• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's getting the shot?

Are you getting the shot?

• Yes I will - Pfizer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Yes I will - Moderna

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Already got it - Pfizer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Already got it - Moderna

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Yes I will - I don't know or care about which one

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah it is personally nice for us rational people to get vaccinated earlier, but the trouble is if we get too many refuseniks we won't reach herd immunity and that will mean none of us can get back to normal life.

And how will we know who got the vaccine and who didn’t? “Paperz, vee vant to zee your paperz”. How will we know if the vaccine is effective or herd immunity is actually developing? If I’m afraid of ghosts and I keep a light on, how do I know I don’t see a ghost because the light is on or because ghosts don’t exist?

Cooky

Veteran Member
And how will we know who got the vaccine and who didn’t? “Paperz, vee vant to zee your paperz”. How will we know if the vaccine is effective or herd immunity is actually developing? If I’m afraid of ghosts and I keep a light on, how do I know I don’t see a ghost because the light is on or because ghosts don’t exist?

It's all good... No worries, man. It'll be fine, trust me. :)

...Would a guy with a smile like that ever lie?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It's all good... No worries, man. It'll be fine, trust me. :)

...Would a guy with a smile like that ever lie?

All kidding aside that doesn’t answer my questions. What do I see in all this... everyone gets the vaccine, the masks come off, we get our jobs back ... ? Wishful thinking.

Cooky

Veteran Member
All kidding aside that doesn’t answer my questions. What do I see in all this... everyone gets the vaccine, the masks come off, we get our jobs back ... ? Wishful thinking.

Yeah. :cool:

When I get my shots the mask is coming off. And if anyone tries to stop me, there's going to be problems.

...They're going to take my word for it, and that's all there is to it.

...And if some fruit-loop tries to tell me otherwise, they're going to get an ear-full.

...Because once I get the shot, I will be the first to rebel against all these draconian measures with force.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
When I get my shots the mask is coming off. And if anyone tries to stop me, there's going to be problems.
According to the current authorities you will have to keep it on and keep social distancing.

Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC

"Yes. Not enough information is currently available to say if or when CDC will stop recommending that people wear masks and avoid close contact with others to help prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide in real-world conditions before making that decision. Other factors, including how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities, will also affect this decision. We also don’t yet know whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to other people, even if you don’t get sick yourself. CDC will continue to update this page as we learn more.

While experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions, it will be important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic."

Cooky

Veteran Member
According to the current authorities you will have to keep it on and keep social distancing.

Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC

"Yes. Not enough information is currently available to say if or when CDC will stop recommending that people wear masks and avoid close contact with others to help prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide in real-world conditions before making that decision. Other factors, including how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities, will also affect this decision. We also don’t yet know whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to other people, even if you don’t get sick yourself. CDC will continue to update this page as we learn more.

While experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions, it will be important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic."

They're going to have serious problems with people like me... There's thousands just like me.

They can't stop us.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah. :cool:

...They're going to take my word for it, and that's all there is to it.

...And if some fruit-loop tries to tell me otherwise, they're going to get an ear-full.

...Because once I get the shot, I will be the first to rebel against all these draconian measures with force.
I'll be leaving mine on for awhile, just to avoid any hassles. I don't need stares. Same reason I don't wear my Hindu forehead marks out in public. Besides, it covers up my ugly face. But once it gets so nearly all of us are vaccinated, I'll take it off. It's not much of a hassle.

But I trust the vast majority of folks (we have over 98% compliance here now) who have yet to be vaccinated to continue wearing until they are vaccinated. It's irresponsible not to.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'll be leaving mine on for awhile, just to avoid any hassles. I don't need stares. Same reason I don't wear my Hindu forehead marks out in public. Besides, it covers up my ugly face. But once it gets so nearly all of us are vaccinated, I'll take it off. It's not much of a hassle.

But I trust the vast majority of folks (we have over 98% compliance here now) who have yet to be vaccinated to continue wearing until they are vaccinated. It's irresponsible not to.

I love hassles, and stares... I'll even have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Medically I don’t have to wear one. Legally I don’t have to even say anything other than “medical”. HIPAA prohibits it. Polycythemia vera causes me shortness of breath. I do wear it because I don’t need any Karens getting in my face, but also if it gives people warm fuzzies, fine. But I occasionally find a place away from others and lift it so I can breathe.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So let's kill this ****** ***** already.

...She gonna die!
I would like to be that optimistic

yeah....some things seem to be gone....polio and the like

but maybe you noiticed?
doctors are concerned the use of chemistry for eradication

some things become resistant

have you heard of the 'escape variant'?

Heyo

Veteran Member
How extensive were the trials?
Step 3 trials were with 40,000 participants for the BioNTech/Pfitzer vaccine. The others were with similar numbers.
Can you guarantee that I, or he, or they, or that person, that man, that child won’t have a negative reaction? You’re making sweeping pronouncements you can’t possibly know.
Nobody is saying that a specific person doesn't have a negative reaction. What "save" says in this context is, the risk of having a negative reaction (times the severity of that reaction) is less than the risk of getting the virus (times the severity of the illness).
Life is risky anyway. You could choke on a piece of food. With your logic, you should stop eating.

exchemist

Veteran Member
cc: @Jainarayan

What were your predictions?
My prediction from April 3rd failed on November 14th:
I was wrong
In mid October, in post 147 of this thread: John Macarthur opens church
when the US death toll was 220,000, I predicted that in course of the winter at least another 100,000 would die. The response, in post 148, was to accuse me of spreading misinformation and needlessly frightening people.

And here we are, halfway through the winter with already well over my number dead and the infection rate roaring ahead......

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I'm in the UK. I think a lot of people here are getting the Oxford vaccine.

Curious George

Veteran Member
This vaccine isn't like normal ones. I've never had issues with them in the past, but I hear it's quite common for folks to have issues with extra pain for days after the injection in regards to this one. There's also a strange occurrence where one gets flu like symptoms a week after the injection which seems pretty typical.

The lady who gave me my shot was actually a pro. She did a good job! I don't blame her for it. :)
My arm was sore for a couple days with the first shot, but it wasn't nearly as sore as when i have had tetanus shots.

I heard that the second shot is more likely to bring on flu-like symptoms. But haven't heard if the muscle gets more sore, less sore or the same sore from the second one.