• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
In the context of the scripture, the answer is yes. It is never presented as something good.

In keeping in line of what I am trying to say. I don’t mean we can’t have passion… we should be passionate but not passionate about things that are sin. Yes, we are tempted but the carnal man always yields to the temptation. Yes, we all experience sorrow, but God turns our sorrow into joy. God gives us all things to enjoy and we should have pleasure in enjoying it but there are carnal pleasures that lead to death. And, yes, this life is temporal

yes… we are spiritual.

It depends and what specifically you are talking about. If the “experience” is adultery, then ‘yes’ it is immoral. If it enjoying a good stake, it isn’t.

There are things that are benign. There are other things that for one it is sin and for another it is not (Rom 14).

Again… it just depends on what exactly you are referring to.

Again… Rom 14.
It is rarely taken to be a good thing and we do understand that we live without adequate understanding sometimes, but we also learn as we go, so it's not necessarily bad, it's just that we are required to understand our needs before we are able to claim a right way for ourselves.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What do you think I'm saying?
That everything is truly recorded and comes from God but not all things are true. Example: It is truly recorded that Aaron made a golden calf but it is not true that it was the god that delivered the Jewish nation

Overcoming the World is the same as Overcoming the Carnal Nature.

\

But that wasn’t the point I made. As scripture said, there are carnal Christians which was my point.
I Am in Total agreement with everything from Genesis to Revelation.

If I understand what you are saying, I agree.
Paul is teaching what Aspiring Christians Must do to get In Christ/Messiah. Given that Christ/Messiah is Not Carnal how can you be In Christ/Messiah and be Carnal? Do you agree that a Christian is Anointed?

You haven’t addressed that Paul said “Ye are carnal”.

But I agree with every truth from Genesis to Revelation and the God inspired the whole of the Bible
Matthew 11:8

8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.

I agree with everything truth from Revelation to Genesis and that God inspired all of the Bible
Hebrews 7:5
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Who do you consider Greater, John the Baptist or Moses?

Matthew 11:11
Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Is the Son of Man Greater than John the Baptist?

Or course

Kenny

Premium Member
It is rarely taken to be a good thing and we do understand that we live without adequate understanding sometimes, but we also learn as we go, so it's not necessarily bad, it's just that we are required to understand our needs before we are able to claim a right way for ourselves.
I am fully aware that it is a journey. Our greatest room in our spiritual house is room for improvement.

However, it would be a “bad thing” if it was adultery.

Of course, if it were a baby Christian, I wouldn’t call the baby Christian ‘carnal’ for it is just a babe and we give it milk, change the dirty diapers of errors and keep loving them until they grow up.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I am fully aware that it is a journey. Our greatest room in our spiritual house is room for improvement.

However, it would be a “bad thing” if it was adultery.

Of course, if it were a baby Christian, I wouldn’t call the baby Christian ‘carnal’ for it is just a babe and we give it milk, change the dirty diapers of errors and keep loving them until they grow up.
Adultery would be unsatisfying for sure. Then again, many marriages are unsatisfying, and some are even worse than unsatisfying. I guess we choose our battles and base our decisions on what constitutes an appropriate environment.

Kenny

Premium Member
Adultery would be unsatisfying for sure. Then again, many marriages are unsatisfying, and some are even worse than unsatisfying. I guess we choose our battles and base our decisions on what constitutes an appropriate environment.

Forget that you can divorce first and the fact that, if you have children, you destroy their lives… who cares? After all, marriage is about nothing but satisfaction of self and not about sacrifice and love.

Kenny

Premium Member
Hamas only exists in response of 70+
years of brutal Israeli apartheid.
But even so, Israel chooses to primarily
use dumb bombs to take out groups
of people & buildings, instead of
soldiers to target the enemy. Why?
Israel openly plans to send the
surviving Palestinians to Africa,
& take Gaza for Israeli settlers.
Hmmmmmmmm…..

no

Hamas, militant Palestinian nationalist and Islamist movement in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that is dedicated to the establishment of an independent Islamic state in historical Palestine. Founded in 1987, Hamas opposed the secularapproach of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, rejected attempts to cede any part of Palestine, and embraced the use of violence, including acts of terrorism, as a means to achieve its goals. See Israel-Hamas War of 2023 for an overview of the October 7 assault on Israel from the Gaza Strip by Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) that resulted in more than 1,200 deaths, primarily Israeli citizens, making it the deadliest day for Israel since its independence.

