• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When a person/"human" is outwardly "Christian", you don't have to ask.
Oh, yes you do.
I've been mistaken for a Christian numerous times.
My cheery demeanor inspires them to ask with
delight at my expected response.

Yes, that's how I am IRL....except towards those
who show up at my property demanding entry
without a warrant. Then my vocabulary expands
beyond what you see here.

2ndpillar

Oh, yes you do.
I've been mistaken for a Christian numerous times.
My cheery demeanor inspires them to ask with
delight at my expected response.

Yes, that's how I am IRL....except towards those
who show up at my property demanding entry
without a warrant. Then my vocabulary expands
beyond what you see here.
In general, Marxist Progressives are depressed, ill tempered, aggressive and argumentative. Sometimes, they are also sociopathic, and present a cheery face. Your inner self probably comes out when some JW comes to your door. I would expect that your blood pressure reaches high levels. I leave a Trump flag on my front porch to tick off my BLM neighbors who still keep their yard signs. They destroy my signs that are accessible. Trump derangement syndrome is also present in my neighborhood, which seems to include more than a few of the woke and those with gender dysphoria, who have no grounding and appear to flitter their life away complaining about what others do and think.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In general, Marxist Progressives are depressed, ill tempered, aggressive and argumentative.
You'll find no greater foe of Marxism than I.
Moreover, I find too many Christians leaning in
that direction due to some misguided attempt
to make government their brother's keeper.
Sometimes, they are also sociopathic, and present a cheery face. Your inner self probably comes out when some JW comes to your door. I would expect that your blood pressure reaches high levels. I leave a Trump flag on my front porch to tick off my BLM neighbors who still keep their yard signs. They destroy my signs that are accessible. Trump derangement syndrome is also present in my neighborhood, which seems to include more than a few of the woke and those with gender dysphoria, who have no grounding and appear to flitter their life away complaining about what others do and think.
You aren't advocating Marxism, are you?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It sounds intensive. Mikvah is like Christian Water Baptism, is it not?
Not really. The primary purpose of Jewish immersion is for ritual purity, whereas Christian baptism is the entrance rite into the Christian church.

Christian Gnostics Become Spiritual Jews/Israel through Observing the Law of Moses.
Well, you may certainly make that claim, but to us you are nothing but imposters.

For Christian Gnostics the Law of Moses is Obligatory. The Law of Moses is the first stage of our Spiritual Journey.
When I think of Gnosticism, I think of THESE major tenets:
1. Matter is evil; spirit is good
2. Salvation by secret knowledge unknown to others
3. Jesus was not actually a man, but was a spirit that only gave the appearance of being a man.

I have never heard that Christian Gnostics feel obligated to obey the Law. You will need to provide a link to support your claim in this.

BTW, if you are inspired to obey the Law, and it brings you closer to God, I support you. But I do not believe it is obligatory for you as it is for Jews.

2ndpillar

You'll find no greater foe of Marxism than I.
Moreover, I find too many Christians leaning in
that direction due to some misguided attempt
to make government their brother's keeper.

You aren't advocating Marxism, are you?
The core principals of Marxism is that there is no god, and to create a breakdown in society (revolution), by turning people against each other, to present a pathway to their utopia, which is to take their neighbors goods, and promise to give it to the poor, yet keep it for themselves. In fact, you will find many "Christians" supporting the Progressives, to their detriment. They apparently followed the blue haired women of their day (1960s) and have wound up being in a stupor ever since. After losing their house, car, and belongings to Bidenomics, some are coming to the realization that they missed the boat somewhere. Marxism is simply another religion giving a false hope to the many. It leads to "destruction". (Mt 7:12-15). Its god and false prophet is Marx.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Why does God allow Pain and Suffering?.......................................​

