• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religion has the most truth? Why?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm going with Shamanism, though Shamanism isn't a faith with any other Dogma but belief in spirits (God is spirit).

I think it is just the perfect path of peace, wisdom, and enlightenment. It is simple, can be practiced with basically any of the major faiths I can think of, and permits a lot of freedom.

Shamanism is simply seeking altered states of consciousness to interact with the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits.

It has been practiced since the history of Religion began. It doesn't have any Dogmas that lead a person to judge or condemn others.

It is an inner journey to enlightenment and discovering spirit guides and gifts such as prophecy, wisdom, understanding one's calling, and healing.

I'm trying to get away from Dogma and taking the good fruit from all faiths. Shamanism allows that.

I'm curious as to which faith you believe has the most truth, and why you came to that conclusion. Were you raised with that faith? (is it the faith of one or more of your parents).

I'm respectful of all faiths until they lead to judging, condemning, or misogyny. Sadly, there is much of all three in Abrahamic monotheism, which is why I'm going my separate way. If I find out I'm mistaken, I will repent , but for now I have to follow my heart and conscience. Do you think my salvation is in jeprody?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Jesus said whoever wants to lead should be a servant, and Confucians last I checked were the most exploited group on earth.

However I'm going to root for my own belief Raelism because it believes in some way in all the religions. Of course, I recognize that other faiths are also inclusive in various forms to other faiths, so this is open to discussion.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm going with Shamanism, though Shamanism isn't a faith with any other Dogma but belief in spirits (God is spirit).

I think it is just the perfect path of peace, wisdom, and enlightenment. It is simple, can be practiced with basically any of the major faiths I can think of, and permits a lot of freedom.

Shamanism is simply seeking altered states of consciousness to interact with the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits.

It has been practiced since the history of Religion began. It doesn't have any Dogmas that lead a person to judge or condemn others.

It is an inner journey to enlightenment and discovering spirit guides and gifts such as prophecy, wisdom, understanding one's calling, and healing.

I'm trying to get away from Dogma and taking the good fruit from all faiths. Shamanism allows that.

I'm curious as to which faith you believe has the most truth, and why you came to that conclusion. Were you raised with that faith? (is it the faith of one or more of your parents).

I'm respectful of all faiths until they lead to judging, condemning, or misogyny. Sadly, there is much of all three in Abrahamic monotheism, which is why I'm going my separate way. If I find out I'm mistaken, I will repent , but for now I have to follow my heart and conscience. Do you think my salvation is in jeprody?

First, I wouldn't see religions as judging and too much dogma. When I practiced Catholicism, I did not get that impression nor practiced it in a way that hindered my spiritual growth. I was dogmatic to the core; and, there was no judging or condemning.

These things have nothing to do with dogma. They have all to do with the people who abuse the dogma-the teachings that make up the practice. When you see the sight of war, you are overwhelmed by killing and not knowing that half the people who are killing in the same country are defending themselves or killing for food and survival. So it's all in perspective.

One thing to build compassion is see the good in all religions-christianity, islam, jewish, pagan (yes, Pagan religions had their share), Buddhism too, Hindu, and all other religions too.

If you practiced christianity, were you judging and condemning? If not, where you actually christian if christianity is based on judging others rather than sacrificing one's sins to be christlike?

Which religion has the most truth? None of them. Which religion has the truth? None of them. Is there a truth? Nope. As soon as you single out one truth, you're, by default, making other "truths" false. A healthy religion(s) would take away that duality thinking.

It would be healthy, not focused on death and killing, be a means of acceptance of all people, and whether by hierarchy or equality, treat everyone with humility and respect.

That's in part how I view things. Whatever religion fits in there has my thumbs up. I feel Buddhism has this one hundred percent. But that's just me.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm respectful of all faiths until they lead to judging, condemning, or misogyny. Sadly, there is much of all three in Abrahamic monotheism, which is why I'm going my separate way.

There are four Abrahamic Faiths, The Baha'i Faith being the latest. The Baha'i Faith is acknowledged as an Abrahamic Faith and an independent religion by most religious scholars. Being a relatively modern Faith it does not have some of the problems of the other three.

If I find out I'm mistaken, I will repent , but for now I have to follow my heart and conscience.

All the best with that.

Do you think my salvation is in jeprody?

According to Baha'is teachings religion should be a cause of love and unity. If it is not, and instead becomes a source of disunity and hate, then to leave such a religion would be a truly religious act.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Shamanism isn't so much a religion as it is a spiritual practice found in many European and Eurasian religions.

If we could answer which religion has the most truth here... Well, the world as a whole has been bleeding over that question for centuries.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
if you cherry pick the bible there are some truths and insights in it amidst the madness of it.

that's how they hook you into the religion. but diverting from it's many intentions, it gives you insight into evil motives, and also the vanity of life.

it has some flowery poetry too. it recognizes the fruits of the spirit.

it knows that the point of life is to give life to make life.

it also talks about discernment, temperance and the virtues.

the main thing I recognized on my own after reading it is that none of us has anything in life without someone giving to them the opportunity to learn and grow.

it also mentions prudence in all financial matters.

proper balances, and avoid falsehoods.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Jesus said whoever wants to lead should be a servant, and Confucians last I checked were the most exploited group on earth.

However I'm going to root for my own belief Raelism because it believes in some way in all the religions. Of course, I recognize that other faiths are also inclusive in various forms to other faiths, so this is open to discussion.
UFO Religion? I like how they use the swastika and star of David , and strive for world peace

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The claim of absolute 'Truth' is the problem for any religion that makes that claim. A claim of 'Truth' would mean something absolute that does not change with time or place. Probably from an objective perspective the Unitarian Universalist make the weakest claim for any 'Truth,' would also embrace Shamanism.

The Baha'i Faith makes limited claims of absolute 'Truth.' The only Absolute 'Truth' at the heart of the Baha'i Faith is the existence of God in terms of pure Monotheism, and God is only knowable through the attributes of God through Revelation. All knowledge of humanity is relative and evolves over time. The spiritual teaching and spiritual laws are not absolute, and will evolve over time as a part of Divine progressive Revelation, as human spiritually matures. Shamanism would be no problem for the Baha'i Faith as a part of the evolving spiritual knowledge of humanity,, but like all religions i cannot stand alone.

I believe in God, and God is not central to UU.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Mine, of course. ;) And when you stop to think about it, why wouldn't everybody name his own religion? I mean, why would anyone choose to be part of a religion he didn't believe to have the most truth?
I was hoping people would share why their faith is true. Also, there are atheists, Deists, and agnostics who might see a Religion they don't adhere to that they think has the most truth.

So, what makes you think Mormonism has the truth? :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Truth is an experience and a mystery - not a "fact" to be uncovered.

Does that make any sense?

That's just one of my random thoughts - I could always be way off-base :)

DavidFirth

Jesus said that whoever wants to be the leader must be the servant of all of his own free will. This does not apply to Confucians exploited not of their own choice.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Mine, of course. ;) And when you stop to think about it, why wouldn't everybody name his own religion? I mean, why would anyone choose to be part of a religion he didn't believe to have the most truth?
"The most truth" is kind of a funny measure. Personally, I'd want to base my choice of beliefs on them having not only the most truth but also the least falsehood.

Accept every claim as true - even the ones that contradict other claims you've accepted - and you'll have "the most truth." You'll have a lot of falsehood too, but you'll have more truth than anyone else.