• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Here Is Unlightened?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Fail to understand much around you?
Go thru life making bad choices, knowing that better ones are available to you?
Misread other people?
Find you're regularly misread by other people?
Indulge yourself instead of exercising discipline?

I know I am!
What other signs of unlightenment are there?

An unlightenment parable:
Two enlightened monks pass each other on a narrow path. Each glances knowingly at the other, saying nothing because they already know.
Two unlightened dolts pass each other on a narrow path. One farts. The other laughs, & murmurs "That Wirey".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps the two best aspects of unlightenment are:
- No study is needed.
- Low expectations by others.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are you unlightened?

Definitely. Often I am in the dark, even. Literally so.

Do you:

What is this "much" you talk about?

So I did tell you about my favorite sports teams? I thought I did not.

Misread other people?

I prefer to think of it as a chronic, epidemic lack of skill in making themselves understood by me.

Same net effect, much less trouble for the ego.

Yes. But that, of course, is because they are completely unskilled at understanding me. Entirely their fault, I assure you.

Only because I want to. I think.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Not to spill water on anyone's fire, but if you went into this thread expecting to read about "reaching a higher consciousness and awareness' only because your mind was too lazy and misread the title to be "who here is enlightened," then you are un-enlightened.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not to spill water on anyone's fire, but if you went into this thread expecting to read about "reaching a higher consciousness and awareness' only because your mind was too lazy and misread the title to be "who here is enlightened," then you are un-enlightened.
We, the unenlightened, are prone to spilling things too, so spill away!
I tend to trip a lot too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I thought I was unenlightened.....and then I realized the hood of my robe was down covering my face.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Misread other people?

I know I am!
I'm definately unlightened. :cool:

Two enlightened monks pass each other on a narrow path. Each glances knowingly at the other, saying nothing because they already know.
Two unlightened dolts pass each other on a narrow path. One farts. The other laughs, & murmurs "That Wirey".
crossfire-albums-emoticons-picture4116-fart.gif

I've been wanting to find a good place to park this smiley! Thanks!

Kerr

Are you unlightened?
Do you:
Misread other people?

I know I am!

I am actually completely enlightened. So I am better then you, because enlightenment is better then unenlightenment! Do you feel inferior? Because you are!

EDIT:

Just so everyone knows... yes, I posted a very unenlightened post on purpose :p.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am actually completely enlightened. So I am better then you, because enlightenment is better then unenlightenment! Do you feel inferior? Because you are!
This would make you a failure at unlightenmient, which is a very hard thing to fail at.
So I feel unferior.

apophenia

Rev,
You are not 'naturally' unlightened. We all know that you use a lot of bacon. I'm guessing that if you stopped taking bacon, you would revert to being lightened. Perhaps it is not so much unlightened, as 'pignorant' ?

I have always been a lightweight. I am not ashamed to admit it. But I am not interested in being unlightened if I have to take a dangerous substance to get there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rev,
You are not 'naturally' unlightened. We all know that you use a lot of bacon. I'm guessing that if you stopped taking bacon, you would revert to being lightened. Perhaps it is not so much unlightened, as 'pignorant' ?

I have always been a lightweight. I am not ashamed to admit it. But I am not interested in being unlightened if I have to take a dangerous substance to get there.
Bacon leads us where it will.
I have no hambivalence about it.

apophenia

Face the fats. Your claim to unlightenment is just an adipose. You are just driven by subcutaneous impulses. Like so many of the 'fakin' with bacon' crowd, you assume that you have transcended your feet because you can't see them. But this is just disingenuous blubber. Wake up and smell the green coffee !

No hambivalence ? That's a porkind of rationalisation.

Titanic

Well I stay spaced-out a lot from some far out activites... So I am probably unenlightened.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Face the fats. Your claim to unlightenment is just an adipose. You are just driven by subcutaneous impulses. Like so many of the 'fakin' with bacon' crowd, you assume that you have transcended your feet because you can't see them. But this is just disingenuous blubber. Wake up and smell the green coffee !

No hambivalence ? That's a porkind of rationalisation.
You're making rasher statements.
You aren't ribbing me, are you?