• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Yes. So much so and for so long now I can't remember anything boy about childhood. Other than being made to conform early. Then rebelling like a beast later. :D

Haha. I feel you and I may have a touch in common - trans female, Left Hand Path...................... I just wish my first post to you ever was saying something like "Hi" rather than jumping into a page about Communism. That's life I guess? :D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just some guy.

Sometimes, some guy is the best guy to be. :)

I am a child of God.

That's wonderful. :)

I go by Lee in the non-internet world. It's gender neutral therefore I don't need a feminine name for transitioning. My first name is embarrassingly masculine and I have dropped it, I gave it a funeral 15 years ago. I have informally been using Kera and Vickie on occasion but I'll not officially take them.

I used to be the perfect reject/outcast/misfit growing up. I've asserted myself in to the world around me deciding withdrawal and self-pity would have killed me young. I want to be a lovable long living person like Betty White, only gothier. :p

Did you really give the name a funeral?

I think Betty White would approve. I bet you could even convince her to try on some black lipstick... she seems like a pretty open person.

Viker

Häxan
Sometimes, some guy is the best guy to be. :)

That's wonderful. :)

Did you really give the name a funeral?

I think Betty White would approve. I bet you could even convince her to try on some black lipstick... she seems like a pretty open person.
Yes. I gave the abominant one a backyard funeral/farewell (massive pyre) and haven't looked back.

Betty would make an excellent goth!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. I gave the abominant one a backyard funeral/farewell (massive pyre) and haven't looked back.

Betty would make an excellent goth!

That is awesome...

Let's write Betty and see if she wants to play dress up sometime.

I have a whole wardrobe full of nice goth clothes stored in a tote that I'd have to lose at least 20 pounds to fit into again... :( I was going to just get rid of them but my husband wants me to keep them, just in case I fit into them one day. I think he's in denial.

Viker

Häxan
That is awesome...

Let's write Betty and see if she wants to play dress up sometime.

I have a whole wardrobe full of nice goth clothes stored in a tote that I'd have to lose at least 20 pounds to fit into again... :( I was going to just get rid of them but my husband wants me to keep them, just in case I fit into them one day. I think he's in denial.
Maybe he should try some women's goth chic.:p

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@JustGeorge - when I came to these forums, I was still getting hit pretty hard by health issues. But I did write a pretty long story about my life. I do believe I exaggerated a little or didn't explain things too overly well. I am posting the original story - the parts in bold are to correct myself where I kind of had little brain misfires and jumped to conclusions. But I think this is a pretty accurate story on my life:

I was born. I was unlike other kids. When I was 8, I learned where babies come from, and I would ask my mom "Where do babies come from?" just to make her squirm and give false answers. By 13, I was building robots and programming personal apps. I was quite a positive person and I spent my time collecting action figures. I was positive sometimes but not always. At age 14, my mom and dad started to argue about raising me, where to live, and what food to eat. The arguments became bitter and I would drowned them out with Linkin Park. In one argument, my mom said some hostile things which can be summed up as, "I do not care for him because he's not a Christian. He's your job." My dad was an atheist and he was good to me. He could also have been an agnostic even though my family considered him a moral man who acted good within a religious family. What I heard from my mom made me bitter. I hated life and started dressing like a punk rocker. I also dressed emo. I hated everything. I withdrew socially a bit, wouldn't even spend time with my grandma anymore. At 17 I was recovering and I got a job. It was a night job and the boss was the biggest bully you had ever seen. I left after 7 months feeling abused. By 17, my mom had gotten mildly more tolerable.

