• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What have you got so far?
(Including ones I've ordered that haven't come yet),

6x Inpu
3x Horu
2x Sekhmet
2x Bast
2x Hat-Hor (one statue idk who it's meant to be but I treat it as Hat-Hor).
2x Osiris
2x Khepri
1x Ra

I also have 3 Inpu candle holders and 3 Bast candle holders.

:D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

6x Inpu
3x Horu
2x Sekhmet
2x Bast
2x Osiris
2x Khepri
1x Ra

That is quite a collection. Awesome!

Gargovic Malkav

6x Inpu
3x Horu
2x Sekhmet
2x Bast
2x Osiris
2x Khepri
1x Ra

Are there deities/aspects you avoid, or are they all welcome in your collection?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, I was curious about that.
He's one of the more famous deities and saw he was missing from your collection.
Knowing what he's associated with I understand your doubts though.
I just read today that in the original myth of the contendings of Horu and Set, it ended in a reconciliation. Certain Pharaohs had Set as their patron God so he clearly wasn't seen as hopelessly evil. There's another myth where the Gods recruit him to help defeat the evil serpent Apep, too.

Deidre

My own opinion is your 'best answer' probably hits a whole lot closer than any of your previous suggestions. :) And its well put...

There is a big struggle for many of us to be a human being, not a human doing.

What have you got so far?
Love that! Human being not human doing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My dream ideal human as a kid: "Eat. Sleep. Sports."

And maybe add to that Legos.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a 67 year old retired white male American expat living in the mountains of Mexico on a lake some 12 years now, happily married 31 years, we're nuts about our two dogs and like to volunteer for and underwrite local dog shelters. I graduated medical school in 1981 and practiced internal medicine until 2009. I was also a hospice medical director for about ten years.

I'm a secular humanist, meaning also an (agnostic) atheist, and liberal. I'm also a disaffected American who sees himself as having and needing no country. Since retirement, my world has become very contracted and local by design, meaning that we don't travel much any more, and we go most places that we go on foot - kind of like childhood.

I've had two significant hobbies. I began playing electric guitar in the Army at 18, and have several years experience playing in small groups in restaurants and coffee houses, with my wife being our bass player.

The other significant hobby is contract bridge, which I taught in our bridge club for 6+ years until it closed for the pandemic.

In case anybody's interested, here are Eddie, Lumpy, and The Cleavers (the three of us and an electronic drum machine) doing a happy, playful song everybody knows. First, you hear Lumpy on vocals and whistling with me noodling on the guitar, then I sing, then some more electric guitar noodling, then we suddenly stop as my wife announces that we don't know how to end the song. LOL. Lumpy and I can't agree on what the lyrics are.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My stuffed animals were always fighting some of them were good and some of them evil (I made a battle story in my head every time I played with them).

Each time you played, were the evils ones always evil, and the good ones always good, or did they take turns?

I'm a 67 year old retired white male American expat living in the mountains of Mexico on a lake some 12 years now, happily married 31 years, we're nuts about our two dogs and like to volunteer for and underwrite local dog shelters. I graduated medical school in 1981 and practiced internal medicine until 2009. I was also a hospice medical director for about ten years.

I'm a secular humanist, meaning also an (agnostic) atheist, and liberal. I'm also a disaffected American who sees himself as having and needing no country. Since retirement, my world has become very contracted and local by design, meaning that we don't travel much any more, and we go most places that we go on foot - kind of like childhood.

I've had two significant hobbies. I began playing electric guitar in the Army at 18, and have several years experience playing in small groups in restaurants and coffee houses, with my wife being our bass player.

The other significant hobby is contract bridge, which I taught in our bridge club for 6+ years until it closed for the pandemic.

In case anybody's interested, here are Eddie, Lumpy, and The Cleavers (the three of us and an electronic drum machine) doing a happy, playful song everybody knows. First, you hear Lumpy on vocals and whistling with me noodling on the guitar, then I sing, then some more electric guitar noodling, then we suddenly stop as my wife announces that we don't know how to end the song. LOL. Lumpy and I can't agree on what the lyrics are.

Interesting time! How did you come to settle in Mexico?

I can respect the idea of no country. Ideally, I think that would be my preference.

Song's pretty good!

I'm two people: Quagmire, and this other guy who's main purpose in life is to make sure Quagmire can always get online.

I'm also Naykidape, but that's another story.

That sounds like it would get complicated. Too many mouths to feed. And way too many shoes. Though I suppose Naykidape doesn't need them...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Neither does Quagmire, and a lot of the time neither do I. :p

Unless you're living in the snow, I really can't think of a good reason for shoes. I keep a pair in my van in case I have to go in somewhere that requires them, but otherwise the only thing they do is make your feet soft and squishy, and that seems like a disadvantage to me. Who wants to step on glass with soft squishy feet?

The businesses have it all wrong, anyways. I don't understand why they have signs requiring shoes, but are so lax on pants...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Unless you're living in the snow, I really can't think of a good reason for shoes. I keep a pair in my van in case I have to go in somewhere that requires them, but otherwise the only thing they do is make your feet soft and squishy, and that seems like a disadvantage to me. Who wants to step on glass with soft squishy feet?

The businesses have it all wrong, anyways. I don't understand why they have signs requiring shoes, but are so lax on pants...

That's one of the things I love about summer: from the middle of May until October I never have to wash a pair of socks unless I feel like it. Unless there's like, you know, a wedding or something.

I do wear sandals though.

The businesses have it all wrong, anyways. I don't understand why they have signs requiring shoes, but are so lax on pants

I think they have rules about that too. I think they probably just assume most people don't need to be told that they do. :D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That's one of the things I love about summer: from the middle of May until October I never have to wash a pair of socks unless I feel like it. Unless there's like, you know, a wedding or something.

I do wear sandals though.

I think they have rules about that too. I think they probably just assume most people don't need to be told that they do. :D

I go 'in feet'(as my son calls it) probably April-November, when cold/snow makes it difficult. It is nice not to have to deal with sock laundry. The stinkin'(literally) things get lost too easy.

You'd be surprised on most people assuming they need pants... Seen a man awhile back shopping at the Family Dollar without them. He did have on boxers, and honestly, with as many problems as that store seemed to attract a quiet shopper who forgot his pants probably wasn't that troublesome for staff.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We seem to have a few Brahmans on this thread... :D
Yeah, sure. Some unenlightened, some enlightened. Both Brahman along with their Brahman pets, since there is nothing other than Brahman.
Some Indians always address other people as 'Brahman' instead by name or calling 'you'. Quite endearing, shows respect to other people, sometimes also fun.
Maybe the best answer for now is: I am a part of whole. A stone in mosaic.
Yeah, that is a good answer, Brahman.
My stuffed animals were always fighting some of them were good and some of them evil (I made a battle story in my head every time I played with them).
Those who fight are stuffed animals, stuffed with various things.

Last edited: