• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I spent my early life kind of as an unhappy boy, very smart, but not very emotionally intelligent. Prior to age 20, I'd say I looked a bit emo, or Beatles, at least when I was clean-shaven. I hung out with a crowd as a teenager that pretty much did everything for me and I didn't have to lift a finger.

I soon realized that adult life was much harder. After I crashed on booze and outrageous amounts of caffeine, I started listening to Newsboys as part of my recovery, and I rethought my life. I needed to start doing things that made me happy, I realized, rather than be a miserable person and repeat history all over again and have another crash. I thought hard about what I wanted to do with my life.

Somewhere along the way, I realized I had gender dysphoria. Now there were some signs early in life that I could end up wanting to be a girl. But of course, I ignored them all. As I said in another thread, I feel transitioning is like a bit of a new life for me. I get to be the girl I want to be. As far as who inspires me goes, I know it sounds crazy, but I really fangirl Avril Lavigne and Billie Eilish.

I also have to take life a little slower these days as I now have a mental handicap, possibly caused by the boozing and caffeine. However, while I do take my life a bit head-on even these days, how can one truly say "I'm transitioning but taking life slow as a snail" after all, I'm still not taking life quite as quickly as I did.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Aham Brahmasmi.
I am Brahman.

Whaddya' know! Me too! ;)

I spent my early life kind of as an unhappy boy, very smart, but not very emotionally intelligent. Prior to age 20, I'd say I looked a bit emo, or Beatles, at least when I was clean-shaven. I hung out with a crowd as a teenager that pretty much did everything for me and I didn't have to lift a finger.

I soon realized that adult life was much harder. After I crashed on booze and outrageous amounts of caffeine, I started listening to Newsboys as part of my recovery, and I rethought my life. I needed to start doing things that made me happy, I realized, rather than be a miserable person and repeat history all over again and have another crash. I thought hard about what I wanted to do with my life.

Somewhere along the way, I realized I had gender dysphoria. Now there were some signs early in life that I could end up wanting to be a girl. But of course, I ignored them all. As I said in another thread, I feel transitioning is like a bit of a new life for me. I get to be the girl I want to be. As far as who inspires me goes, I know it sounds crazy, but I really fangirl Avril Lavigne and Billie Eilish.

I also have to take life a little slower these days as I now have a mental handicap, possibly caused by the boozing and caffeine. However, while I do take my life a bit head-on even these days, how can one truly say "I'm transitioning but taking life slow as a snail" after all, I'm still not taking life quite as quickly as I did.

You've had an interesting life! :heart: If you had to say who you are now, independent of your past, who would you say you are today?

There are so many ways to answer this question,
But for the sake of simplicity, I'm Gargovic Malkav.

I get that. Myself, I'm just George.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah. I go by Grace. I dislike my first name.

Me too.

My name's legally Krista. I've always felt weird when people called me by my name, though... it kind of builds up this uncomfortable feeling for me. Not sure why. For awhile, I'd introduce myself as Krista(which no one could ever remember, and would say Kristy, or Krystal) and say "but you won't remember it, so call me George". And a few would, but most would attempt, and just called me Kristy.

After awhile, I just started skipping sharing my name, and would say "just call me George." I got some funny looks, but I'm no stranger to funny looks.

I met someone else named Krista once. She was bubbly, and flowery, feminine and funny. She seemed like a Krista to me. In my mind, George fits my personality.

Why do you ask?

In real life, people who want employees ask this question.

Who said I wasn't looking for employees?

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Me too.

My name's legally Krista Saylor. I've always felt weird when people called me by my name, though... it kind of builds up this uncomfortable feeling for me. Not sure why. For awhile, I'd introduce myself as Krista(which no one could ever remember, and would say Kristy, or Krystal) and say "but you won't remember it, so call me George". And a few would, but most would attempt, and just called me Kristy.

After awhile, I just started skipping sharing my name, and would say "just call me George." I got some funny looks, but I'm no stranger to funny looks.

I met someone else named Krista once. She was bubbly, and flowery, feminine and funny. She seemed like a Krista to me. In my mind, George fits my personality.

Who said I wasn't looking for employees?
That's the exact same issue I have with my first name, aside from the fact no-one can say it right even though it's the exact same as Emily. And forget spelling it correctly.

Gargovic Malkav

Now I'm tempted to reveal my true name too, but fear my biological father might find out I'm on here when I do such a thing.
And when he does I think it's a likely possibility he's going to stalk and harass me. :(

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Now I'm tempted to reveal my true name too, but fear my biological father might find out I'm on here when I do such a thing.
And when he does I think it's a likely possibility he's going to stalk and harass me. :(
Don't bother.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

I'm sorry that's a worry for you....

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Since I'm transgender, I kind of get to select my transgender name. I've thought long and hard about this. I wanted something familiar. So my girl name is.... Kate. And no, I'm not going with Kat - that name makes me sound 19 and it was the name of Ariana Grande's goofy fictional character in the show Sam & Kat. But just my posting as KAT-KAT and people calling me KAT kind of brings familiarity to the name Kate for some reason, for me.

People can call me Kat on the forum though. To me, using first names tends to imply that I know someone real well, and in cases where we just talk a bit on the forum.... well, I'm not there yet. I'd rather use people's first names to address them when the moment feels really, really genuine. That way, it means something really sincere.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Since I'm transgender, I kind of get to select my transgender name. I've thought long and hard about this. I wanted something familiar. So my girl name is.... Kate. And no, I'm not going with Kat - that name makes me sound 19 and it was the name of Ariana Grande's goofy fictional character in the show Sam & Kat. But just my posting as KAT-KAT and people calling me KAT kind of brings familiarity to the name Kate for some reason, for me.

People can call me Kat on the forum though. To me, using first names tends to imply that I know someone real well, and in cases where we just talk a bit on the forum.... well, I'm not there yet. I'd rather use people's first names to address them when the moment feels really, really genuine. That way, it means something really sincere.

A name can have a certain intimacy, its true.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
A virtual construct created by my brain.

The "I" is the brain itself but we create a virtual interface through which the brain experiences reality.
At the same time the brain creates a representation of itself toward which all these experiences are happening.
When we go to sleep or are otherwise unconscious that interface shuts down.

So I am basically a software app that the brain is running while it is conscious.
https://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/damsio.pdf