (Current age, VERY BAD)
Lines up with my beliefs. I believe there will be a new age as well, in which things will go back to being very good.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Roli said:
When I say, "Christian" ,I don't mean the religious people throughout the years associated by mainstream denominations ,culture or tradition, I mean those who have been spiritually born again and have been tranformed by the power of the Holy Spirit

Anyone without the spirit is not his,are not christians, they are not part of God's family, that is another thread " Who Really Is A Christian"

What are we supposed to do if we do not believe in the Holy Spirit?

Roli said:
It seems that there has always been alot of attack on Christians and the whole Christian theme, be it doctrine, churches, bibles, Christmas , missions work,anything associated with Christianity

Why do Christians attack anything associated with gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people?

Somkid

Perhaps some of it is pay back for the inquisition and the crusades or toiling in other cultures affairs no matter it is not limited to Christians people of all religions are slaughtered every day and no one has interest unless it effects them directly primar

tomspug

Absorbant
No, really, there are thousands of Christians that are killed every day in the Middle-East and Eastern Asia, especially in atheist Communist countries like China. If you don't believe me, then look it up.

What's amazing is how blind the world is in general to just how much energy there is in the world trying to crush Christianity where it is flourishing the best (which is not Europe and America). Christianity is actually more persecuted and hated than any religion that has ever existed. There are entire organizations completely devoted JUST to sending aid to the persecuted church all over the world. The first one that comes to mind is The Voice of the Martyrs.

I'm surprised that so few people know about this, but not really surprised at all at the same time. Our secular culture cares so little about deaths that don't directly affect us, like the massive slaughter of those monks earlier this year in Thailand. Everyone is so interested in 'intellect' and 'social progress' that these aren't exactly our greatest concerns. McDonalds and microchips are more valued than human life. It's sad!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
No, really, there are thousands of Christians that are killed every day in the Middle-East and Eastern Asia, especially in atheist Communist countries like China. If you don't believe me, then look it up.

I'm finding more information on the persecution of Bahai's in Iran and of practitioners of Falun Gong in China.........much more than Christians.

What's amazing is how blind the world is in general to just how much energy there is in the world trying to crush Christianity where it is flourishing the best (which is not Europe and America). Christianity is actually more persecuted and hated than any religion that has ever existed. There are entire organizations completely devoted JUST to sending aid to the persecuted church all over the world. The first one that comes to mind is The Voice of the Martyrs.

While I abhor persecution of Christians, I disagree with the notion that Christianity has been the most persecuted and hated religion that has ever existed. I would place the Jews at the top of this list more so than any other religion or religious followers, not that they'd be honored to have such recognition.

I'm surprised that so few people know about this, but not really surprised at all at the same time. Our secular culture cares so little about deaths that don't directly affect us, like the massive slaughter of those monks earlier this year in Thailand. Everyone is so interested in 'intellect' and 'social progress' that these aren't exactly our greatest concerns. McDonalds and microchips are more valued than human life. It's sad!

I completely agree.

Yet to continue to try throwing a wrench in your argument, I always find it rather odd that some of those who follow the largest religion in the entire world with over 2 billion adherents seem to think (or wish?) themselves as the most persecuted over any religion.

How do you figure this, tom? Is 2 billion just not good enough?

Peace,
Mystic

Its amazing tom, to hte pain and suffering hindus have felt throughout time and life. Its called Karma, what goes around comes around. What goes up must come down.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress

I'm not disgreeing with ya, but I was taught that China's primary religion is a combination of Confucionism, Buddhism, and Douism (-sp). I don't know what would be called and whether or not it would be athiesm, but I know it does not condone killing Christians. And I know that communism is bad, but I never knew it to = athiesm. The people in China that kill Christians are just crappy people like elsewhere. It might have something to do with them having strong communist beliefs, but probably not athiest.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm not disgreeing with ya, but I was taught that China's primary religion is a combination of Confucionism, Buddhism, and Douism (-sp). I don't know what would be called and whether or not it would be athiesm, but I know it does not condone killing Christians. And I know that communism is bad, but I never knew it to = athiesm. The people in China that kill Christians are just crappy people like elsewhere. It might have something to do with them having strong communist beliefs, but probably not athiest.

The People's Republic of China (PRC) is notorious for it's "Cultural Revolution." And it isn't just Christians that are targeted, but Muslims and Buddhists.

To the OP's credit, there are persecutions around the world of Christians, but I personally believe the plight is exaggerated in order to increase funding to evangelical missionary organizations in other nations where Christianity is not the norm. Do a quick search through human rights organizations, and Christian persecution is not listed as a major issue even though they are listed. Look at Amnesty International, the U.N. site, Human Rights Watch, etc., etc., etc., and see what we come up with. What I see are that most places where persecution against Christians exist also harbor persecution against other religious/ethnic/tribal groups. I don't see where Christians corner the market on being violated against overall compared to other religions.

