• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who won the Vice Presidential debate?

Who won the Vice Presidential debate?

• Paul Ryan

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • It was basically a tie

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Alceste

Vagabond
To opportunisrtically use terrorist attacks for political advantage is to descend from deceitful to despicable. Ryan and his handler should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree, but it seems to me the Romney campaign has as much contempt for the concept of shame as they do for fact-checkers.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
What I can't understand is why the Obama campaign keeps saying that the Romney campaign is making the Benghazi terrorist attack political.

He made it political on 9/11/12. BOTH campaigns agreed that there would be no politics on that day between the campaigns and Romney went there.

Not only did he go there but he was completely WRONG in his video taped press conference. He was wrong on who said what and when. He had the timeline screwed up and seemed to not know the capital of Libya.

As I've said before...He had no business coming out there speaking to or for America on foreign affairs considering he wasn't briefed on foreign affairs.

As POTUS said...Romney seems to shoot first and aim later.

esmith

Veteran Member
Romney is being criticized for trying to turn a tragedy to his advantage.
And the Obama campaign is trying to sweep the terrorist attack under the rug because it make them look bad. I want to know what happened and who is responsible. Obama and his minions always say, "it's not our fault".

Also, if you're determined to vote based on your delusions relating to this single tragic incident, you might at least acknowledge that Paul Ryan's decision to cut $300 million from embassy security in his budget may have been part of the problem.

No, Charline Lamb said that money wasn't the issue with security in Libya. Also, there was a $2.2billion discretionary fund that could have been used to bolster security. From Libya Isn’t about Funding Cuts - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

"But it wasn’t insufficient funds that emerged as the key problem in the hearings; instead, it was the State Department’s refusal to acknowledge that the level of danger in Libya warranted additional security — possibly because of the pressure to not make the decision to get involved in Libya look like a debacle. “In those conversations, I recall I was specifically told you cannot request a SST [Site Security Team] extension,” Eric Nordstrom, who was a regional security officer at the State Department who had been stationed in Libya for several months and had made security requests, testified last week about his conversations with Lamb. “How I interpreted that was that there was going to be too much political costs, or for some reason, there was hesitancy on that.”

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
To opportunisrtically use terrorist attacks for political advantage is to descend from deceitful to despicable. Ryan and his handler should be ashamed of themselves.
I can't believe how many Jewish folks vote Democratic even after Obama has shown he is luke warm at best in supporting Israel. I don't believe anyone doubts Mitt Romney will support Israel 100% and do whatever is nessessary to keep Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. Just saying.....

esmith

Veteran Member
As POTUS said...Romney seems to shoot first and aim later.

Ah, so POTUS doesn't shoot first and aim latter? How about hid remark "I don’t know – not having been there and not seeing all the facts – what role race played in that, but I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home,"

I added the red highlight

Alceste

Vagabond
I can't believe how many Jewish folks vote Democratic even after Obama has shown he is luke warm at best in supporting Israel. I don't believe anyone doubts Mitt Romney will support Israel 100% and do whatever is nessessary to keep Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. Just saying.....

Perhaps Jewish voters recognize that Israel may not be best served by starting a war with Iran, and that the personal interests of Bibi =/= the interests of Israel.

Rakhel

Have you really forgotten who the president was on 9/11? What's all this about Clinton?

At any rate, there was a lot of chatter picked up by intelligence agencies all around the world about the plan to use planes to attack US targets, including the WTC and the pentagon. The US was warned by several foreign intelligence agencies. They also had staff on the job of monitoring some of the 9/11 pilots. The military was doing training exercises to intercept a possible airplane attack. Clinton believed bin Laden was the single must significant security threat to the US, and already had a hunt underway.

So, if you think incredulity is the only reason nothing was done to prevent 9/11, it was something Bush introduced. It can not have been a pre-existing feature of the intelligence community, as they obviously took that threat very seriously.
I am quite aware of who was president 9/11/2001. But are you aware of who was president in 1995?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Ah, so POTUS doesn't shoot first and aim latter? How about hid remark "I don’t know – not having been there and not seeing all the facts – what role race played in that, but I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home,"

I added the red highlight

Awesome. Subsequently after the incident the charges against Prof. Gates was dropped. Both men did act stupidly. Now the difference is...Obama extended an apology and got them both to come to the White House. Mitt Romney was WRONG and didn't even attempt to apologize for being wrong. It seems to be a derogatory word with him.