The Transfiguration of Christ:
This is the one and only time during His earthly life that Jesus’ Divinity was fully revealed and made manifest. His entire Body was bathed in Divine Glory affirming that He is both fully God and fully Man — the ‘God-Man.’ This Theophany on Mount Tabor also foreshadowed the Glory of Christ’s Resurrection and Ascension that were to follow shortly, and thus the fulfillment of the very purpose of the Incarnation — to restore fallen humanity and all creation to their original goodness and glory as originally created by the Holy Trinity through the Logos/Word. And this is the vision of Christ’s Transfiguration, which is precisely the invisible spiritual reality made visible in authentic Orthodox icons, and apprehended by us while yet on earth.
First of all, please notice Matthew 17:9 because the transfiguration was a 'VISION' and Not a real happening.
God sent pre-human heavenly Jesus to Earth for us. Jesus did Not send himself.
Also, God resurrected the dead Jesus out of hell/biblical grave - Acts 2:27; 3:15; Col. 2:12
Jesus used the opportunity at John 10:36 to truthfully say who he is: The Son of God.
Yes, Jesus was God's spokesman/ Word/Logos - John 5:38
Remember: 'No man has seen God' - John 5:46; John 1:18; John 6:46; 1st John 4:12 - but people saw Jesus.
Also, God can't die because He is from and to everlasting according to Psalm 90:2
So, only God was 'before' the beginning of anything.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus was 'in' the beginning, but Not 'before' the beginning as his God was - Rev. 4:11.

A reason why God allows 'pain & suffering' is found in the book of Job - Job 2:4-5
Sinner Satan Not only challenged Job but all of us.
' Touch our flesh.....' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God under bad condtions.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So far, no other rulership has arrived
to replace ordinary humans.
What is it you want me to "admit" to?....
If this God exists, it's not doing what
you say it's capable of. So either....
- God can't.
- God won't.
- God doesn't care.
- God doesn't exist.
As far as rulership of Earth: we are at the HUGE political statue's feet - Daniel 2:44
Perhaps more like being at the statue's toes or even its toe nails !
So, No other rulership over Earth will come until the time of Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15
This is why heavenly Jesus comes with angelic armies to rid the Earth of wickedness.
In the meantime,(starting with Pentecost) God is having the gospel good news of God's kingdom aka God's government proclaimed.
Proclaimed on a grand global international scale just as recorded at Matthew 24:14.
God can because nothing can stop the preaching/teaching work.
God does care because that spiritual work is being done world wide as never before in history.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thinking of the "T" man?
Oddly, he's worshipped primarily by Christians.
Fare well, & prosper.
.... and may you also fare well & prosper - 1st Samuel 25:6
Please remember Matt. 7:21-23 because Jesus forewarned us MANY who come in Jesus' name would prove false.
So, the so-called "T" man really is the singular Son of God - Matt. 10:36
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him as per Revelation 3:12

2ndpillar

As far as rulership of Earth: we are at the HUGE political statue's feet - Daniel 2:44
So, No other rulership over Earth will come until the time of Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15
This is why heavenly Jesus comes with angelic armies to rid the Earth of wickedness.
In the meantime,(starting with Pentecost) God is having the gospel good news of God's kingdom aka God's government proclaimed.
Proclaimed on a grand global international scale just as recorded at Matthew 24:14.
God does care because that spiritual work is being done world wide as never before in history.
The "son of man" come "immediately after" the "tribulation" (Mt 24:29) which is the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32), a time of the valley of judgment for the nations/Gentiles (Joel 3:2-8), which comes at the "end of the age" (Mt 13:30), after the "tares", the sons of lawlessness, are "first" "gathered" and thrown into the "fire". Per Joel 2:30, the "day of the LORD" will be preceded by a "blood" "moon", much like the "blood moon" of the coming 24 March 2024, just before Passover, when the angels have been known to pass over those with the blood/Commandments written on the lintels.

Matthew 24:29-30
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’ 30At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.…

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The core principals of Marxism is that there is no god, and to create a breakdown in society (revolution), by turning people against each other, to present a pathway to their utopia, which is to take their neighbors goods, and promise to give it to the poor, yet keep it for themselves. In fact, you will find many "Christians" supporting the Progressives, to their detriment. They apparently followed the blue haired women of their day (1960s) and have wound up being in a stupor ever since. After losing their house, car, and belongings to Bidenomics, some are coming to the realization that they missed the boat somewhere. Marxism is simply another religion giving a false hope to the many. It leads to "destruction". (Mt 7:12-15). Its god and false prophet is Marx.
The problem I see with Marxism is the elimination
of the individual's right to run a business, which
inexorably results in an authoritarian government,
massive death, & economic woe.
Capitalism, constitutional law, democracy, & liberty
are the path to success, both economic & social.
It works for both atheists & believers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This God character has yet to make an appearance.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
.... and may you also fare well & prosper - 1st Samuel 25:6
Please remember Matt. 7:21-23 because Jesus forewarned us MANY who come in Jesus' name would prove false.
So, the so-called "T" man really is the singular Son of God - Matt. 10:36
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him as per Revelation 3:12
That was all over my head.

