• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who caused Satan or the devil rebel

psychoslice

Veteran Member
On the surface it does seem odd except for the warning Jesus gave us at Matthew chapter 7 that MANY would come ' In His Name ' but prove false.

Clergy today, like the religious leaders of Jesus' day - Mark 7:1-7,13; Matthew 15:9 - often teaching church traditions or customs as if they are Scripture misleading the flock of God.
- Acts 20:29,30; 2nd Thess. 2:2-8

One way how Not to differ is by the Bible's own corresponding reference verses or passages thus showing the internal harmony of thought between its many writers.
There is some harmony, but you really have to search for it, over all its just a copy and past.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
According to Scripture everyone who died before Jesus' died do Not ever go to heaven.
- John 3:13 - Even King David - Acts 2:34 - and the faithful of old listed in Hebrews chapter 11 will never go to heaven, but they await the fulfillment of the promise - Hebrews 11 vs 13,39.
That promise is the promise God made to Abraham - Genesis 12:3; 22:18 - that all nations of earth will be blessed. They will be blessed with the healing or curing of earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2 when mankind on earth will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for righteous mankind.

As Jesus promised when referring to Psalm 37:11,29 that the humble meek will inherit [ Not heaven ] but will inherit the earth. That inheritance will take place during Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom reign over earth when Jesus will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill, and the sleeping dead will be awakened from death deep long sleep with the opportunity to live forever on a beautiful paradisaic earth.

Yeah...I've heard the drill....
Grew up in catholic schools....almost became a priest.

and the Carpenter said....Heaven is within you.

Looks like a statement contrary to your post.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you alright with the history of the Church and the history of Biblical translations and hold fast to your faith all the same then more power to you. But it seems to me that the different portions of the bible have several different contradicting messages as well as inconsistencies in the translations.

You're not alone in your thinking because of Christendom's terrible church history ( which began after 1st-century Christianity ended ) and seeming contradictions.
Can you think of one contradiction that you might have in mind?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yeah...I've heard the drill....
Grew up in catholic schools....almost became a priest.
and the Carpenter said....Heaven is within you.
Looks like a statement contrary to your post.

No, the former Carpenter did Not ever say: Heaven is within you.
I think you are referring to Luke 17:20,21 where Jesus is addressing his enemy Pharisees.
It does Not say heaven, but rather says: God's kingdom.......
We do Not pray Our Father who art in kingdom, but rather pray thy (God's) kingdom to come, Not praying that God's kingdom has already arrived. - Please see Luke 19:11-15
~Just as the ' Kingdom of England ' is a government headed by a King or Queen and
~just as the ' Kingdom of Jordan ' is a government headed by a King
~So, also is the ' Kingdom of God ' a real government headed by a King (Jesus)
Please notice Daniel 2: 34,35,44' Daniel 7:13,14
Jesus, as Prince of Peace, and King of God's Kingdom is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. - Isaiah 11:3,4; Rev. 19:11,15

Just because the church, and people like Deepak Chopra referring to what church leaders say, we can read and comprehend that Jesus is talking to the Pharisees at Luke 17:20,21.
Jesus does Not address his followers until verse 22. That is after he's done speaking to the Pharisees. Surely God's theocratic kingdom government was Not inside of the Pharisees.
Church leaders focus in on verse 20 and do Not teach or focus on to whom Jesus is speaking.
And apparently they are mixing the words heaven and kingdom as being the same word.
Even any dictionary will give the correct definition of heaven and kingdom.
So, you were very wise in your decision Not to become a priest becoming part of Christendom.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No, the former Carpenter did Not ever say: Heaven is within you.
I think you are referring to Luke 17:20,21 where Jesus is addressing his enemy Pharisees.
It does Not say heaven, but rather says: God's kingdom.......
We do Not pray Our Father who art in kingdom, but rather pray thy (God's) kingdom to come, Not praying that God's kingdom has already arrived. - Please see Luke 19:11-15
~Just as the ' Kingdom of England ' is a government headed by a King or Queen and
~just as the ' Kingdom of Jordan ' is a government headed by a King
~So, also is the ' Kingdom of God ' a real government headed by a King (Jesus)
Please notice Daniel 2: 34,35,44' Daniel 7:13,14
Jesus, as Prince of Peace, and King of God's Kingdom is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. - Isaiah 11:3,4; Rev. 19:11,15

Just because the church, and people like Deepak Chopra referring to what church leaders say, we can read and comprehend that Jesus is talking to the Pharisees at Luke 17:20,21.
Jesus does Not address his followers until verse 22. That is after he's done speaking to the Pharisees. Surely God's theocratic kingdom government was Not inside of the Pharisees.
Church leaders focus in on verse 20 and do Not teach or focus on to whom Jesus is speaking.
And apparently they are mixing the words heaven and kingdom as being the same word.
Even any dictionary will give the correct definition of heaven and kingdom.
So, you were very wise in your decision Not to become a priest becoming part of Christendom.

did you notice?.....the Carpenter never wanted a crown on His head...