By age 20, I had a bit of an awakening. I found a website where I met two Unitarian Universalist Christians who were well-educated and good at debate. Blessed with wonderful educations. They made a huge impact on my life. Another year went by and on my 21st birthday, I had a strong headache. I think it was 21st but could have been 22nd. Upon the end of the headache, I started experiencing delusions and was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, changing my life. I also suspect I had developed a learning disorder. Keep in mind I wasn't just a genius previously but a beyond-genius. I no longer believe that "beyond genius" is the best term to use. Maybe near-prodigy. Now certain areas of my brain didn't function the best. At age 24 my dad experienced a sudden death which was really a side effect of him not getting regular checkups. My dad kept the family sane with his fair views and strong opinions. With him gone, my family slumped into a further form of 700 club style ideas. I was a Christian at this point, but that didn't make me all that compatible with them. After my dad died, I had my first homo relationship, even though I figured out by age 18 I was bi. At age 25, I dated a woman who was Christian but also more or less into the occult. I had *kind of* gotten into it too. One night we attempted to meet each other in spirit and I'm not sure we did, but some weird stuff that is hard to describe did happen. So this was an online relationship and every night, we would do this well spiritual "thing" that would seem to get us closer, whatever it was.

When me and her met for a first date, she said "Your voice sounds unintelligent." I said "It's due to my Schizophrenia." She said "It's quite unattractive, and too much for me at this time." and she left. By 30 I had realized that I had achieved the impossible: by aiming for the heavens in improving my condition, I became a bit of a functional human being. I consider myself more functional now, but felt I was overoptimistic here in this statement.

The paranormal:

I've had strange, bizarre occurrences in my life. I once had a spirit seem to keep harrassing me until I bought a book on bringing spirits to the beyond. I did a deliverance of sorts and either I gained peace on the matter or the spirit did, because it was no more. Upon doing so, I asked my mom, "I'm crazy, aren't I?" She said "Maybe not. I have a confession to make. As a kid, I was into the occult. I got into it after we lived in an old house a year after a murder took place . And I may have opened a door or two." My mom was into witchcraft. I'm thinking, "WHAT?" Later on my grandma told me, "Your mom is a Christian now who keeps you on a leash and protects you, I know. But as a kid, she was wild."

Now the worst part of it all? My mom wanted to hide all of this from me, but had to tell me as soon as I experienced weird things happen. So here I was. A person with a connection to the spirit world.

And this spirit connection and the stress of my job at the time, even though I liked the job, caused me to start overdosing on caffeine. By the time I had like X amount of caffeine always swimming through my bloodstream, I was seeing ghosts, demons, angels. And things were becoming cartoon like. So I had a breakdown, a soft, gentle one but one where I was delusional. It was actually more a moderate breakdown. The headache at age 21. Diagnosis with Schizophrenia. Learning disorder.

At age 28 when being mentally reviewed by someone, I found out I could memorize and recite the value of pi to a pretty insane level, yet I couldn't remember what I ate the day before for breakfast. I could solve some high level math, yet not tie a specific knot that was of an intermediate skill level. This was at a psychologist that wanted to do a thorough job of testing me. There were reasons why. This was after my crash.

Other notes: The label on my illness has changed a few times. Also, I'm doing better these days. They now think that my condition might be temporary and improving, but that I could still have to be on medicine the rest of my life because the risk of things getting worse and jeopardizing my health is just too great to play around with it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge - when I came to these forums, I was still getting hit pretty hard by health issues. But I did write a pretty long story about my life. I do believe I exaggerated a little or didn't explain things too overly well. I am posting the original story - the parts in bold are to correct myself where I kind of had little brain misfires and jumped to conclusions. But I think this is a pretty accurate story on my life:

You've had quite a life!

RestlessSoul

I am a 29 year old corporate lawyer, who often fantasizes about abandoning my career for a priestly-ascetic life of mystical contemplation that would, however (since I have never lacked ambition), hopefully still result in me one day owning a nice penthouse....in the Vatican.

I think it's a little bit confusing being me, to be honest, for that reason, as I feel pulled in two contrary directions in life a lot of the time.

I'm guessing you have some difficulty reconciling yourself with Matthew 6; 24-5? I'm sure you'll find a way, though. Good luck on your journey.