2ndpillar

The problem I see with Marxism is the elimination
of the individual's right to run a business, which
inexorably results in an authoritarian government,
massive death, & economic woe.
Capitalism, constitutional law, democracy, & liberty
are the path to success, both economic & social.
It works for both atheists & believers.
Your problem is that you declare yourself "Libertarian", which 10 years ago, may have meant something. Now the majority of true Libertarians are fleeing the Woke Progressive part of the Democratic party, which is now on a Marxist path, and their only escape is to vote conservative, which is apparently not the path you are on, which appears to be to name yourself as one of the gods, and make elitist rules over the minions, by way of your supposed intellectualism. If you survive the coming reckoning, then you can then note your apology as stated in Jeremiah 16:19.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your problem is that you declare yourself "Libertarian", which 10 years ago, may have meant something.
It's not a problem at all.
Now the majority of true Libertarians are fleeing the Woke Progressive part of the Democratic party....
"True libertarians" were Dems?

...which is now on a Marxist path, and their only escape is to vote conservative, which is apparently not the path you are on, which appears to be to name yourself as one of the gods, and make elitist rules over the minions, by way of your supposed intellectualism. If you survive the coming reckoning, then you can then note your apology as stated in Jeremiah 16:19.
Conservatives don't appeal to me.

I wrote some doggerel about predictions of a "reckoning"...
They urge repentance using fear,
and say the end moves ever near.
But then they must
their date adjust
to float so that it's never here.

Elihoenai

Very religious - traditions of men that makes God’s word of none effect

The image is spiritual. Jesus always says what the Father says and the law of first says “Be fruitful and multiply” and not “be celibate”. Jesus never told His disciples to be celibate.
How could Celibacy be Traditions of Men when Jesus/Yeshua, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate? Jesus/Yeshua teaches by Example Behaviour and Words.

No - Acts 10 & 19.

Cornelius was never baptized in John’s baptism (although repentance is part of the baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus - but it is not ‘John’s baptism”.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Are you saying that you have never done John the Baptist Water Baptism? Are you saying that John the Baptist Water Baptism is not important?

Again, scriptures denounce gnosticism. Now, if you want to follow a different gospel, you are a free-will spiritual agent.

That being said, “Be not drunk with wine wherein is excess but be filled with the Holy Spirit”

and not “be ye celibate"

however,

if you want to… feel free to be celibate. God has not problem with your decision if you do it in faith and as unto God. Rom 14
Therefore, you have confirmed that you are having Recreational Sex, Eating anything you want, Taking Drugs and Drinking Alcohol. You are Living/Perishing a Normal Carnal Life/Death of the Heathen. This is how Gentiles Live/Die. You are Not and have Never Really been Saved. You are a Normal Person that is in a War Against the Supernatural/Spiritual. This War is Ordained from the Womb.

I Am Christian Gnostic/Monk, Celibate, Vegan, Free From Drugs and Free From Alcohol. I'm just at the beginning of my Spiritual Journey to Escape Sin and Death.

Elihoenai

Not really. The primary purpose of Jewish immersion is for ritual purity, whereas Christian baptism is the entrance rite into the Christian church.
The Christian Water Baptism is an Act of Repentance. How can immersion in water make you Ritually Pure? The Essenes Ritually Immerse in Water every morning. How often do you Ritually Immerse in Water or is it just once?

Essenes

"...the Essenes ritually immersed in water every morning (a practice similar to the use of the mikveh for daily immersion found among some contemporary Hasidim)..."

Well, you may certainly make that claim, but to us you are nothing but imposters.
I know you think Spiritual Israel are imposters. You thought Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ was an Imposter and you assert that the New Testament is not the inspired Word of Elohim/God.

When I think of Gnosticism, I think of THESE major tenets:
1. Matter is evil; spirit is good
2. Salvation by secret knowledge unknown to others
3. Jesus was not actually a man, but was a spirit that only gave the appearance of being a man.

I have never heard that Christian Gnostics feel obligated to obey the Law. You will need to provide a link to support your claim in this.