Henry Louis Gates arrest controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On July 22, President Barack Obama commented on the incident, criticizing the arrest and the response by the police. Law enforcement organizations and members objected to Obama's comments and criticized his handling of the issue. In the aftermath, Obama stated that he regretted his comments and hoped that the situation could become a "teachable moment". On July 24, Obama invited both parties to the White House to discuss the issue over beers, and on July 30, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden joined Crowley and Gates in a private, cordial meeting in a courtyard near the White House Rose Garden; this became known colloquially as the "Beer Summit". An independent panel with experts from across the nation published a report on June 30, 2010, which states that "Sergeant Crowley and Professor Gates each missed opportunities to 'ratchet down' the situation and end it peacefully" and share responsibility for the controversial July 16 arrest. Crowley could have better explained how uncertain and potentially dangerous it is to respond to a serious crime-in-progress call and why this can result in a seemingly rude tone. Gates could have tried to understand Crowley's view of the situation and could have spoken respectfully to Crowley. The report cites research that shows people's feelings about a police encounter depend significantly on whether they feel the officer displays respect and courtesy

In an interview with The New York Times, Gates further commented on the meeting, "I don't think anybody but Barack Obama would have thought about bringing us together [...] the president was great – he was very wise, very sage, very Solomonic."

I'll admit that he is bias since The president is a friend of his so I'm not surprised about the kind words he said. I'm only pointing out the kind gesture and the time the president set aside to bring these two men together.

During an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Gates stated that relations between him and Crowley are amicable. He also revealed that he asked Crowley for a sample of his DNA and interestingly enough, he and Crowley are actually distant cousins and share a common Irish ancestor.On the show, Gates stated that Crowley recently gave him the handcuffs used in the arrest. When asked what he would do with the handcuffs, Gates stated that he plans to donate the handcuffs to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture

Awesome....:D

This is kind of President I want.

esmith

Veteran Member
Awesome. Subsequently after the incident the charges against Prof. Gates was dropped. Both men did act stupidly. Now the difference is...Obama extended an apology and got them both to come to the White House. Mitt Romney was WRONG and didn't even attempt to apologize for being wrong. It seems to be a derogatory word with him.
I'll admit that he is bias since The president is a friend of his so I'm not surprised about the kind words he said. I'm only pointing out the kind gesture and the time the president set aside to bring these two men together.

Awesome....:D

This is kind of President I want.
Ah,suggest you read "A Slobbering Love Affair" by Bernard Goldberg:D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am quite aware of who was president 9/11/2001. But are you aware of who was president in 1995?
That would be Bill Clinton. As I recall, he had a distant & frosty relationship with the intelligence community. This, & a general lack of
concern for "hardening" our infrastructure by him & generally all presidents set the stage for 9/11. I thought it odd that commercial
airline security was so lacking, eg, no directive to refuse terrorist demands, no security of the cockpit.

Some interesting tidbits about Clinton's efforts to preserve our security.
On Tape, Clinton Admits Passing Up bin Laden Capture; Lewinsky Played Role
Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - NBCNightlyNews | NBC News

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

I honestly hope you don't think that a candidate's professed support for Israel would be the only factor a Jewish American would take into consideration when choosing which to vote for.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Interesting....

559617_488216001212822_1511914340_n.jpg

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Interesting....

559617_488216001212822_1511914340_n.jpg
These facts were exposed a few weeks ago. Since then, the Romney campaign has taken away one and added a new one. However, when Ryan brought up the "six studies," he knew full well that they were not "studies" in the sense that people normally take them to be. That is, they were not serious economic evaluations of the Romney proposal by economists. Part of the reason for that is that so much of Romney's plan is deliberately vague. In any case, Ryan, who has a B.A. in a double major--political science and economics--from Miami University in Ohio, has been touted as some kind of genius whiz kid by Republicans. So those "studies" probably do appear really impressive to him. As we all know from our experiences on the internet, us bloggers and internet forum debaters really know what we are talking about. You don't need no stinkin' Ph.D. to understand economics. ;)

Shermana

Heretic
:cigar:
I honestly hope you don't think that a candidate's professed support for Israel would be the only factor a Jewish American would take into consideration when choosing which to vote for.

If anything, if a Jew thinks Israel NEEDS America, that shows a severe lack of trust in Providence, in my opinion. Have they not read what happened when Israel relied on Egypt against Babylon?

Alceste

Vagabond
Hey Paul Ryan, I just scribbled "Romnee's tax plan werks jist fine" in Sharpie on my forearm. Can you please cite me as one of your "studies" too? I'll send pictures!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hey Paul Ryan, I just scribbled "Romnee's tax plan werks jist fine" in Sharpie on my forearm. Can you please cite me as one of your "studies" too? I'll send pictures!
(I think it was suppose to be done on your etch-a-sketch for it to count.)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
If you took offense to my post, please accept my sincere apology.

There was no offense. But your post did make it sound as if that is indeed the case, and that is a stereotype I really dislike.

Yes, Israel and her security is important to me. But so is the state of the US, and, as an American, domestic issues are front and center when I choose which candidate to support.