• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Created Evolution?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
wow, total opposite reasoning to me. I find it necessary to prove why an unguided, blind chance cause is required and is responsible and needed for intelligence in living creatures to become.

From a scientific point of view, that really makes no sense. How would one go about finding 'unguided, blind chance cause' and replicating it in an experiment?
What you are talking about sounds more theological/philosophical. Which is fine, but not science.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
wow, total opposite reasoning to me. I find it necessary to prove why an unguided, blind chance cause is required and is responsible and needed for intelligence in living creatures to become.
I have not made that claim.
You, however, made the claim that an "intelligent cause" is needed.

So, are you done diverting and ready to explain?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
No, not Darwin. God created evolution. Darwin may have noticed some things like cross breeding and adaptation, called it evolution, and after a few puffs of the wacky weed, decided people came from monkeys. But for whatever part of evolution is true, God created at the time of creation. God created both the visible and invisible. The systems of the life cycle are a part of the creation; adaptation, survival of the fittest, luck, winning. The things people call evolution.

Collosians 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

It can mean many different things certainly, Genesis describes a progression where animal life begins in the ocean and culminates with mankind- lucky guess or not..

most would agree with you on 'evolution' as describing life merely changing as planned , but Darwin's particular Theory of Evolution generally requires belief in a purely random process as the primary driver of change, which is a far less common position.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
From a scientific point of view, that really makes no sense. How would one go about finding 'unguided, blind chance cause' and replicating it in an experiment?
What you are talking about sounds more theological/philosophical. Which is fine, but not science.
So no intelligent cause remains a belief, in the face of DNA coding, and functional tools of living bodies existing.

intelligence is evident, why remove it from the reason for living creatures existing.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I have not made that claim.
You, however, made the claim that an "intelligent cause" is needed.

So, are you done diverting and ready to explain?
The existence of DNA, the tool parts of biological life.

why remove the obvious logic of evidence?

You simply can't get anything functional without intelligence behind it.

crude yet sophisticated intelligence.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The existence of DNA, the tool parts of biological life.

why remove the obvious logic of evidence?

You simply can't get anything functional without intelligence behind it.

crude yet sophisticated intelligence.

back to argument from incrudelity....

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So no intelligent cause remains a belief, in the face of DNA coding, and functional tools of living bodies existing.

intelligence is evident, why remove it from the reason for living creatures existing.

Science isn't about unfalsifiable beliefs. Hence, methodological naturalist here.
You can argue whatever you like, I'm not even saying you are wrong (although I think you are). I am merely saying that it's not science.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Science isn't about unfalsifiable beliefs. Hence, methodological naturalist here.
You can argue whatever you like, I'm not even saying you are wrong (although I think you are). I am merely saying that it's not science.

[wholesale returns of conjecture, out of a trifling investment of fact]- was Mark Twain's characterisation of science

But how would you define it? what are the characteristics that you find most compelling?

gnostic

The Lost One
Have you any scientific data to demonstrate that your god exists and that he created something, or do you only have quotes from an old collection of stories? Otherwise, you are just spinning your wheels by posting this.
Kemoslaby is spinning something...perhaps he's high on LSD.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
well a multifunctional hand, and an eyeball is not incredulous evidence.

a simple knife has intelligent cause.

I thought an evolutionist would have explanation of evidence of no intelligent cause in evolution other than a blanket statement, and just saying no way. and that's it.
If there is no evidence of intelligence operating in evolution, that is all science can say. However, it can say something about unguided, natural causes and it does.

Natural selection is the cause.

Many people have the erroneous idea that evolution is completely blind and purely chance. I have read statements to that effect several times on this thread alone. This idea indicates that variation occurs randomly and the results expressed by the variation is random. Under that notion you would have just as good a chance to have eyes on your face as you do to have thumbs there. Or so it would go if the process were completely random.

The theory of evolution states that random variation is acted on by nonrandom selection to drive the evolution of living things. Because of the nonrandom action of natural selection, it appears as if there is the actions of an intelligence.

A mutation occurs in a bacteria that allows it to utilize a new food source that was previously unavailable to it. If that food source isn't in the environment, the bacteria with the mutation has no advantage and the mutation won't fix in the population. There is no selection. If that food source is available in the environment, then having the mutation can be an advantage and can be selected for. Examples of this have been demonstrated in the field with the discovery of bacteria that now exist to digest nylon--a man made substrate--and in the laboratory with E. coli with the evolution of citrate utilization in the experiments of Richard Lenski.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If there is no evidence of intelligence operating in evolution, that is all science can say. However, it can say something about unguided, natural causes and it does.

Natural selection is the cause.

Many people have the erroneous idea that evolution is completely blind and purely chance. I have read statements to that effect several times on this thread alone. This idea indicates that variation occurs randomly and the results expressed by the variation is random. Under that notion you would have just as good a chance to have eyes on your face as you do to have thumbs there. Or so it would go if the process were completely random.

The theory of evolution states that random variation is acted on by nonrandom selection to drive the evolution of living things. Because of the nonrandom action of natural selection, it appears as if there is the actions of an intelligence.

A mutation occurs in a bacteria that allows it to utilize a new food source that was previously unavailable to it. If that food source isn't in the environment, the bacteria with the mutation has no advantage and the mutation won't fix in the population. There is no selection. If that food source is available in the environment, then having the mutation can be an advantage and can be selected for. Examples of this have been demonstrated in the field with the discovery of bacteria that now exist to digest nylon--a man made substrate--and in the laboratory with E. coli with the evolution of citrate utilization in the experiments of Richard Lenski.
Dawkins covers the whole idea rather well in The Selfish Gene.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have had a copy of that book for over 10 years and I have yet to read it. I have so much to read and so little time to do it. Now I have another reason to bump it in the queue.
It is perhaps his best book. It was well before his religious rants - if that helps.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Go
No, not Darwin. God created evolution. Darwin may have noticed some things like cross breeding and adaptation, called it evolution, and after a few puffs of the wacky weed, decided people came from monkeys. But for whatever part of evolution is true, God created at the time of creation. God created both the visible and invisible. The systems of the life cycle are a part of the creation; adaptation, survival of the fittest, luck, winning. The things people call evolution.

Collosians 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

God created evolutionism seems like an oxymoron. But I agree that God created all the laws of physics a well as laws for himself. The universe, the earth, the planets, the moon, the sun; they were all created us. I don't believe in luck or coincidence. His Will be done.