Unless there is a global conspiracy against Christians. :rolleyes:

Peace,
Mystic

Mike182

Flaming Queer
personally, i don't see why Christianity needs to come into this discussion at all. why is anyone killed or persecuted around the world? it's all criminal.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thats an original hindu thought, as tiem goes, we get worse. They are hte 4 yugs.

Sat Yug (good)
Treta Yug (not bad)
Dwarpa Yug (bad)
Kali Yug (Current age, VERY BAD)

But we CAN not resign to this...

Do not be defeated..Its too dangerous to joining into it...

The world seems bad but we are not...

Be good.......

And IM A PESSIMIST BY NATURE!!!!!

Not turn a blind eye...But the worse it gets the better you be!!!!

There is love still....I see it...It has to start from within you though...

Then you recognize it in others...

And you are grateful.....

Becaue you are not spoiled..

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
personally, i don't see why Christianity needs to come into this discussion at all. why is anyone killed or persecuted around the world? it's all criminal.

Not to intrude..But I think the OP wanted to adress it specifically in this discussion..
But agree with the rest of your answer..

Blessings

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
I really have tried to look it up, but I cant find any data that show anything at all like that. Maybe you can point some out?

Our secular culture cares so little about deaths that don't directly affect us, like the massive slaughter of those monks earlier this year in Thailand. Everyone is so interested in 'intellect' and 'social progress' that these aren't exactly our greatest concerns. McDonalds and microchips are more valued than human life. It's sad!
I strongly disagree that this attitude can be ascribed to secularism.

For one thing, Communist totalitarianism is notable for its religious characteristics -- its irrational ideology, its cults of personality, even its rituals and "feast days." It demonstrates a disregard for reason as profound as any religion does.

For another, we don't see that religious people are less likely to engage in slaughter of their fellow man. The slaughter of 700,000 Orthodox Serbs in the 1940s was carried out by Roman Catholics with the direct involvement of Catholic clergy, and a half century later, Orthodox Serbs had no problem slaughtering Muslims.

The genocidal campaigns against the Assyrians, Armenians and Pontian Greeks were carried out by Muslims, and Hitler could never have carried out the murders of about six million Jews, hundreds of thousands of Roma, and thousands of gay men and Jehovah's Witnesses without the active participation of countless good Protestants and Catholics.

The problem isn't secularism, but our tendency to divide ourselves into "us" and "them." "They" are dangerous and dispensable. Nationalism is one way we distinguish between "us" and "them"; race is another, and there are others, too. Religion is doubly encouraging of this tendency, both in being one of the ways we divide ourselves and in its unfortunate tendency to serve the interests of nationalism, racism, sexism, heterosexism, and numerous other forms of bigotry.

As long as people continue to divide themselves into groups, and to think that God or righteousness or justice must favor one group over the others, we'll continue to slaughter each other. It will never change until we stop imagining that there are fundamental differences between the Saved and the Lost, the Elect and the Damned, the Chosen People and the Gentiles, the House of Islam and the House of War, the Bourgeoisie and the Proletariat, Male and Female, Straight and Gay, Black and White, Native and Alien, Clergy and Laity.

Any religion or ideology that fosters these divisions is part of the problem.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Not to intrude..But I think the OP wanted to adress it specifically in this discussion..
But agree with the rest of your answer..

Blessings

Dallas

why are Christians persecuted?
same reasons why gays, Hindus, Shiks, Jains, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, and every other group is persecuted. and Christians are involved in the persecution of some of those groups.

so which group can take the moral high ground? non. so where do we go from there? we stop looking at victims of persecution as being part of x group or y group, and just look at them as people. like i said, i don't see any reason for religion to play any part in looking at who is persecuted, otherwise it just becomes a ******* contest of who is most persecuted. no offense to anyone here, but this ******* contest can already be seen.

Mike182

Flaming Queer

just to clarify this post - i said Christianity, but i mean any religion or any box of classifying people beyond simply being "people". someone gave me a frubal comment and i think they missed the point of what i was saying. ;)

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
So thousands of Christians are being killed everyday???

Where???

Or are you including disrimentation(persecution) in that #???

Because honestly??....I cant think of anywhere right now where thousands of any one religeous group is being "killed" every single day...

Blessings

Dallas
Hey, did you know that there are other ways to end a sentence other than two to three question marks? Just kidding with you.

I think that an accurate explanation was given. Between India, China, North Korea, Islamic nations and all communist nations, I think that there is close to that number killed OR persecuted each day. Why is that so hard to believe? Why don't you want to believe it? As far as the last post with all of those questions about other premature deaths, I think there is a big difference between those who die of disease or are murdered for no reason, and those who are specificallt targetted because of their religious creed, don't you? That post seemed a little naive to me.