• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Here Is Unlightened?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Shameless bump for us unlightened ones......

Unlightenment is lower in calories than enlightenment.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Shameless bump for us unlightened ones......

Unlightenment is lower in calories than enlightenment.
So is enlightenment full of empty calories? (I never guessed that sunyata could be fattening!) :oops:
Unlightened Buddha:
main-qimg-e0b1a897dcf5d322f7f61ee0032d0db8-c

Enlightened Buddha:
chinese-buddha-statue.jpg.jpg

Ho Tei must be really enlightened!:
hotei-yellin2-bizen.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So is enlightenment full of empty calories? (I never guessed that sunyata could be fattening!) :oops:
Unlightened Buddha:
main-qimg-e0b1a897dcf5d322f7f61ee0032d0db8-c

Enlightened Buddha:
chinese-buddha-statue.jpg.jpg

Ho Tei must be really enlightened!:
hotei-yellin2-bizen.jpg
Tis easy to discern which of those fellows is "en" or "un".

Araceli Cianna

I thought once I'd experienced enlightenment, which all the enlightenment-believers would then tell me it wasn't 'real' enlightenment, but it was to me at the time. Then everything that could go wrong in my life did and I realised I wasn't enlightened and never will be because enlightenment doesn't exist and is just another biochemical reaction that gives us a feeling of clarity and maybe associated visions.

So yeah, consider me unlightened. And I'm happier for it!

Milton Platt

Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Fail to understand much around you?
Go thru life making bad choices, knowing that better ones are available to you?
Misread other people?
Find you're regularly misread by other people?
Indulge yourself instead of exercising discipline?

I know I am!
What other signs of unlightenment are there?

An unlightenment parable:
Two enlightened monks pass each other on a narrow path. Each glances knowingly at the other, saying nothing because they already know.
Two unlightened dolts pass each other on a narrow path. One farts. The other laughs, & murmurs "That Wirey".

It has been said that ignorance is bliss....and I'm fairly happy, so............

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am not nearly as enlightened as I used to be. But I figure if I cut back on the beer and step up the exercise I should be down to my former svelte self in no time.

Bob the Unbeliever

Had me a laugh, reading this. Took me several posts before I realized how old this thread was.

Question: Is it possible to go so far into unlightened, to strive too much, such that you achieve un-unlightenment? Is it truly on an unbounded finite envelope? Or is there no possibility of reaching the limits of the original unlightment?

I'm unfused here-- the opposite of fused, which, clearly, is the opposite of confused.

Now I think I just blew a 50 amp fuse, trying to sort that out...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Had me a laugh, reading this. Took me several posts before I realized how old this thread was.

Question: Is it possible to go so far into unlightened, to strive too much, such that you achieve un-unlightenment? Is it truly on an unbounded finite envelope? Or is there no possibility of reaching the limits of the original unlightment?

I'm unfused here-- the opposite of fused, which, clearly, is the opposite of confused.

Unlightenment is best achieved by expending little effort.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ahhhhhh.....

Mr. Holder explains da-fine nuances of un- enlightenment and enlightenment in a unique refreshing crisp and clean style that illuminates the sacred path of achieving un-enlightenment as we all happily ride the wheel of samsara into the sunset for which we can all strive to someday follow in his footsteps.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Like I said earlier in this thread, a dim bulb won't blow out if it is never turned on or plugged in!

Shrew

Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Misread other people?

I know I am!
What other signs of unlightenment are there?
Dude, you describe me so very perfectly... it's as if you knew me all my life.:rose:

bubbleguppy

Serial Forum Observer
I left a loaf a bread's worth of breadcrumbs in my girlfriend's bed without cleaning them up. That must be unenlightened.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Misread other people?
Huh?