Kolibri

As a human, before God's time for His Kingdom to begin to rule, yes, Jesus withdrew from people so they could not make him a king. (John 6:15)
However, he does certainly accept a crown later.

"And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest." - Re 6:2
"Then I saw, and look! a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was someone like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand." - Re 14:14

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I don't see it that way.....and I try not to add to His word anymore than I should.

Of Himself He did say.....brother and fellow servant.

Think about it....and then realize....
Should He look to you and say it again.....fine and good.

If not.....

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As a human, before God's time for His Kingdom to begin to rule, yes, Jesus withdrew from people so they could not make him a king. (John 6:15)
However, he does certainly accept a crown later.
"And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest." - Re 6:2
"Then I saw, and look! a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was someone like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand." - Re 14:14

Yes, Jesus would Not accept political office - John 17:16;18:36 - because Jesus would Not be part of the political affairs of his day. Also, Jesus' 1st-century followers were politically neutral as to the political affairs of the world, and Not even getting involved in the issues of the day between the Jews and the Romans. Matthew 12:30 is a good reason for neutrality because as Jesus said, ' Whoever is Not on my (Jesus) side, is against me (Jesus).....' making it clear any government on earth which was Not supporting God's kingdom government, and does Not encourage supporting the following of God's Word (Bible) standards is Not pro Jesus.

Jesus explained the government he was involved with was God's kingdom - Daniel 2:44
It would be impossible for anyone to have Jesus' self-sacrificing love - John 13:34,35 - and fight against your spiritual brothers and sisters living in another country. We are Not talking about being anti-government but about just how far should subjection to worldly authorities go. That answer is found at Mark 12:17 to give 'Caesar things to Caesar but God's things to God '. Absolute subjection belongs to God, whereas relative subjection belongs to Caesar. The Higher subjection belongs to God.

Remember in Eden mankind was given dominion over animal kind but Never over humans.
In other words, man was Not created to rule over other men because man-rule could never work out. As Ecclesiastes 8:9 mentions where man-rule was headed and still is ' Man dominates man to his hurt or injury '.

History has now shown man-rule, or people-rule, can Not bring about Peace on Earth.
Heavenly Jesus crowned as King (Ruler) of God's kingdom is the only one who can and will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. We are nearing the threshold of Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom rule over earth - Psalms 72:8,12-14; 37:11,29.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

While on earth Jesus was directing people back to God to be spiritual people.
The question of rulership developed or came up in Eden by Satan.
It was Satan who was ' ambitious in power ' who enticed Eve to make herself free from God.
Free from God as to be accountable to No one besides one's self.
Satan was raising, or bringing up, the question of rulership.
In the case of Job, Satan challenged that mankind would only serve God out of selfish reasons. No one would serve God under pressure. Touch our ' flesh ' (loose physical health - Job 2:4,5 ) and we would turn away from serving God. Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar.
The Law in Eden required that No law breakers can live forever.
For God to ignore sin would be unjust.
Even today when a person is set free, or goes free, because of a technicality people loose faith in who is ruling. The court system is set up so the Supreme Court can set a precedent for all other cases to follow, or be judged by. - A precedent set for all time.
To accomplish that precedent a ransom was needed - Matthew 20:28 - Adam lost human perfection, and because of father Adam we can not stop sinning. Because we can Not stop sinning we die. We can Not resurrect oneself or another, but Jesus, as crowned king of God's kingdom, can and he will resurrect the dead.- Rev. 1:18; 6:2; Psalm 21:3
So, during Jesus' 1000-year rule over earth, people will Not only be spiritually minded people, but also become perfectly sound-and-healthy, hale-and-hearty, physical people with the opportunity to live forever on earth.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

We know who caused Adam and Eve rebelled....the question about Who caused Satan to rebel is rather ignored or silent.
Yet there is much hype about the activity of Satan. It is true all power is in God, there is no power with out God.

The idea of Satan rebelling and being cast down, and now taking the position as an opposition against God is absurd. The question arises, can anyone or anything stand before the almighty.

It is my theory that the Satan and his angels are all part of Gods complete design, plan and purpose. Satan is playing his role in Gods plan and purpose.

The problem God has, is not with the role of Satan but the disobedient role of mankind.

