• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Privilege Conference

esmith

Veteran Member
No sure if any of you have heard of Progressives Today; However they seem to think that
Democrats today are controlled by, and answer to, the most radical elements of their party. Yet, with cover generously provided by the mainstream media, progressives are able to push their influence in the shadows. And they have no shame.
They recently sent undercover reporters to the White Privilege Conference. Now when you think about the real radical left this group could be the poster child. I will include links to part 1 and 2 of their report. For you that consider yourselves liberal-progressives I don't think that most of you are as radical as this group. Discussion?

Part 1 of 4 White Privilege Conference: Racism was invented in the American colonies (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO) | Progressives Today

Part 2 of 4 White Privilege Conference speakers judge by skin color and claim rape is not intrinsically bad (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO) | Progressives Today

dust1n

Zindīq
So, after watching the two videos, and looking at the articles surrounding it, I can note a couple of observations.

First, the article is incredibly misleading. The majority of it addresses things that aren't even argued against in the videos shown. And they take out of context stuff from a video that is already a collection of stuff they made where things are made of context.

Which is the second complaint, that being the video a series of five-second clips by two dudes who make a living essentially writing anti-right wing for all sorts of people. It's not very compelling to see someone take "rape is not intrinsically bad" out of context from someone and this disrepute them with a video clip that's shorter in duration than a Twitter post.

Thirdly, not that I agree with everything I hear, I don't actually expect a few thousand people in a room to blindly follow whatever ridiculous thing someone says. There was a lot of what I heard that I agree with, and some I didn't.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"Democrats today are controlled by, and answer to, the most radical elements of their party."

Pffffft. The Democratic party is fairly centrist, especially when compared to leftist parties from around the world. What sort of radicalism are they purportedly rocking the boat with?

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
Pffffft. The Democratic party is fairly centrist, especially when compared to leftist parties from around the world. What sort of radicalism are they purportedly rocking the boat with?

There are a series of statements about history that are somewhat lame, and the concepts attached to institutionalized racism range from dead on to near absurd, and one girl links to sexism and racism and etc. to capitalism, as a cause an perpetrator.

Radical stuff that's been around one hundred years or so.

tytlyf

Not Religious
No sure if any of you have heard of Progressives Today; However they seem to think that

Democrats today are controlled by, and answer to, the most radical elements of their party. Yet, with cover generously provided by the mainstream media, progressives are able to push their influence in the shadows. And they have no shame.

Of course they do, PT is a RW fringe organization.

tytlyf

Not Religious
There is such a thing as a White Privilege Conference? Seriously?
Worldwide as well. They have conferences in multiple countries. I don't see a problem with the conference. Being white, I'll admit that there is a privilege that whites have in America.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There are a series of statements about history that are somewhat lame, and the concepts attached to institutionalized racism range from dead on to near absurd, and one girl links to sexism and racism and etc. to capitalism, as a cause an perpetrator.

Radical stuff that's been around one hundred years or so.

Well, sure, every party has radical elements, but do they represent the core?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The only problem with that is the majority of the audience is white.
Ah, the irony of it all. The self-loathing white.

Personally speaking, I find Critical Race Theory to be amusing bedtime reading. It's far more effective than counting sheeple.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Ah, the irony of it all. The self-loathing white.

Personally speaking, I find Critical Race Theory to be amusing bedtime reading. It's far more effective than counting sheeple.
Ah, and there it is. That didn't take long. It's pretty obvious that minorities have a disadvantage.
I'd say you're a racist if you don't recognize white privilege in America.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ah, and there it is. That didn't take long. It's pretty obvious that minorities have a disadvantage.
See, it is the new racism. Thanks for proving my point, tytlyf.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I said if you're white and don't recognize the privilege in America over minorities, then yes you're a racist white person towards minorities.
People on the right say it doesn't exist, people on the left are more honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
You label others as racist yet you are the one judging an entire race of people simply because the color of their skin.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You label others as racist yet you are the one judging an entire race of people simply because the color of their skin.
I'm labeling other white people as racist when they can't admit the simple fact that whites have certain advantages in America over minorities.
Would you feel white privilege existed during the years of slavery? Did whites have the advantage in society? Next you're going to tell me white privilege died after desegregation.