• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's getting the shot?

Are you getting the shot?

• Yes I will - Pfizer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Yes I will - Moderna

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Already got it - Pfizer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Already got it - Moderna

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Yes I will - I don't know or care about which one

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Well, yesterday I went and got my covid shot. Today my arm hurts like hell. I don't go in for my second shot until a month from now, which sucks, but it is what it is.

What about you folks? Are you getting it? Did you already get it? What variety will you go for?

If you only have 1 of the 2 shots (like me) just count it as having gotten it, cause you've already got one foot in; the other is just a matter of time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I plan on it. I did not check any boxes because right now I do not know enough to have a preference. I heard once that one had to wait three months after testing positive to get it so I am thinking about March 1st.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Well, yesterday I went and got my covid shot. Today my arm hurts like hell.
How come it hurts like hell? Normally it does not hurt when I get shots. Only when the nurse is not good at it.
Now they need to shoot millions, probably there are shooters who are less capable of shooting painless.:D

What about you folks? Are you getting it? Did you already get it? What variety will you go for?
I will pass on this one at this moment

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
How come it hurts like hell? Normally it does not hurt when I get shots. Only when the nurse is not good at it.
Now they need to shoot millions, probably there are shooters who are less capable of shooting painless.:D

I will pass on this one at this moment

This vaccine isn't like normal ones. I've never had issues with them in the past, but I hear it's quite common for folks to have issues with extra pain for days after the injection in regards to this one. There's also a strange occurrence where one gets flu like symptoms a week after the injection which seems pretty typical.

The lady who gave me my shot was actually a pro. She did a good job! I don't blame her for it. :)

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I am in the last wave, so I plan on getting it. I am not sure which will be available, though.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We will be getting it as soon as we can, France is very slow rolling out the program which is a concern but when our turn comes we will be in the queue

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'll certainly get it as soon as it's available for me -- not fussy on which one. I typically have zero reaction of any kind to vaccines (get the flu every year like clockwork), so I have little worry about that.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I'll certainly get it as soon as it's available for me -- not fussy on which one. I typically have zero reaction of any kind to vaccines (get the flu every year like clockwork), so I have little worry about that.

Me too, though this one effected me. Still, I definitely don't regret it; after all, I do work with covid patients. Besides, the way I look at it is that sooner or later we are all going to catch covid. At least when I do, my body will have antibodies that can fight it more easily.

Also, I'd rather experience short term pain than perminent damage, which some of my co-workers have gotten after recovering from getting sick with covid.

Onoma

I'll wait for more investigations into how mutations like E484K affect antibody response, personally

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It hasn't been offered to me, and probably won't be for awhile.

I don't mind much; I'd rather see how it affects others first(though I will likely take it when offered). However, my sister's friend got it, and got Covid a week later. His family all had mild symptoms, but he has been miserable. I am unsure of which one he got.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm getting Moderna because that's what's available in my county. Probably next week or the week after depending on availability. I work medical and my husband is high risk so we're pretty early on in the vaccine schedule.

Daemon Sophic

I got my first Moderna shot on New Year’s eve. I had a tender spot on my arm for about 48 hours, and that was it.
One worker I spoke with said she got minor fevers and chills for a few hours 3 days after getting the shot.
I’m scheduled for the second shot at the end of this month.

Get either vaccine as soon as you can. :):):cool::cool::)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't expect it will be available for some time, because first its got to go to the people who are at risk, medical people and essential workers.