Ps. I don't think you can actually own a flat in the Vatican. But you could live there, and that would constitute a considerable blessing. I imagine it would feel a bit like having one foot in heaven.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am Brahman which constitutes all things in the universe.
Carry on, Kit-Kat. Live for today and for future. Don't let any ghosts worry you (current illness, former illness, etc.).

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, who are you?

Tell me in terms that are meaningful for you, and in ways that match your own worldview or understanding.

There is no wrong answer.
I am a barely functioning alcoholic geek who just likes collecting stupid figures and pretty editions of books that I will (hopefully) read

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have schizophrenia so that sucks. I'm almost done my degree (1 more year), and my degree is computer science. I believe in God and his Oneness, and that we ought to live for God and love God above all else. I believe in revelation of Mohammad (s) as well as his Messengership which includes his Sunnah. I believe in the best lady Fatima (a) and the Twelve Successors of Mohammad (s).

I have compassion for all humans, but only love good people. I have a special hate for oppressors and their supporters but temper it by discipline.

I play soccer, hockey, volleyball and basketball. Some other sports, but those are the main ones.

I work out at the gym and currently with a home gym because of Corona. I love to swim as well.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Ps. I don't think you can actually own a flat in the Vatican. But you could live there, and that would constitute a considerable blessing. I imagine it would feel a bit like having one foot in heaven.

I must admit (for clarification!), that I was being tongue-in-cheek and not serious with that last point about the 'penthouse' in the Vatican thingy (kind of a dramatic, exaggerative and facetious poke at how self-contradictory I feel, at times, given my present life and the kind of one I sometimes feel called to. I guess, I was satirizing myself.) :)

But, everything else I said and the fundamental 'dichotomy' I find myself in - a kind of crossroads - is from the heart and true.

Thank you kindly for the well wishes, may God bless you likewise friend :praying:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I am a Jew.

I am a link in a sacred chain that extends back into history, exists with strength in the present and reaches forward into the yet unrealized future.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I am Brahman which constitutes all things in the universe.
Carry on, Kit-Kat. Live for today and for future. Don't let any ghosts worry you (current illness, former illness, etc.).

We seem to have a few Brahmans on this thread... :D

I am a barely functioning alcoholic geek who just likes collecting stupid figures and pretty editions of books that I will (hopefully) read

What kind of figures do you collect?

I have schizophrenia so that sucks. I'm almost done my degree (1 more year), and my degree is computer science. I believe in God and his Oneness, and that we ought to live for God and love God above all else. I believe in revelation of Mohammad (s) as well as his Messengership which includes his Sunnah. I believe in the best lady Fatima (a) and the Twelve Successors of Mohammad (s).

I have compassion for all humans, but only love good people. I have a special hate for oppressors and their supporters but temper it by discipline.

I play soccer, hockey, volleyball and basketball. Some other sports, but those are the main ones.

I work out at the gym and currently with a home gym because of Corona. I love to swim as well.

That's awesome you have a home gym. My ties were cut with the gym way back in April last year...

I am a Jew.

I am a link in a sacred chain that extends back into history, exists with strength in the present and reaches forward into the yet unrealized future.

Beautifully put.

PearlSeeker

I know my name, nationality, religion, sex, hobbies, memories etc. But is this who I am? I mean really, in essence. Still working on this...

Maybe the best answer for now is: I am a part of whole. A stone in mosaic.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I know my name, nationality, religion, sex, hobbies, memories etc. But is this who I am? I mean really, in essence. Still working on this...

Maybe the best answer for now is: I am a part of whole. A stone in mosaic.

My own opinion is your 'best answer' probably hits a whole lot closer than any of your previous suggestions. :) And its well put...

I’m finally happy - at peace - in just being. There’s a freedom when you stop struggling to be what others expect of you, and just live as you.

There is a big struggle for many of us to be a human being, not a human doing.

I love collecting statues/figures of God. I have many already and know I will buy more. Collecting stuff is so human, it's fine :D

What have you got so far?