• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are Christians Slaughtered Around The World

Popeyesays

Christianity would be nothing if they didnt have Christians. So no gospel can ever tell us its a peaceful religion with the Christian history.

Hinduism has a violent history as well, you know. It surely is not the fault of God, is it?

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

You might be surprised to know that I read the Gospels almost daily. It's striking how little of the message of Jesus the Christian clergy have taken to heart, though. If Christians behaved as Jesus taught his followers to behave, we'd have a very different Christianity.

Absolutely true.

Regards,
Scott

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
It is the bigotry of people who are unable to distinguish these brilliant ideas from cruel, judgmental, and irrational ideas that are also present in their religion. There are grand concepts, as you have already mentioned, present in Christianity such as feeding and assisting the poor, loving and caring for others. Yet there are sad and unjustifiable ones within Christianity too, e.g. endorsement of slavery, discrimination upon homosexuals, rape, and sexism.
Just because people claim to be christians makes them no more a Christ follower than it makes me a mechanic because I work on my own or others cars, talk the talk and act the part.
Look at Jesus and look at those who do such things and tell me if you see a difference

Those who insist on literally interpreting and following every word of the Bible, even the outdated and nonsensical ones, are the ones who inspire the hatred in others towards in Christianity.
Jesus said that this would happen, he says "they persecuted me they will persecuted you"
The word of God may not mean much to you ,but the power of his word to transform man's lives is beyond what those on the outside can comprehend and or expereince
Man have been trying to make the word of God of no effect for centuries to no avail

He also says: Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Christianity is not as plainly good and loving as you state it to be, but, with a keen eye and intellect used while interpreting the Bible, it has all the potential
Again ,that depends on who you called Christian,Jesus speaks of that ,false prophets,liars, imposters, and also says: "many on that day will say, I did this or that and he turns and says to them , depart from me into eternal punishment , i never knew you"

The body of Christ is perfect and all those who walk in the spirit of God, in holiness and righteousness, the question is, who is born of God and who is not , and who thinks he is, but acts contrary to what Christ teaches.

Popeyesays

Yes, but hindus dont go around the world blowing people up.

Senind missionaires and converting people who have so sense of religion, does it now?

Sending missionaries is a practice that comes from clergy dominated religions. There are many such, not just Christianity.

Christians do die in strange places because of their faith. So do the occasional muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jew, etc. . . . .

Baha`i's have no clergy at all and find themselves persecuted and killed in many places around the world.

The "mob" is a human phenomenon, it can be created by many different emotions, one of which is religious fervor.

It's an evil phenomenon no matter who the perpetrators or victims may be.

Regards,
Scott

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I don't know a single Christian who endorses slavery, discrimination of homosexuals, rape or sexism.
The scriptures support all four things aplenty. And if you have never met a Christian who is sexist or who thinks that homosexuality is wrong, then you have not met very many Christians. Or you are simply lying on behalf of your religion.

Support of slavery exists in the Bible very much so, and it is even condoned by Jesus himself:

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Ephesians 6:5;;

Even in the past, before the Civil Rights Movement, people would often use the Bible to justify slavery, and it still exists today within extremely racist organizations such as the Klu Klux Klan.

Rape is also readily apparent in the Bible, as it even supported by Moses:

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Numbers 31:7-18;

There are obvious reasons for these things in the Bible, for it was created in barbaric times, but some people still fail to look past these outdated scriptures.
Christians live by the new covenant, not the old testament.
The Old Testament is still used very much so in Christianity. Are you going to deny the accounts of the Old Testament, such as Genesis?

Do not act as if Christians completely disregard it; it is still a large portion of your holy text.

Sending missionaries is a practice that comes from clergy dominated religions. There are many such, not just Christianity.

Christians do die in strange places because of their faith. So do the occasional muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jew, etc. . . . .

Baha`i's have no clergy at all and find themselves persecuted and killed in many places around the world.

The "mob" is a human phenomenon, it can be created by many different emotions, one of which is religious fervor.

It's an evil phenomenon no matter who the perpetrators or victims may be.

Regards,
Scott

Hindus can be killed n the west, because people ccannnot tell the difference between a muslim and a hindu.