• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religions do you join together?

Theweirdtophat

Christianity and Islam? Wicca and Druidry? Judaism and Buddhism? Do any of you take 2 or more religions and combine their beliefs to at least take some beliefs from each religion to come up with your own thoughts?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Christianity and Islam? Wicca and Druidry? Judaism and Buddhism? Do any of you take 2 or more religions and combine their beliefs to at least take some beliefs from each religion to come up with your own thoughts?

Interesting question. Its hard to answer because Buddhism and paganism are a part of me. I chant sometimes. I mostly do pagan prayers and lifestyle. They are like defaults to call them really religions.

I dont have a core religion as in "Im am X". My religion are my practices..so if I chant one day and do a spell on another, it doesnt feel like sycronicity. It feels like being who I am at that moment whether I consider myself a Buddha or child of nature.

Dont know if that answered your question?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls

Not so much beliefs, but ideas and practices. In my case Buddhism and more recently some pagan stuff.

Theweirdtophat

I hear Druidry and Jainism makes an interesting combination or Druidry and Taoism. Druidry works well with Dharmic and Oriental faiths.

Jiddanand

Only one religion. True Religion.

Religious adjustments can be made and lived just like social adjustments. Just bear up....

GoodbyeDave

I consider Paganism to be a religion in itself: as a Hellenic Pagan I actually differ less from a Japanese Pagan than a Roman Catholic differs from a Southern Baptist. (Are there Northern Baptists? On second thoughts, I probably happier not knowing about them...) In theory I'd worship any god and learn from anyones customs, but in practice I find Hellenismos pretty complete.

rocala

I think this is a very interesting post and am rather saddened by the lack of response. I wonder, do some people here think that combining religious ideas are a mistake?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In Luciferianism which is a western left hand path system and especially in my specific order (Mercuræn) we utilize any aspects of any right hand path system which assists us in our goals. So, we are constantly marrying one of them with our own practices . . . but only in that it is used to further our goals.

David1967

Premium Member
I think this is a very interesting post and am rather saddened by the lack of response. I wonder, do some people here think that combining religious ideas are a mistake?

Personally, I don't think it is a bad idea at all. Many of the world religions have parts that in essence are compatible and even add clarity to some aspects of others. As a Christian who has actually read some of the writings of other religions such as the Gita and Upanishads of the Hindu, and writings by Buddhist such as Thich Nhat Hahn as well as parts of the Quran, I have found sayings in them that are very similar to my own belief and that add some nice takes on certain things. .

GoodbyeDave

Many people here seem to be members of exclusive religions, like the Abrahamic ones, and they can't combine. Of those of us who aren't, I suspect that most Pagans are like me and feel that their religion, although not exclusive, is sufficient. Would a Hindu feel that there was "something missing" in Hinduism? I doubt it.

Mr. Beebe

Catholicism & Islam. These two are closer than folks would ever think.

If you are interested in seeing just how close these two are,,, go to u- tube and watch the video by: Walter Vieth - Total Onslaught / The Islamic connection.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Well, this is a Sycretism DIR. Not too many people think of themselves as sycretists.