• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who created universe ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's how it seems from my perspective

The truth is not a matter of numbers, the truth is not a democracy

I don't know for sure, but I carry on my life as though it is

Ahh, right, faith, good honest answer

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The difference though, Ken, is in all three you are still human. You're role doesn't change Who you are just your role depending on the person you interact with.

A deity isn't a spirit. A spirit isn't a man of flesh and blood. Each deity (being), spirit (say love and grace), and human being (jesus) have totally different natures. The nature not their name makes them totally different persons. Spirit doesn't create, but connects the believer to the creator. Jesus doesn't create but his flesh dies so believers can be with the creator. The creator isn't human, and the spirit doesn't talk.

So the names/roles father, husband, granddaddy are just names to the same person with different roles. The idea of christianity is different natures for different roles but trinitarians say that's the same person (making it a bit more confusing than it needs to be). But generally, your analogy doesn't fit the trinitarian view of spirit is jesus is god-three natures, three roles not one nature, three roles.
Yes, :) It IS amazing what God can do to redeem mankind and still abide by the very rules the He placed into being. He really DID see the end from the beginning! :)

PS... when I wrote the three names, I wasn't referencing anything else except three names that are in the TaNaKh.

ecco

Veteran Member
He really DID see the end from the beginning! :)

If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew Adam and Eve would disobey him.

If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew he was going to wipe out almost all of humanity because He didn't like the way they turned out (even though He knew, from the beginning how they would turn out).

Yet, somehow you think His actions are "amazing"...
Yes, :) It IS amazing what God can do

I see nothing amazing in killing everyone if you knew from the beginning that you were going to kill everyone. I'd call that PPP.

ETA: Pi$$ Poor Planning

Kenny

Premium Member
If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew Adam and Eve would disobey him.

If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew he was going to wipe out almost all of humanity because He didn't like the way they turned out (even though He knew, from the beginning how they would turn out).

Yet, somehow you think His actions are "amazing"...

I see nothing amazing in killing everyone if you knew from the beginning that you were going to kill everyone. I'd call that PPP.

ETA: Pi$$ Poor Planning

Very myopic IMO as well as a victim mentality.

If someone knew that in the line of their lineage there would be 5% amazing people that would help humanity, 10% that would make a enormous contribution 70% of great people, 10% so so people and 5% bad people, I think they would still have a family.

Do you have a family?

If you also knew that life on earth is very temporal anyway and you made a way so that eternally they would still be blessed even if they were bad, most would even more so have a family.

Great planning since The Lamb of God was crucified from the foundation of the world.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, :) It IS amazing what God can do to redeem mankind and still abide by the very rules the He placed into being. He really DID see the end from the beginning! :)

PS... when I wrote the three names, I wasn't referencing anything else except three names that are in the TaNaKh.

They say the torah doesn't say spirit or Christ just god. One person. One nature. How did you get three outside the gospels?

Kenny

Premium Member
They say the torah doesn't say spirit or Christ just god. One person. One nature. How did you get three outside the gospels?
One but three?

Elohim - plural

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

(How is it the God says, "and his Spirit"?)

Isaiah 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

(why does it the the "Spirit of the Lord" instead of just Lord?

Psalm 110:1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

So, which is God? The first Lord or the second Lord? And who is David's Lord?

It in and around all the scriptures.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Unbiased view?

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Come to me, hear this. I have not spoken secretly from the begining. From the time that it was, there I am. Now the lord god and "his" spirit, has sent me.

The lord god-his spirit. God is a spirit with the title of lord (title of royalty and authority). The nature of god is his spirit.

Isaiah 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

Who has directed the spirit OF the lord who has taught him.

Two beings would be spirit "and" the lord not spirit of him. So, it sounds like god is a deity with whom talks but its nature is spirit not a person of flesh?

A deity.

Psalm 110:1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Don't see how this has more than one person.

Sounds like it's saying god is a spirit. They call him god because of his nature as a deity and lord because of title of authority.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Ya gotta luv people who still try to play the "impossible odds" game.

YOU are the result of 1 in 100,000,000 sperm impregnating your mother's egg. YOUR father is the result of 1 in 100,000,000 sperm impregnating his mother's egg. HIS father is the result of 1 in 100,000,000 sperm impregnating his mother's egg.

In just three generations YOU exist because of a 1 in 100,000,000^3 possibility. Since you are so good with numbers, you can figure out the odds of you existing just going back 2000 years to the time of your Christ.

If you do, you will see that it is statistically impossible that YOU exist.

Please do let us know the results.

All I'm saying is that it is an open question. There are no slam dunks either way for the fine tuning argument. The universe is not a sperm and the initial conditions of the universe had to be that specific for us to be here.

So for your argument to work that means there are universes frequently coming into existence with a variability range as large as the number that I mentioned from Penrose, and perhaps a larger number then that. And that would make it an ordinary occurrence.

I still think it is highly unique occurrence. I wouldn't take the universe as an automatic inevitability.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Well, who created universe ?

The universe wasn't created. The universe changed from what it was into what it is.
The universe is always changing from what it was to what it is. There is no reason to think there was ever a time this was not the case. This change is caused by the four fundamental forces of the universe. There is no need or reason to look elsewhere for an explanation.

Kenny

Premium Member
Come to me, hear this. I have not spoken secretly from the begining. From the time that it was, there I am. Now the lord god and "his" spirit, has sent me.

The lord god-his spirit. God is a spirit with the title of lord (title of royalty and authority). The nature of god is his spirit.

Yes... God is a Spirit but when the word "and" is placed is speaks of plurality. Additionally, "has sent me" speaks of a third which is explained below.

"Psalm 110:1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

If God is Lord... to which Lord did He speak of? And to whom will He make to sit at the right hand? Jesus intimated that it referenced himself which, when he spoke that statement to a group of people, they didn't want to answer.

The issue stems from Genesis 1 and, again, Jesus makes reference to it when he said the thief doesn't enter through the front door. Legally God stipulated to exercise authority in the earth, it must be a man since He gave dominion over the earth to man.

When The Word came as a man and regained the authority that Adam lost, God now has the legal right and authority to exercise dominion as Lord over all without violating His parameters that He set from the beginning. In addition, He now delivers back the authority to mankind as if they were never separated from Himself. And again, as with Adam, we get to either exercise the authority or give authority back to Satan until the appointed end.

And again, the easiest example I can think of where my puny brain (as compared to God's) can understand it, is that man is also a tri-part being - each separate, separate functions, separate materiality and yet still one.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
The universe wasn't created. The universe changed from what it was into what it is. The universe is always changing from what it was to what it is. There is no reason to think there was ever a time this was not the case.
An origin of the water is sea. Water evaporates into the sky in the form of clouds... Further, falls on the mountains in the form of snow... Further, melts down into the rivers.. Further, again start running back towards the sea.. Further, sets back into its origin to repeat the same process once again.

Now, consider yourself a drop of water.
During the Whole-journey from its Origin(Sea) -to- Sky -to- Rivers and then again back to its Origin(Sea). Drop isn't capable to Think about its origin.

Similarly, we own-self is the part (drop) of this universe.
During our Journey from Origin -to- Life and then back to Origin. We aren't capable to Think about our Origin. :)