• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White people cannot be poor by definition?!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
When I was headed over to my local dollar store and getting ready to buy some liquor as well I witnessed something that can only be described as hilarious.

An old white man standing outside the 99 cent store singing and begging for money while crooning on his guitar. A black man walked out and immediately began cursing at him stating that he is white and he is just trying to cheat black people out of their money. He then further claimed that white people need not worry about money and should just stop begging since they are not poor. This old bum ignored him completely and smiled after the affair was through and went about singing . . . which he was quite good at I should add.

Me and my sister found it funny but at the same time I paid it no attention initially since this is typical treatment in my eyes of whites by blacks. This happens all the time and every couple of days for me as I see further tensions being made between Europeans and western living Africans.

I should further add I live in a welltodo part of an otherwise ghetto. Is this the norm in the hood or is it the exception?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Typical treatment of whites by blacks", you say? Really?

I wonder why your experience of blacks is so very, very different from mine? I'm genuinely puzzled.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
It's called divide and rule. As long as people are seeing their circumstances, not in economic terms, but in terms of race, the reality behind this scenario is ignored.

You mean kinda like how as long as the lower and middle class are fighting over welfare programs and entitlement they won't notice the ultra rich are rolling in it? Put another way: the ultra rich make the two lower classes fight over a slice of pie while they keep the rest.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've heard that it's "impossible" for a black person to be racist, so I guess by the same magic that it's "impossible" for a white person to be poor.
I don't know where you heard that since I've read and heard no such thing. Whatever someone's ethnic or other background, it's not only possible but sadly all to common to be a bigot. Bigotry has been the human condition in recorded history. My tribe thinks your tribe is inferior. My gender disparages your gender. My race thinks your race is sub-human. My religion knows that you are not only wrong but evil. And so forth.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I've heard that it's "impossible" for a black person to be racist, so I guess by the same magic that it's "impossible" for a white person to be poor.

Not sure if the above was serious, but in some Afrocentric circles, theree is an expansion of the term racism and classifications as to who is and isn't racist per se. In relation to Afrian diaspora, many Afrocentrics see blacks as incapable of being racist in the sense that black Americans lack power to implement policies and laws to oppress another group on the basis of a phenotype or an ethnic culture. Given the history of African-Americans, blacks still do not have an equitable power structure in comparison to white counter-parts, and some social scientists even speculate in comparison to wealth it will take blacks hundreds of years to catch up:

Blacks will take hundreds of years to catch up to white wealth

Malcolm X once alluded (as I imperfectly paraphrase) that the black American cannot be blamed for his racial animosity due to the residual effects of racism and segregation, as well as systems in place that whose intent was to restrict potential and equality. That is not to say they're true but to explain where that phrase you've mentioned, comes from. Of course anyone can express dissenting racist views, my concern is the foundation to which those views sprang from.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I was headed over to my local dollar store and getting ready to buy some liquor as well I witnessed something that can only be described as hilarious.

An old white man standing outside the 99 cent store singing and begging for money while crooning on his guitar. A black man walked out and immediately began cursing at him stating that he is white and he is just trying to cheat black people out of their money. He then further claimed that white people need not worry about money and should just stop begging since they are not poor. This old bum ignored him completely and smiled after the affair was through and went about singing . . . which he was quite good at I should add.

Me and my sister found it funny but at the same time I paid it no attention initially since this is typical treatment in my eyes of whites by blacks. This happens all the time and every couple of days for me as I see further tensions being made between Europeans and western living Africans.

I should further add I live in a welltodo part of an otherwise ghetto. Is this the norm in the hood or is it the exception?
I see that you too enjoy the show!
People are amazing things to watch.
I have fun stories too, but for another day.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
since this is typical treatment in my eyes of whites by blacks. This happens all the time and every couple of days for me as I see further tensions being made between Europeans and western living Africans.
Neither of those have been a regular part of my daily experiences.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Malcolm X once alluded (as I imperfectly paraphrase) that the black American cannot be blamed for his racial animosity due to the residual effects of racism and segregation, as well as systems in place that whose intent was to restrict potential and equality.
I have no trouble understanding what Malcolm X said. It was dead on accurate. In the world in which he lived.
But things have changed tremendously in the last 50 years. It seems to me that lots of people don't want to see that. It's easier to play the victim.
Tom

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I have no trouble understanding what Malcolm X said. It was dead on accurate. In the world in which he lived.
But things have changed tremendously in the last 50 years. It seems to me that lots of people don't want to see that. It's easier to play the victim.
Tom
`
Sure things have changed. Nobody is denying that. the absence of a civil rights march is evident enough however there are still racial injustices that exist nonetheless.

A Vestigial Mote

I've heard that it's "impossible" for a black person to be racist...

When I first heard this statement, it seemed ludicrous, due to the animosity that can be seen from either side at times, but then, to make absolutely sure I wasn't missing something, I looked at the definition of "racism", and I started to think that this idea is based on the main/original definition of the word:

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement,usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

The part that struck me in bold. Most of what is said from blacks ends up being to the tune of equality, however there are those who stray into the realm of calling out all whites as being morally bankrupt when it comes to race, which in itself is the holding of an idea that black people are somehow morally superior by default - which, in turn, is racist according to the above definition.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, there are some whites from poor families. I remember we had some rough times when I was growing up. For example, we were so poor that the bank came and repossessed the calendar they gave us at the county fair. The electric company came to the house and blew out the candles. We were so poor that we had to borrow dirt from the neighbors.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Not sure if the above was serious, but in some Afrocentric circles, theree is an expansion of the term racism and classifications as to who is and isn't racist per se. In relation to Afrian diaspora, many Afrocentrics see blacks as incapable of being racist in the sense that black Americans lack power to implement policies and laws to oppress another group on the basis of a phenotype or an ethnic culture. Given the history of African-Americans, blacks still do not have an equitable power structure in comparison to white counter-parts, and some social scientists even speculate in comparison to wealth it will take blacks hundreds of years to catch up:

Blacks will take hundreds of years to catch up to white wealth

Malcolm X once alluded (as I imperfectly paraphrase) that the black American cannot be blamed for his racial animosity due to the residual effects of racism and segregation, as well as systems in place that whose intent was to restrict potential and equality. That is not to say they're true but to explain where that phrase you've mentioned, comes from. Of course anyone can express dissenting racist views, my concern is the foundation to which those views sprang from.

Sure, but I don't think such nuances matter much to anyone who has been harassed or assaulted simply for having the wrong color of skin.