• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who were the Violent Protestors in the Capitol on Wednesday

Wandering Monk

Conservatives immediately blamed Antifa, anarchists, and agents provacateur from BLM. So how many from those groups have been identified so far by law enforcement versus how many identified with MAGA, Proud Boys, and other right wing extremists? Please post stories and images if possible supporting either.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Conservatives immediately blamed Antifa, anarchists, and agents provacateur from BLM. So how many from those groups have been identified so far by law enforcement versus how many identified with MAGA, Proud Boys, and other right wing extremists? Please post stories and images if possible supporting either.

From what I have seen all of the first early ones claimed to be antifa etc. were actually Trump supporters. Some of them well respected Trump supporters. In their own wacky groups. I saved this for a while, but it has been confirmed by others (it is not the best source):

Facial Recognition Firm: Washington Times Antifa Story False

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I am shocked that the left did not dress up as the opposition to protest an election they won. Shocked, I tell you!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not only a must-see video -- it should be a wake-up call to the nation. Something is very seriously askew, and getting it fixed is going to be very, very difficult.

The hardest job, I think, will be to try to convince those who believe the election was fixed that it was not (any more than the usual few cheats, and that wouldn't come within miles of changing the outcome).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
According to many on the Right anyone who looks scary is Antifa, even if it's a bike gang who showed up to oppose Antifa.
But they were definitely Trump supporters. No need to needlessly complicate things.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The right is practicing the Nazi "big lie" by repeating lies over and over and over and over again to gaslight people into believing their lies. At this point, I assume that anything the right says is a lie until it's proven otherwise.

There are a gazillion stories out there including this one. Of course the extremist right wing liars just blame the "deep state" and the media and believe only those in their lying bubble.

FBI says there is 'no indication' that antifa took part in U.S. Capitol riot

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am shocked that the left did not dress up as the opposition to protest an election they won. Shocked, I tell you!

Somebody was slacking at the Democratic National Committee Headquarters, by God! We can be certain of it! Where have the left's sacred traditions gone?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
"I asked Jake Angeli if that was what he witnessed. He told me there were no members of Antifa or any other left-wing organisations present in or around the Capitol building on 6 January. It was "patriots doing what our founding fathers would have done". The reason he knew that was "because Antifa are cowards who have no commitment to their country or their cause"."

- 'QAnon Shaman' Jake Angeli charged over pro-Trump riots

Wandering Monk

I keep hearing from Trump supporters that it was Antifa and BLM had infiltrated the riot and were the ones responsible for the riots.

Have any of you seen any stories that this is true? Please post links.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I keep hearing from Trump supporters that it was Antifa and BLM had infiltrated the riot and were the ones responsible for the riots.

Have any of you seen any stories that this is true? Please post links.
I suspect those involved in the riots are feeling quite betrayed by their fellow MAGAists for telling the world they were actually secretly Antifa. This scapegoating technique is not going to work and I think it will cause further resentment. But that’s just my speculation

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well we have names of those arrested so far.

All we need are their backstories.

Wandering Monk

Here is someone who should be jailed immediately:

But the experience seemed to have only hardened the resolve of others. Couy Griffin, 47, a Republican county commissioner from New Mexico, spoke of organizing another Capitol rally soon — one that could result in “blood running out of that building” — in a video he later posted to the Facebook page of his group, Cowboys for Trump.
“At the end of the day, you mark my word, we will plant our flag on the desk of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer,” he said. He paused before adding: “And Donald J. Trump if it boils down to it.”

‘Our President Wants Us Here’: The Mob That Stormed the Capitol