BTW, if you are inspired to obey the Law, and it brings you closer to God, I support you. But I do not believe it is obligatory for you as it is for Jews.
1. Yes, Dualism is at the Core of Christian Gnosticism with Spirit Being Good and Flesh/Matter Being Evil.

2. Yes, Elohim/God teaches Esoteric/Secret and Exoteric/Public Knowledge in the Holy Scriptures. Elohim/God Saves Christian Gnostics with Esoteric Knowledge of Salvation From Sin.

3. This is a Great Mystery.

You would have never heard of Christian Gnostics Being Obligated to obey the Law of Moses, because the Christian Gnosticism that Elohim/God has shown me has Differences from Traditional Christian Gnosticism. In Traditional Gnosticism the Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament was created by another Evil Deity and Rejected. There is no link because it's a New Christian Gnosticism, as I told you before.

You won't see that Christian Gnostics are Obligated to obey the Law of Moses like Fleshly Jews because you believe that you have the greater commitment to do the Law.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
How could Celibacy be Traditions of Men when Jesus/Yeshua, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate? Jesus/Yeshua teaches by Example Behaviour and Words.

What I said was that “it isn’t a requirement” and that “if you want to, you can”. Most of the Apostles had wives.

It becomes “traditions of men” when you make it a requirement. It is one step short of 1 Timothy 4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Are you saying that you have never done John the Baptist Water Baptism? Are you saying that John the Baptist Water Baptism is not important?
No, I didn’t say that. If fulfilled all righteousness. What I said was, it is no longer needed as shown in Acts 2, Acts 10 and Acts 19 which also includes repemtance.
Therefore, you have confirmed that you are having Recreational Sex, Eating anything you want, Taking Drugs and Drinking Alcohol. You are Living/Perishing a Normal Carnal Life/Death of the Heathen. This is how Gentiles Live/Die. You are Not and have Never Really been Saved. You are a Normal Person that is in a War Against the Supernatural/Spiritual. This War is Ordained from the Womb.

If you felt like I confirmed it, then you misread what I said. Are you confirming that you are involved in …

1 Timothy 4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

I Am Christian Gnostic/Monk, Celibate, Vegan, Free From Drugs and Free From Alcohol. I'm just at the beginning of my Spiritual Journey to Escape Sin and Death.

Sounds like you are creating your own religion and going back to works and throwing out grace.

2ndpillar

You are not going to "escape death" (Jeremiah 31:30), nor have you escaped sin and its codependent disease. As for treatment of disease, it will be the leaves of trees which will be used for that purpose (Rev 22:2), which would be under the term herbal treatment. You may as well flog yourself, as did the king of France, for Yeshua was a maker of wine of fine quality, yet drank of a lesser variety, as at the last supper.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
How can immersion in water make you Ritually Pure?
Same way that having your period makes you ritually IMpure.
Essenes

"...the Essenes ritually immersed in water every morning
The one thing we can say about the Essenes is that they were very extreme in their pursuit of ritual purity.
I know you think Spiritual Israel are imposters. You thought Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ was an Imposter and you assert that the New Testament is not the inspired Word of Elohim/God.
Correct. There is no such thing as Spiritual Israel in our book.
You would have never heard of Christian Gnostics Being Obligated to obey the Law of Moses, because the Christian Gnosticism that Elohim/God has shown me has Differences from Traditional Christian Gnosticism.
Okay, so this belief is unique to you. That's fine, btw. But then, don't go and claim that "Christian Gnostics" believe it, since it is your personal thing.
In Traditional Gnosticism the Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament was created by another Evil Deity and Rejected.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing that. I can see the logic.
You won't see that Christian Gnostics are Obligated to obey the Law of Moses like Fleshly Jews because you believe that you have the greater commitment to do the Law.
Well, because Christian Gnostics are gentiles, and the Law was not given to the world, but to Israel.

Thank you for all your answers. This has been interesting. :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What is Israel?

According to the BBC this morning, 1,000,000
Palestinians are facing starvation in Gaza.
Half are children, 1/2 of whom are suffering
acute malnutrition (per The BBC).n

Israel is a country that does such things.
Israel is a country that denies what it does.

It all sounds very familiar.
True, Israel acts autonomously in the rape of Gaza rejecting all international pressure to change Israel's goals in Gaza.