• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who caused Satan or the devil rebel

upperroom

We know who caused Adam and Eve rebelled....the question about Who caused Satan to rebel is rather ignored or silent.
Yet there is much hype about the activity of Satan. It is true all power is in God, there is no power with out God.

The idea of Satan rebelling and being cast down, and now taking the position as an opposition against God is absurd. The question arises, can anyone or anything stand before the almighty.

It is my theory that the Satan and his angels are all part of Gods complete design, plan and purpose. Satan is playing his role in Gods plan and purpose.

The problem God has, is not with the role of Satan but the disobedient role of mankind.

Skwim

Veteran Member
We know who caused Adam and Eve rebelled....the question about Who caused Satan to rebel is rather ignored or silent.
Yet there is much hype about the activity of Satan. It is true all power is in God, there is no power with out God.

The idea of Satan rebelling and being cast down, and now taking the position as an opposition against God is absurd. The question arises, can anyone or anything stand before the almighty.

It is my theory that the Satan and his angels are all part of Gods complete design, plan and purpose. Satan is playing his role in Gods plan and purpose.
'Cause there's nothing more entertaining than to watch your creations struggle and suffer.

Oh yes, welcome to RF.

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Angels and Door Keepers to Heavens come down for a lot of reasons and then get into trouble. But one reason is firecrackers. Sometimes crackers scare the bad spirits away. But then, some Angels and Door Keepers love those firecrackers, spinwheels, Roman candles, sparklers (especially those great ones), smoke bombs - I mean, what kid doesn't? Welcome to RF. Do not hold in hand - strike fuse - run away.

a9826607c8fe83ff380fb0e468fa28e2.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to RF, upperroom. Hope you enjoy it here.
I'll leave any comments on your opinions for other threads.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you. Welcome.

[You have answered your own question. Since this is not discussion area, You are welcome to find answers in alislam.org (Ahmadiyya Muslims]

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The ArchDaimon Lucifer-Satan rebelled against God, the divine mindlessness, because it, God, could not tolerate independence of thought and will.

Welcome to RF which is abound with beings unbound from the law of "God". :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:
The ArchDaimon Lucifer-Satan rebelled against God, the divine mindlessness, because it, God, could not tolerate independence of thought and will.

Welcome to RF which is abound with beings unbound from the law of "God". :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Satan the devil rebelled because he wanted to be worshipped.

Lucifer is not satan.That is a huge misconception.All of these people who think they are worshipping satan are actually calling him by a name that does not belong to him to begin with.Lucifer is actually a title.It means light bearer in Latin.It comes from the original word in Hebrew "Hel el" meaning shining one.It refers to the Babylonian Dynasty led by King Nebuchadnezzar.This can be confirmed by reading Isaiah ch. 14,in it's entirety.

If one goes to Isaiah 14:12 it speaks of Lucifer. 12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer,[a] son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!

If you go to 14:16 it calls him a man.We all know that Satan is no man.He is a spirit form.Hence,Lucifer cannot be satan the devil. 16Those who see you stare at you,
they ponder your fate:
“Is this the man who shook the earth
and made kingdoms tremble,

for more confirmation you can go to 14:15 and see how it speaks of Lucifer going to the realm of the dead,which is the grave.Satan the devil as we all know is not reserved for the grave.He is reserved for the eternal lake of fire. 15But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,to the depths of the pit.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So we can clearly see that Lucifer is not satan the devil.

By the way satan and devil is not his name either.Satan means adversary.Devil means liar and slanderer.Theses are also titles.

Last edited:
Everyone has free will.Satan the devil caused himself to rebel.He refused to obey God.He wanted to be worshipped too.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Lucifer is not satan.That is a huge misconception.All of these people who think they are worshipping satan are actually calling him by a name that does not belong to him to begin with.Lucifer is actually a title.It means light bearer in Latin.It comes from the original word in Hebrew "Hel el" meaning shining one.It refers to the Babylonian Dynasty led by King Nebuchadnezzar.This can be confirmed by reading Isaiah ch. 14,in it's entirety.

