• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants some fake meat

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Still have & use me choppers.
Preparing food is wimin's work.
Some men make the preparers chew the food for them. Its more civilized that way and helps save your teeth and that of your guests. I don't do it, because I'm an ungentlemanly rogue.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am woke & progressive, but not house broken yet.

No excuse. Get your pinny on (do they have pinnys or apronsin the US) and start learning. I trained my hubby up for when i went in hospital, he still thanks me and makes some wonderful dishes (lousy food but great dishes)

exchemist

Veteran Member
I had to look that dish up. After seeing a few recipes, I am all in. I am a big fan of lamb.
I use neck fillets. It's great dish and good for freezing if you make a lot at once. My son took some on a school camping expedition and was the envy of the group, while the rest were eating their horrible pot noodles, enabling him to bolster his stereotypical image as a Frenchman.:D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, one of humanities paradoxes
I don't want to dis women too much. My mother was an example of a very talented home cook. I still need to find some of her recipes. And she would make pies like no one else. Pies in America are almost always a desert item. Her rhubarb pie was legendary. It is not just the filling. One needs to know how to make a crust too. I have tasted countless pies that fail because their crust seemed to be almost an afterthought.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I use neck fillets. It's great dish and good for freezing if you make a lot at once. My son took some on a school camping expedition and was the envy of the group, while the rest were eating their horrible pot noodles, enabling him to bolster his stereotypical image as a Frenchman.:D
Ooh, lamb neck. Good stuff. The local grocery never seems to have a lot of it. One can only make a stew for one with the amount they tend to put into a package. I find it to be very similar to Ox tails in the result.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No excuse. Get your pinny on (do they have pinnys or apronsin the US) and start learning. I trained my hubby up for when i went in hospital, he still thanks me and makes some wonderful dishes (lousy food but great dishes)
That's so generous to believe that I'm trainable.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't want to dis women too much. My mother was an example of a very talented home cook. I still need to find some of her recipes. And she would make pies like no one else. Pies in America are almost always a desert item. Her rhubarb pie was legendary. It is not just the filling. One needs to know how to make a crust too. I have tasted countless pies that fail because their crust seemed to be almost an afterthought.

I am petty good at pastry, both sweet and savoury. When i make a casserole i always make more and freeze the leftover. When i am stuck for a meal, make some pastry, spoon the thawed casserole i to parcels of pasty to make pasties.

I new trick i picked up when making apple pie (i guess it would be ok in rhubarb pie too) is to mix in a teaspoon full of cinnamon when making the pastry

Vee

Premium Member
Me too.

My consumption of lamb is usually limited to breakfast. I will do a lambchop or two with eggs and hashbrowns if I make a big breakfast.

You eat that for breakfast? What do you have for lunch? Toast and eggs?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I love good food. I don't even consider fast food to be food, so anything fake is not even on my radar. If it's not real, I don't want it.
I don't mind being a vegetarian if it comes to that. There are loads of amazing things to eat in the plant world. I don't even like meat that much so becoming a vegetarian wouldn't be a huge sacrifice, but fake meat, no way.
This video from dr. Berg explains it better than I could

There's a lot of peddling for this kind of "food" going on and I'm sure there are a lot of companies looking at the amount of money they'll be able to make from the Frankenstein trends. I believe there are better ways to save the environment and respect animals while eating sustainably.
What's your take on this?

I didn't read the whole thread, but I think this guy is conflating "synthetic meat" with "plant-based 'meat'."

When I hear "synthetic meat," I'm thinking lab-grown rather than plant-based "meats" like Impossible Foods or Beyond Meat.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You eat that for breakfast? What do you have for lunch? Toast and eggs?
Haven't you ever had steak and eggs for breakfast? It is usually a small steak and one or two lamb chops are about the same size.

But if I do have a large breakfast I do often skip lunch altogether.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Haven't you ever had steak and eggs for breakfast? It is usually a small steak and one or two lamb chops are about the same size.

I never could get the concept behind steak and eggs for breakfast. But i guess a full English breakfast would seem strange to you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I didn't read the whole thread, but I think this guy is conflating "synthetic meat" with "plant-based 'meat'."

When I hear "synthetic meat," I'm thinking lab-grown rather than plant-based "meats" like Impossible Foods or Beyond Meat.
Same here. And one possibility for labs grown meat is that it may some day replace meat from animals. There are moral and ethical problems with butchering and that goes beyond just the slaughterhouse.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I never could get the concept behind steak and eggs for breakfast. But i guess a full English breakfast would seem strange to you.
Cultural differences is all. I wouldn't mind trying a full English breakfast.

Also sometimes breakfast is whatever is easiest. Leftovers from last night will sometimes do. And then there is the Breakfast of Champions, leftover room temperature pizza!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Cultural differences is all. I wouldn't mind trying a full English breakfast.

Also sometimes breakfast is whatever is easiest. Leftovers from last night will sometimes do. And then there is the Breakfast of Champions, leftover room temperature pizza!

Had breakfast of champions this morning but there was no steak or lamb chop, or even egg on it.

Vee

Premium Member

The closest thing I have to breakfast is a black coffee. My first meal of the day is lunch.