Satan refused to bow down for people, God's new creation at the time. God was angry over that with Satan. Satan then went to prove to God that human beings are a worthless creature, God didn't agree with Satan doing that. God does not agree with the role of Satan of trying to prove that people are a worthless creation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
While on earth Jesus was directing people back to God to be spiritual people.
The question of rulership developed or came up in Eden by Satan.
It was Satan who was ' ambitious in power ' who enticed Eve to make herself free from God.
Free from God as to be accountable to No one besides one's self.
Satan was raising, or bringing up, the question of rulership.
In the case of Job, Satan challenged that mankind would only serve God out of selfish reasons. No one would serve God under pressure. Touch our ' flesh ' (loose physical health - Job 2:4,5 ) and we would turn away from serving God. Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar.
The Law in Eden required that No law breakers can live forever.
For God to ignore sin would be unjust.
Even today when a person is set free, or goes free, because of a technicality people loose faith in who is ruling. The court system is set up so the Supreme Court can set a precedent for all other cases to follow, or be judged by. - A precedent set for all time.
To accomplish that precedent a ransom was needed - Matthew 20:28 - Adam lost human perfection, and because of father Adam we can not stop sinning. Because we can Not stop sinning we die. We can Not resurrect oneself or another, but Jesus, as crowned king of God's kingdom, can and he will resurrect the dead.- Rev. 1:18; 6:2; Psalm 21:3
So, during Jesus' 1000-year rule over earth, people will Not only be spiritually minded people, but also become perfectly sound-and-healthy, hale-and-hearty, physical people with the opportunity to live forever on earth.

It was never an item of obedience....
It was always a point of intent and self discipline.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It was never an item of obedience....
It was always a point of intent and self discipline.

When a person breaks the law is that law breaking an act of disobedience to the law ?
There was only one law in Eden: Do Not eat from God's tree. That law was as if God put up a No trespassing sign on that one tree. How many trees are on earth? ___________ Out of all the trees on earth only one tree belonged to God, and God's law said Not to touch His tree.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
You're not alone in your thinking because of Christendom's terrible church history ( which began after 1st-century Christianity ended ) and seeming contradictions.
Can you think of one contradiction that you might have in mind?
I could list dozens. Many are inconsequential and a few are based in misunderstanding but there still are several left that are stark contradictions. This is one of my favorites as it has played a back and forth game on the laws of who can be held accountable.

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
When a person breaks the law is that law breaking an act of disobedience to the law ?
There was only one law in Eden: Do Not eat from God's tree. That law was as if God put up a No trespassing sign on that one tree. How many trees are on earth? ___________ Out of all the trees on earth only one tree belonged to God, and God's law said Not to touch His tree.

I don't see it as a law.
I lean to the notion it was a test (most people do).

However, my perspective is more to WHY the forbiddance?

I believe God made an alteration to the body and spirit of Man.
He did so, as it was obvious, with dominion in play....
Man was a creature able to overrun the planet BEFORE the spirit within him could 'gel'.

The Garden event was to alter Man's direction and 'quicken' his spirit.

Without that ability crossing over into the next life is not likely.
Man needed to be a creature of knowledge, including the difference of good and evil.

So...tell them....eat and you will die.....is not a statement of law and consequence.

It was a test to see if Man had become that creature curious beyond dying.

We did pass the test.
We ARE that creature.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I could list dozens. Many are inconsequential and a few are based in misunderstanding but there still are several left that are stark contradictions. This is one of my favorites as it has played a back and forth game on the laws of who can be held accountable.
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

First, Monk of Reason, thanks for not listing the dozens all at one time.

Deuteronomy was part of the Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel.

What is recorded at Isaiah 14 notice at verse 4 it says what is written is a proverb taunting against the king of Babylon. That Babylonian dynasty was a corrupted world power and what is recorded in chapter 14 is the downfall of Babylon. Jeremiah 50:13,22,23 mentions a great catastrophe in connection to Babylon being broken and an object of horror among the nations.
Jeremiah 51:36,37 adds it is God executing vengeance, the fearsome ruin of ancient Babylon,
which happened in 539 BCE. So, Isaiah 14:21 is the result of Babylon's badness and Not part of the Mosaic Law. There will also be a great ruin coming when ' Babylon the Great ' is destroyed. - Rev. 18:2 - to rid the earth of wickedness forever - Psalm 92:7

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
First, Monk of Reason, thanks for not listing the dozens all at one time.

Deuteronomy was part of the Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel.

What is recorded at Isaiah 14 notice at verse 4 it says what is written is a proverb taunting against the king of Babylon. That Babylonian dynasty was a corrupted world power and what is recorded in chapter 14 is the downfall of Babylon. Jeremiah 50:13,22,23 mentions a great catastrophe in connection to Babylon being broken and an object of horror among the nations.
Jeremiah 51:36,37 adds it is God executing vengeance, the fearsome ruin of ancient Babylon,
which happened in 539 BCE. So, Isaiah 14:21 is the result of Babylon's badness and Not part of the Mosaic Law. There will also be a great ruin coming when ' Babylon the Great ' is destroyed. - Rev. 18:2 - to rid the earth of wickedness forever - Psalm 92:7
So I can safely ignore parts of the bible? Or is it all "perfect"?

Self ambition,arrogance and pride caused Satan the Devil to rebel.He wanted to be worshipped and be like God.