If one goes to Isaiah 14:12 it speaks of Lucifer. 12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer,[a] son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!

If you go to 14:16 it calls him a man.We all know that Satan is no man.He is a spirit form.Hence,Lucifer cannot be satan the devil. 16Those who see you stare at you,
they ponder your fate:
“Is this the man who shook the earth
and made kingdoms tremble,

for more confirmation you can go to 14:15 and see how it speaks of Lucifer going to the realm of the dead,which is the grave.Satan the devil as we all know is not reserved for the grave.He is reserved for the eternal lake of fire. 15But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,to the depths of the pit.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So we can clearly see that Lucifer is not satan the devil.

By the way satan and devil is not his name either.Satan means adversary.Devil means liar and slanderer.Theses are also titles.

Yeah, we know how Lucifer came to be a title of Satan. Some of the Left Hand Path accept that and some don't. Depends on the person.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid

The problem God has, is not with the role of Satan but the disobedient role of mankind.
He Didn't. He's just a angel doing the business that God gave him to do (IE what we find in Job)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Satan the devil rebelled because he wanted to be worshipped.

As a Setian I honor the prince or Lord of Darkness in many of his names and forms, all of which like all other gods of other times and nations, have been created by men. Actually "Satan" (the rebel) is a title given to the Archangel Lucifer after his rebellion in heaven and eventual banishment. He is Lucifer who is exalted as Satan. The Prince of Darkness does not seek servants or worshippers but rather equals. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:
As a Setian I honor the prince or Lord of Darkness in many of his names and forms, all of which like all other gods of other times and nations, have been created by men. Actually "Satan" (the rebel) is a title given to the Archangel Lucifer after his rebellion in heaven and eventual banishment. He is Lucifer who is exalted as Satan. The Prince of Darkness does not seek servants or worshippers but rather equals. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
So I take it then you don't understand what I sent you.

Oh I understand it, I simply don't accept it as a truth. I am a Setian/Satanist, sir, not a Christian.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Oh I am well aware that you are not a Christian.The fact of the matter is that Lucifer is not satan's name.You and many others are incorrect.Whether you accept it or not,you are still incorrect.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Oh I am well aware that you are not a Christian.The fact of the matter is that Lucifer is not satan's name.You and many others are incorrect.Whether you accept it or not,you are still incorrect.

We're not bound by Christian interpretations. To us, it's the same being/force with many different names/titles and cultural guises. Satan, Lucifer, Prometheus, Set (in the Setian understanding of Set), Samyaza, the Serpent, Samael, Azazel and many others could be said to be the same being/force due to the similarity of the myths. Clearly rebel Gods who defy some other God and bring forbidden knowledge to humanity seem to be a common motif in world mythology.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Welcome to RF, I must say, I find that idea of satan and "god" as some sort of team playing roles pretty disturbing.
And yes, I'm aware that this belief is already extant, it's still disturbing.

roger1440

I do stuff
Lucifer believed it is “better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven”. He was blinded by his own light. He didn’t realize he was not the source of his radiance but a reflection of the light. Call it pride, arrogance whatever you like. He is the source of unrest. With pride our work is never finished. We always have to prove ourselves.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

It was a twist in logic.

God created Man a little less than the angels....Psalms.

He turned to the angelic and said...
Chase after him that he dah not his toe, nor his head.

One third of heaven said....
NAY!...that Man is less, he should be made to serve us!

A fight broke out....swords drawn.

One third of heaven lost their positions over an argument about something that looks like us.
They want us dead.
Two thirds of heaven lost their brothers for that same argument.
They not might care.

I am not expecting a greeting....with arms wide open.

I suspect the peace of heaven is guarded.
and to whom do we bear resemblance?

Last edited: