• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the watchtowers Jesus?

djhwoodwerks

There was one truth and the apostles did not deviate from it. Everyone had to adhere to this one truth. After the apostles died, Christianity went completely off the rails. When Christendom was formed with the introduction of Roman Catholicism in the 4th century, they deviated big time from what Jesus taught. If you think the apostasy didn't happen, then think again. The "weeds" that Jesus foretold did not spring up only a hundred years ago.

You should read all the epistles and tell us what the "truth" was the apostles didn't deviate from.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the wt has the "truth" why should anything change?
Haha. I think I came from a smarter planet.
SOMETIMES when the gb decides* that things need adjusting they do it. Who will do it when they really, actually ARE 144,000?
What if they die before every possible question gets an answer?

*without the rest of the 144,000

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know the answer. Will you call on me? :D

The question:
This was taken off their website 10 minutes ago. They have the exact same beliefs as the wt, so why did the wt "break away"? The IBS still use the "Studies in the scriptures" just as the wt does, why did the wt "break away" from them
I know the answer.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
SW, I call on you, what is your answer! LOL!!
It isn't the Bible Students who split from the Watchtower. I think it is the other way around (though I can be wrong). The Bible Students were perhaps obeying this; 1 Peter 5:6 and the Watchtower broke away when they took the role of the faithful and discreet slave. That MAN would ever be called that by God is something the Bible Students could not swallow. It is missing from the list. Isn't it?

I think I agree with the Bible Students dogma.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

1Thes 4:16 (NWT) 15 For this is what we tell YOU by Jehovah’s* word,+ that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord*+ shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; 16 because the Lord* himself will descend from heaven+ with a commanding call, with an archangel’s+ voice and with God’s trumpet,+ and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.+

Who is the watchtowers Jesus?

Who is 1Thes 4:16 referring to? Jesus correct? This is the verse the wt uses to try and prove "Jesus" is an angel, correct? Please visit jw.org and read that verse in their reference Bible. Notice the asterisk after the word Lord where it says, "because the Lord Himself will descend with a commanding call", who is that Lord referring to? Jesus, correct? Click on that asterisk and see what it tells you.

Footnotes

• “The Lord,” אABVg; J7,8,13,14, “Jehovah.”

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself!

djhwoodwerks

It isn't the Bible Students who split from the Watchtower. I think it is the other way around (though I can be wrong). The Bible Students were perhaps obeying this; 1 Peter 5:6 and the Watchtower broke away when they took the role of the faithful and discreet slave. That MAN would ever be called that by God is something the Bible Students could not swallow. It is missing from the list. Isn't it?

I think I agree with the Bible Students dogma.

Yes, my question was, why did the wt break away from the IBS if they were uncovering all the lies by Christendom.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s+ voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.+ 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds+ to meet the Lord+ in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord.+ 18 So keep comforting one another with these words.

My lord does not come with an asterisk.

You are right! I have my Bible. That is what it says. Jehovah. But they teach that it is Jesus. VERY confusing! They keep the people confused. I am becoming sure that it is on purpose.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that I was an average JW and I did not know about the Bible Student religious association so I think the average JW does not know about them. I am as certain as can be that the Bible Students know about the JWs.

I think @Deeje is right about one thing. I think the Bible Students should make themselves known to people. Nobody from the Bible Students found me to warn me about the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Hi Deeje. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post. But it seems most of what you said reinforces what I said. You do however give the watchtowers reasons for thinking as they do. As far as blood transfusions? A man from my area was married to a woman who became a JW. They were in a motorcycle accident. He needed a blood transfusion. He was not a JW. Wife who was refused this life saving procedure for her non JW husband. She let him die. Her conversion proved deadly to her husband.

His family should sue her for wrongful death.

David1967

Premium Member
*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***
7 Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4)

*** w93 9/15 p. 22 They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep ***
But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy. (Compare John 6:66-69.)

There is no place to go for salvation except the wt org, we can't even go to Jesus for salvation. Notice the reference verses, they compare the governing body to Jesus Himself.

I had a JW fellow coming to my house a few years ago for bible study. I actually enjoyed it although I disagreed with him on most things. One day we were studying and I commented that according to scripture if he were relying on anything besides faith in Christ he was falling short of the message of Christ. He still tried to make his case for the necessity of becoming a JW. Anyway no more bible study.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I agree. She killed her husband by withholding medical aid.

I am always amazed at the conclusion jumping that goes on in some threads....gold medals should be issued.

Why do you assume that he died because she refused blood on his behalf? Is that what the media told you? Do you know what his wishes were? Perhaps she did and refused on his behalf. Perhaps the doctor was not up to speed on the latest techniques and did little to offer alternatives. Some doctors are just stubborn as mules and will do what they have always done...no one is going to tell them any different.
My mother is not a JW and she would not have a blood transfusion simply on medical grounds. She is up to speed on the dangers and the overuse of this often harmful procedure.

Please watch the following video if you haven't already seen it on the other thread.

https://www.blood.gov.au/media

This is an Australian Government website, nothing to do with JW's. It shows what happens in the body when 3 units of blood are given to a patient compared to what happens when a volume expander is administered. See for yourself. Analogous blood hinders oxygen delivery to the vital organs and cells....the very opposite of what was assumed to take place.

The media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. Shouldn't we all have learned this by now?

You swallow the line that "blood saves lives" because this is what has been believed for decades....sometimes people die because they have a blood transfusion. Will you ever see that on your evening news? Doctors can bury their mistakes.

There is a hug paradigm shift now in the use of blood in medicine. It is NOT the life saving procedure it was once thought to be. People need to wake up, because the medical profession is.

David1967

Premium Member
I am always amazed at the conclusion jumping that goes on in some threads....gold medals should be issued.

Why do you assume that he died because she refused blood on his behalf? Is that what the media told you? Do you know what his wishes were? Perhaps she did and refused on his behalf. Perhaps the doctor was not up to speed on the latest techniques and did little to offer alternatives. Some doctors are just stubborn as mules and will do what they have always done...no one is going to tell them any different.
My mother is not a JW and she would not have a blood transfusion simply on medical grounds. She is up to speed on the dangers and the overuse of this often harmful procedure.

Please watch the following video if you haven't already seen it on the other thread.

https://www.blood.gov.au/media

This is an Australian Government website, nothing to do with JW's. It shows what happens in the body when 3 units of blood are given to a patient compared to what happens when a volume expander is administered. See for yourself. Analogous blood hinders oxygen delivery to the vital organs and cells....the very opposite of what was assumed to take place.

The media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. Shouldn't we all have learned this by now?

You swallow the line that "blood saves lives" because this is what has been believed for decades....sometimes people die because they have a blood transfusion. Will you ever see that on your evening news? Doctors can bury their mistakes.

There is a hug paradigm shift now in the use of blood in medicine. It is NOT the life saving procedure it was once thought to be. People need to wake up, because the medical profession is.

Sorry, but I'm from a fairly small town. The media doesn't enter the picture.

djhwoodwerks

Is the Jesus of the Bible a "unique" person? Isn't He "one of a kind"? Has there ever been, or will there ever be another like Him? Is it possible to take one person or thing and make it "unique"?