• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Here Is Unlightened?

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Fail to understand much around you?
Go thru life making bad choices, knowing that better ones are available to you?
Misread other people?
Find you're regularly misread by other people?
Indulge yourself instead of exercising discipline?

I know I am!
What other signs of unlightenment are there?

An unlightenment parable:
Two enlightened monks pass each other on a narrow path. Each glances knowingly at the other, saying nothing because they already know.
Two unlightened dolts pass each other on a narrow path. One farts. The other laughs, & murmurs "That Wirey".

Oy! Look no further, I - the unenlightened - am eager to serve!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Is unlightened synonymous with unenlightened? Do we need a clear definition? Unlightened seems like if it's the opposite of lightened, then it's like darkened, or if light is actually referring to weight, then it's heavyened, or to have made heavy. This is heavy.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps it is the opposite of alight. To unlight therefore is to jump and fly away.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Maybe. Maybe not.

What unsmooths me is how trolls ungo along, take a couple stabs at a new thing, then uncome off to allow the rest of us poor unmasters to clean it up.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm the most unenlightened person on this board. I'm so unenlightened that I both think Badran is a buddha, and I'm insufferably proud of my great insight into his spiritual state. Worse, the whole and entire reason I think he's a buddha is because he's better looking than me. That's how unenlightened I am.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Bump for newbies who wish to declare their unlightenment.....

Hey, that's me!

I wish to declare my lack of enlightenment.

I'm such a poor study in every possible academic or practical endeavor I cannot reasonably be called human by anyone's standard.

I can, however, make a pretty good Georiga Peach. The secret is to float a little Grand Marnier on top, and never stop at just three.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm so unlightened, sometimes people refer to me as the Bud-duh.