• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants some fake meat

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The closest thing I have to breakfast is a black coffee. My first meal of the day is lunch.
How are you going to milk them cows and heft those hay bales on just coffee woman!!?

To each their own. How about brunch? Do you ever do brunch? Brunch is just fancy late breakfast. And lots of it.

Reactions: Vee

Vee

Premium Member
How are you going to milk them cows and heft those hay bales on just coffee woman!!?

To each their own. How about brunch? Do you ever do brunch? Brunch is just fancy late breakfast. And lots of it.

I'm one of those modern people who seat at a desk in front of a computer. Before Covid I used to do some real work but now I'm just pretending. I work in the wine tourism industry. Imagine how that is going...
Brunch is cool but if I have that I probably won't eat again until evening. My stomach is small.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm one of those modern people who seat at a desk in front of a computer. Before Covid I used to do some real work but now I'm just pretending. I work in the wine tourism industry. Imagine how that is going...
Brunch is cool but if I have that I probably won't eat again until evening. My stomach is small.

Yep, farming type are far and few between these days. And I said, I also will often skip lunch if I eat a large breakfast. I do not need three meals a day any longer.

I do hope that you are working hard on quality control. Or perhaps not too hard. That can be tough on the old liver.

Vee

Premium Member
Yep, farming type are far and few between these days. And I said, I also will often skip lunch if I eat a large breakfast. I do not need three meals a day any longer.

I do hope that you are working hard on quality control. Or perhaps not too hard. That can be tough on the old liver.

Oh man, you have no idea :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I love good food. I don't even consider fast food to be food, so anything fake is not even on my radar. If it's not real, I don't want it.
I don't mind being a vegetarian if it comes to that. There are loads of amazing things to eat in the plant world. I don't even like meat that much so becoming a vegetarian wouldn't be a huge sacrifice, but fake meat, no way.
This video from dr. Berg explains it better than I could

There's a lot of peddling for this kind of "food" going on and I'm sure there are a lot of companies looking at the amount of money they'll be able to make from the Frankenstein trends. I believe there are better ways to save the environment and respect animals while eating sustainably.
What's your take on this?
That's why I prefer culture meat. It's actually real genuine meat and no animal has to die for it.

What is Cultured Meat | Cultured Beef

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I love good food. I don't even consider fast food to be food, so anything fake is not even on my radar. If it's not real, I don't want it.
I don't mind being a vegetarian if it comes to that. There are loads of amazing things to eat in the plant world. I don't even like meat that much so becoming a vegetarian wouldn't be a huge sacrifice, but fake meat, no way.
This video from dr. Berg explains it better than I could

There's a lot of peddling for this kind of "food" going on and I'm sure there are a lot of companies looking at the amount of money they'll be able to make from the Frankenstein trends. I believe there are better ways to save the environment and respect animals while eating sustainably.
What's your take on this?
Here's a presentation which goes into more detail by Stan Ekberg who is a clinician specializing in Nutrition and previously was an Olympic athlete before getting his doctorate. His channel focuses on education about nutrition and specifically about managing insulin resistance, but he's made a very well rounded presentation about fake meat and discussed the ingredients of several of the popular fake meats.

The presentation ranges from the cruelty animal farming to the allergies and tooth decay we get from processed foods (such as fake meat). His overall view is that fake meat doesn't solve the problem of our depletion of top soil (50% gone in the last 150 years) and tooth decay, so he says that its a little better than large scale meat but doesn't go far enough towards sustainable farming and improving human health. He says that the main advantage of fake meat is that its calories bypass factory farms that feed 8 calories to animals to make 1 calorie for humans, so it gets some praise.

My thought:
Obviously a lot depends on how the fake meat tastes. It doesn't have to taste "Just like meat" so long as its delicious; but the processed ingredients do mean that its never going to be as safe to eat as meat.

Vee

Premium Member
Here's a presentation which goes into more detail by Stan Ekberg who is a clinician specializing in Nutrition and previously was an Olympic athlete before getting his doctorate. His channel focuses on education about nutrition and specifically about managing insulin resistance, but he's made a very well rounded presentation about fake meat and discussed the ingredients of several of the popular fake meats.

The presentation ranges from the cruelty animal farming to the allergies and tooth decay we get from processed foods (such as fake meat). His overall view is that fake meat doesn't solve the problem of our depletion of top soil (50% gone in the last 150 years) and tooth decay, so he says that its a little better than large scale meat but doesn't go far enough towards sustainable farming and improving human health. He says that the main advantage of fake meat is that its calories bypass factory farms that feed 8 calories to animals to make 1 calorie for humans, so it gets some praise.

My thought:
Obviously a lot depends on how the fake meat tastes. It doesn't have to taste "Just like meat" so long as its delicious; but the processed ingredients do mean that its never going to be as safe to eat as meat.

I love Dr. Ekberg, he's brilliant and his research and reasoning are always excellent. I hadn't seen that video yet.
I'm not into processed food. Either I eat meat, or I don't but I'm not comfortable eating things that went through too much transformation. I like my food as close to the way nature produced it as possible.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I love Dr. Ekberg, he's brilliant and his research and reasoning are always excellent. I hadn't seen that video yet.
I'm not into processed food. Either I eat meat, or I don't but I'm not comfortable eating things that went through too much transformation. I like my food as close to the way nature produced it as possible.
Apparently nutrition can get complicated. I'm trying out things and trying to be healthier.