• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, sure. Some unenlightened, some enlightened. Both Brahman along with their Brahman pets, since there is nothing other than Brahman.
Some Indians always address other people as 'Brahman' instead by name or calling 'you'. Quite endearing, shows respect to other people, sometimes also fun.Yeah, that is a good answer, Brahman.Those who fight are stuffed animals, stuffed with various things.

I can see how that would be fun...

"I sit in my Brahman house with my Brahman cats, and eat my Brahman food..."

But not so much as to become a Brahman stuffed animal, I hope.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
You'd be surprised on most people assuming they need pants... Seen a man awhile back shopping at the Family Dollar without them. He did have on boxers, and honestly, with as many problems as that store seemed to attract a quiet shopper who forgot his pants probably wasn't that troublesome for staff.

So, one time when I was shopping at Super Target, I saw a young woman in the store who I thought for a second was wearing the tightest brown trousers that I had ever seen. Then, as she turned to a different shopping aisle with her cart, I noticed that she was only wearing two things: a shirt and some boots. As to whether she was wearing a thong or was totally bottomless, I don't know because she was quickly out of sight and I averted my eyes due to the unseemliness. As a heterosexual man, I like the female form, but what that young woman was doing was downright trashy and unattractive.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
So, one time when I was shopping at Super Target, I saw a young woman in the store who I thought for a second was wearing the tightest brown trousers that I had ever seen. Then, as she turned to a different shopping aisle with her cart, I noticed that she was only wearing two things: a shirt and some boots. As to whether she was wearing a thong or was totally bottomless, I don't know because she was quickly out of sight and I averted my eyes due to the unseemliness. As a heterosexual man, I like the female form, but what that young woman was doing was downright trashy and unattractive.

Wow! I'd expect that at a Wal-Mart, but not a Target! That is... well, exceptional. At least the man at our Family Dollar was covered...

I wonder what goes through their heads.

atanu

Premium Member
A virtual construct created by my brain.

The "I" is the brain itself but we create a virtual interface through which the brain experiences reality.
At the same time the brain creates a representation of itself toward which all these experiences are happening.
When we go to sleep or are otherwise unconscious that interface shuts down.

So I am basically a software app that the brain is running while it is conscious.
https://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/damsio.pdf

You are an app that has self-consciousness. I wonder what our IA enthusiasts are doing? Are they just trying to replicate you (and me)?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I can see how that would be fun...

"I sit in my Brahman house with my Brahman cats, and eat my Brahman food..."

But not so much as to become a Brahman stuffed animal, I hope.
Any stuff is Brahman, including stuffed animals.

As I see it, any "stuff" is an appearance in Brahman.

"Stuff" is temporary. Brahman is immutable.

Nothing that appears in vyavaharika is mine, including Salix. I'm simply using it for a while.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You are an app that has self-consciousness. I wonder what our IA enthusiasts are doing? Are they just trying to replicate you (and me)?

I suppose that will be the ultimate test, whether we can replicate human consciousness.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How did you come to settle in Mexico?

Thanks for asking.

As I alluded, we had become disaffected with American life and began looking at other options around 2004 for our retirement years. The part of Mexico we settled on offered good weather, a beautiful tropical environment, a happy people, and good prices. As I said, it's a simple, uncomplicated existence in a pretty place (not me in the photo).

23608_1408246894628_8059766_n.jpg
23608_1408246934629_1421867_n.jpg
23608_1408247254637_4158654_n.jpg

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Well, who are you?

Tell me in terms that are meaningful for you, and in ways that match your own worldview or understanding.

There is no wrong answer.
I am immortal! Therefore, all my grand plans will be achieved. I sometimes mistake this with “I’m invincible!” And get myself into a world of hurt

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for asking.

As I alluded, we had become disaffected with American life and began looking at other options around 2004 for our retirement years. The part of Mexico we settled on offered good weather, a beautiful tropical environment, a happy people, and good prices. As I said, it's a simple, uncomplicated existence in a pretty place (not me in the photo).

23608_1408246894628_8059766_n.jpg
23608_1408246934629_1421867_n.jpg
23608_1408247254637_4158654_n.jpg

You have a beautiful home...

That's a bad habit maya have. :(

We've all got a bad habit somewhere...

I am immortal! Therefore, all my grand plans will be achieved. I sometimes mistake this with “I’m invincible!” And get myself into a world of hurt

Immortal and invincible have such a fine line between them...

I am in the process of getting to know myself and hope that this process does not stop, for that would be the same as being stagnant in terms of my growth as a human being.

:)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I am in the process of getting to know myself and hope that this process does not stop, for that would be the same as being stagnant in terms of my growth as a human being.

:)

I suspect you won't have to worry about it stopping... for most, as soon as they get to know themselves, they find they change again!

I suspect you won't have to worry about it stopping... for most, as soon as they get to know themselves, they find they change again!

Agreed. Life is that way in many ways... the moment you think you have control something happens to take things out of your control... or you solve the current problem only for the next one to arise.