• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why a lonely atheist with a worst life quality fears death so much?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
on a side note....
What was the last thing on the bugs mind when it hit the windshield?
It's ***.

Your post brought that to mind.
Hehe. That is precisely how I follow my previous comment in real life discussions on this. It usually gets a few chuckles.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Believers have an edge "fear not, I go before you".
... yet they fear anyway. And the believers who remain grieve the dead.

And both have to try to reconcile what's happened with their belief in a supposedly loving god.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So this atheist has nothing in life to worth living for..
So Why He/She fears death so much?

Is the inner mind of atheists telling them to fear the results of their bad deed that they have committed during their lives?!!

What atheist you talking about?

Personally I have plenty to live for and I've always thought death would be kind of peaceful.

Rational Agnostic

Is the inner mind of atheists telling them to fear the results of their bad deed that they have committed during their lives?!!

Most atheists don't fear death that much, so your premise is false. Also, atheists have plenty of things to live for. They have loved ones, careers, and hobbies just like yourself.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

I don"t know you, but I still have to meet a "saved" Christian that jumps and sings after the doctor told him that he has terminal cancer. Apparently, this valley of tears is more attractive than meeting Jesus. I am not sure the same applies under the prospect of meeting 72 virgins, though.

So, it is logical to conclude that people, in general, do not want to die. I suspect that biological instinct of survival plays a role in that.

Don't you think?

Ciao

- viole

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles

An atheist fears death because they don't know what will happen when they die. If nothing happens, well that's fine. If something good happens, cool. If something bad happens, then that... hurts. It's the fear of the unknown shown in most human minds.

Underhill

In my experience with hospice I think everyone fears death. There are those who approach it with courage, but I've never seen a person who was particularly happy or who wasn't nervous about the prospect.

Underhill

An atheist fears death because they don't know what will happen when they die. If nothing happens, well that's fine. If something good happens, cool. If something bad happens, then that... hurts. It's the fear of the unknown shown in most human minds.

Anyone who claims they know what will happen when they die is either delusional or lying. You may think you know, have all the faith in the world, but nobody knows unequivocally.

Atheist are pretty sure nothing happens when they die. Why would they be any more fearful than those who are pretty sure their religion is the right one?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

It's finality itself that people fear. The end of being.

QuestioningMind

Are you saying that you are an atheist who has nothing in life worth living for?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Of course athiests don't have the same feelings as other humans.

What deeds do you mean?

Murad

Which atheist?
What bad deeds?

Anyway, even the most miserable humans still have that fundamental drive to live.
Fearing death makes sense for us heathens who don't believe in the afterlife.
But I wonder about believers who know that Heaven awaits them....why fear a death which is better than life?
I think because on of two thing; first, he is aspectual he doesn't know if
Which atheist?
What bad deeds?

Anyway, even the most miserable humans still have that fundamental drive to live.
Fearing death makes sense for us heathens who don't believe in the afterlife.
But I wonder about believers who know that Heaven awaits them....why fear a death which is better than life?
I think everyone fears death. Even if he believe in afterlife, does he guarantee that he will be in heaven?

Murad

Weak argument, wrong conclusion.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
death isn't a fearful thing. either way.

It's natural.

my insides tell me it's not final though.

but I lived both scenarios.

I find it tragic the naturalist way, and joyful the faith way. but never fearful.

That's childish