From its foundation, Hamas rejected negotiations that would cede any land. The group denounced the 1993 peace agreement between Israel and the PLO and, along with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) group, subsequently intensified its terror campaign using suicide bombers.

They don’t want a two-state settlement… they want it all.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Forget that you can divorce first and the fact that, if you have children, you destroy their lives… who cares? After all, marriage is about nothing but satisfaction of self and not about sacrifice and love.

It's about all these actually. Satisfaction, self, sacrifice, love, family, spouse, and kids if you have any. Divorce is irrelevant - Can you ever truly divorce your family?

Kenny

Premium Member
It's about all these actually. Satisfaction, self, sacrifice, love, family, spouse, and kids if you have any. Divorce is irrelevant - Can you ever truly divorce your family?
I guess it is all defined by the worldview that we hold.

And, yes, people have divorced their whole family. Fathers that have left and never came back and nev er were involved

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I guess it is all defined by the worldview that we hold.

And, yes, people have divorced their whole family. Fathers that have left and never came back and nev er were involved
The problem here is extreme stereotyping one belief system, ie atheism, as product of a bad relationship with the father when this is a common negative social factor in all religions and belief systems that may lead to an increases attachment to Father figures in any religion.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From its foundation, Hamas rejected negotiations that would cede any land. The group denounced the 1993 peace agreement between Israel and the PLO and, along with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) group, subsequently intensified its terror campaign using suicide bombers.

And this is exactly what some people either don't get or just don't care about-- especially anti-Semites. And yes, they are very much still around and probably always will be.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Israel took all Jews out of Gaza and turned Gaza over to the Gazans in around the year 2006.
But didn't give them control.
Gaza was & is effectively a concentration camp.
No one in Africa would take the Gazans, including Egypt. As for dumb bombs, Hamas used dumb missiles, of which many just fell back into Gaza. The Israeli artillery and bombs do not land willy nilly. They are targeted weapons, which strike pretty near where they are targeted. Israel uses precision weapons to shoot down the Hamas missiles targeted at Jewish civilian target, for which shooting intentionally at civilians is what is known as terrorism.
Your posts offer complaints (some genuine,
some bogus), but they do not justify genocide
of Palestinians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmmmmmmmm…..

no

Hamas, militant Palestinian nationalist and Islamist movement in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that is dedicated to the establishment of an independent Islamic state in historical Palestine. Founded in 1987, Hamas opposed the secularapproach of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, rejected attempts to cede any part of Palestine, and embraced the use of violence, including acts of terrorism, as a means to achieve its goals. See Israel-Hamas War of 2023 for an overview of the October 7 assault on Israel from the Gaza Strip by Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) that resulted in more than 1,200 deaths, primarily Israeli citizens, making it the deadliest day for Israel since its independence.

What Hamas (& Palestinians) want is affected by
Israel's actions....which are the reason for Hamas's
existence & agenda. Israel has yet to try ending
apartheid, land theft, settler violence, & human
rights violations of Palestinians. Exterminating
Hamas & massacring civilians will only create
a new Hamas.

Until Israel, USA, Jews, & Christians face the need
to treat Muslims as equal human beings, conflict
will endure.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
People who are not in the situation Israel is can afford to speak in such stereotypical ways, but what if it was their daughter who was abducted and raped and their village which was attacked and they the recipient of missiles that threatens to kill more of their populace and destroy more of their homes?

IOW, talk is cheap when some blame the victims and ignore the fact that Iran is the head of the octopus and Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, the Houthis, etc, that are its tentacles. I wonder how brave these people would be if they were surrounded by hostile forces set on destroying them and taking their land?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People who are not in the situation Israel is can afford to speak in such stereotypical ways....
You're not in that situation either,
yet your posts are full of prejudicial
stereotypes against Palestinians.
You ignore their situation.
....but what if it was their daughter who was abducted and raped and their village which was attacked and they the recipient of missiles that threatens to kill more of their populace and destroy more of their homes?
What if your daughter were arrested without
charge, & tortured while imprisoned without
trial? What if Jewish settlers shot you, & stole
your land for themselves? What if they murdered
15,000 children? What if their soldiers sexually
assaulted your daughter? I imagine that even you
might consider rising up against your oppressor.

Your posts consider only the paranoid vengeful
Israeli / Jewish perspective....no empathy for the
order of magnitude more Muslims they've killed
& now try to starve. You ignore their plight as
being deserved for being who & where they are.
IOW, talk is cheap when some blame the victims and ignore the fact that Iran is the head of the octopus and Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, the Houthis, etc, that are its tentacles. I wonder how brave these people would be if they were surrounded by hostile forces set on destroying them and taking their land?
You often speak of being the good Christian.
This appears to be "Kill them all, & let God
sort them out."
Israel is not defending itself. It is committing
genocide under the pretense of "war".

2ndpillar

You often speak of being the good Christian.
This appears to be "Kill them all, & let God
sort them out."
Israel is not defending itself. It is committing
genocide under the pretense of "war".
Hamas has committed genocide under the banner and justification of Jihad. Kill a Jew and get 72 virgins in heaven. The God of Israel has promised to straighten it out (Zechariah 14), and Jerusalem's neighbors are going to take the brunt of the stick. The result is that Edom/Essau, the actual father of the Arabs, whose land is Edom (area of southern Jordan, and home of Petra, the birthplace of the god of Islam (Alah)), is going to lose everything, and the boundaries of Israel will be extended (Habakkuk) beyond the land given to Jacob/Israel.

Kenny

Premium Member
And this is exactly what some people either don't get or just don't care about-- especially anti-Semites. And yes, they are very much still around and probably always will be.

I am flabbergasted at how much it is out there! There is so much effort in trying to “create racism” where there isn’t by highlighting a few examples when anti-Semitism is so apparent and so obvious and everywhere! We should put our efforts where the real problem is at.

Kenny

Premium Member
What Hamas (& Palestinians) want is affected by
Israel's actions....which are the reason for Hamas's
existence & agenda. Israel has yet to try ending
apartheid, land theft, settler violence, & human
rights violations of Palestinians. Exterminating
Hamas & massacring civilians will only create
a new Hamas.

Until Israel, USA, Jews, & Christians face the need
to treat Muslims as equal human beings, conflict
will endure.
you have it backwards, What Israel wants (peace) is affected by terrorists actions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hamas has committed genocide under the banner and justification of Jihad. Kill a Jew and get 72 virgins in heaven.
Hamas has attacked, but not committed
genocide per the 1948 UN definition.
Genocide Convention - Wikipedia
The God of Israel has promised to straighten it out (Zechariah 14), and Jerusalem's neighbors are going to take the brunt of the stick.
If it existed, the "God of Israel" would be a
depraved killer. But this genocide of Palestinians
is due to its followers, disciples of Jesus, & the
Chosen People. They alone are responsible for
their deadly acts.

The result is that Edom/Essau, the actual father of the Arabs, whose land is Edom (area of southern Jordan, and home of Petra, the birthplace of the god of Islam (Alah)), is going to lose everything, and the boundaries of Israel will be extended (Habakkuk) beyond the land given to Jacob/Israel.
This perfectly illustrates how religion
is not just the mind killer, but can also
be a killer of humans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
you have it backwards, What Israel wants (peace) is affected by terrorists actions.
Israel's people & government want peace,
but their focus is on oppression, brutalization,
theft, human rights violations, & vengeance.
They've been attacking & oppressing Muslims
for 70+ years, & peace is the constant casualty.