• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Gods do you worship?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I obviously of course primarily stay with Semitic or trans-Semitic deities. I specifically worship any god as merely a focal point for acts of worship as I learned from my brief brushing with Hinduism in the past.

All deities are personal embodiments of a panendeistic whole that is open to subjective interpretation and personification. This can easily be correlated to animism to a certain degree. Deities are not physical beings who exist in actuality but instead exist through the imaginative mental hemisphere of the human consciousness. Deities are products of human intellect and thought not the realization of physical entities. This goes in accordance to a panentheistic concept of god since even the awareness of mankind is a place of worship.

In short though I worship Hubal, Malakbel, Baal'samem and Dhul Khalasa. There is a theme in the deities I worship because they are all Baal related except for Dhul Khalasa which is a specific deity I give worship to for an emotional reason.

EyeofOdin

I hadn't read much about the Roman Pantheon assuming Rome had absorbed the Greek Pantheon.
Even though you learn through Greek stories the Gods weren't strict Nationalist often challenging one
nation with another and watched as their beloved people cursed and turned on them for not intervening,
soiling and defiling their temples.

The conflicts in my imagination are between the Norse Gods and Greeks. Sometimes in my imagination where
the Lords came to life after reading about them, blaspheming and killing them in video games they spoiled me.

On occasion ODIN and ZEUS seem much a like were the All Father is completely meek and intimidating through his
humbleness and cunning demeanor alone, ZEUS takes this on quickly as I learn through my mind about them through
reading and time while his main persona or presentation he is a stunning Olympian and I can't say he isn't what you
would imagine, but with straight hair. While ZEUS is related to THOR while THOR is related to ARES or HERACLES,
certainty not PERSEUS or ODYSSEUS.

It can become maddening when trying to relate the Gods to one another. I am uncertain which the Judaic
Lord would relate to but I was told he was the War God before becoming the Chief God of the Israeli/Israelite
people.

From my minds own interpretations or the Gods themselves educating me it is still alarming because I do not know any
formality when talking to ancients or Gods, particularly chief Gods, I simply try to master my own mind as the Gods humble
me over time. My safety seems to be of concern as well as my consistent laziness and lethargy, my education and career and
they actually turned me towards respecting Christ not away. It's quite fascinating.

This troubled me with Pagans that blamed and curse Christ, the son of a God.

They seem to have personalities and agenda's of their own coming and going through my mind like it's a television, always kind
while educating. Perhaps this Is what I do for them because they request nothing more demanding of me than to be decent.

The minds of Man have soured once again.

Actually Odin isn't related to Zeus, and neither is Thor. Zeus has the same origin as TYR, as Tyr was the original Teutonic chieftain god. The misconception comes about as Zeus assumed the role as the god of lightning and Thor assumed the same role (which had it first, we probably won't know, but it was probably Thor based on Proto-Indo-European reconstruction).

Thor may be related to Ares, but I feel he is more related to Dionysos, as Dionysos is god of wine and Thor and Indra (both having common origin in the PIE god Perkwonos, or Tanaros, depending on whom you talk to) both have strong affiliations with drink/alcohol and trees, fertility or rain.

And the Roman pantheon isn't just a Latin adaptation of Hellenic gods. It actually evolved at first separately from Greeks, but over time Romans adopted Greek myths and synchronized many deities, which wasn't an unusual practice.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
2015 EDIT: THIS IS OUTDATED!

I think it's a bit more concrete now, since I last made a post here.

I primarily give honor to Woden the Wanderer (as opposed to Woden the War King) at this time, while I intend to develop a relationship with Queen Frigga the Gently Harsh/Harshly Gentle, and Deadgod Balder, as well as the Elfking Ing, and Elfqueen *Inga. If I ever end up living on a coastline, I'll see if I can find a Sea Goddess in Celto-Germanic lore and give honor to Her, since I regard the Sea as feminine, rather than masculine.

(Note: in linguistics, putting a * before a word means that the word is reconstructed. I'm no professional linguist by ANY means, but I've heard it said that the God Frey's "real" name is Ing; the name "Frey" translates to "Lord". The "real" name of the Goddess Freya, translated as "Lady" is lost, with all Her surviving names being titles, but "Inga" is a semi-common girl name, so I infer that this might be her "real" name, or at least the name She has relative to Frey's equivalent name. ...of course, "real" is put in quotes, because we don't know their "real" names.)

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Two year old thread is two years old, but what the heck, here goes...

I worship the Norse deities, Thor in particular as my fulltrui. I try not to neglect respect and worship of the other gods, spirits and ancestors also. I occasionally give a nod of respect, and maybe a mantra or three to Hindu deities I am fond of.

Seeker of Ka

Asetian
Being an ex pagan. I like to see what is happening to that community. Because I have high respect for it." Now look as them as teachers such as Apollo.

Which Gods do you worship and why?

Aset, personal experience of her presence that you would understanbly believe is lunacy if I contiuned to eleberate.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I feel that I worship only YHWH... but those who truly know me might argue that I also worship Ashtoreth, Lilith, Michael, and Lucifer, as they are all extremely important deities in my practices. Especially Ashtoreth/ Ishtar. But if I bow it is only to show respect. If I pray it is primarily to ascertain their Will, learn lessons, give thanks and acquire advice and wisdom. If I generate mana for these deities, it is because they are freaking ****** and I want to help empower them. If I create conduits for them to reach the hearts and minds of man, it is because one of my greatest current objectives is to open wide as many doors of Heaven and Gates of Hell as possible, so that their ability to reach out to humanity increases exponentially.

Worship? Maybe. YHWH is the supreme god of my pantheon, and where I feel my greatest loyalties lie, but my relationship with these other four deities feels far more...intimate. Personal. I can relate to them more, and the paths I explore with them in every way resonate with my True Will.

vaguelyhumanoid

I don't practice regularly yet but I'm very drawn to Oðinn and his blood brother Loki, and the Vanir siblings (Freyja and Freyr) appeal to me a lot too. I admire all of the Æsir and Vanir and many of the jötunn as well such as Ægir, Skadi and Jörð.

I am also interested in the Hellenic pantheon, with Prometheus and especially Dionysos standing out to me. I've also been learning more about Apollon; he seems really cool.

Scattered gods from other pantheons also appeal to me but I don't wanna be spread too thin. You can't just pick Oðinn, Veles and Djehuty out of a hat.

Frolicking_Fox

Artemis, Athena, and Buddha. Anarcho-Communist.
Agreed. I have to say, I really like a lot of the Hellenic gods/goddesses. My patrons are Ares, Poseidon, and Artemis, however I like Hades, Aphrodite, and Prometheus.(Technically, Prometheus is a Titan, but who cares :p)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I pretty much side with Quien in reverence to physical nature with the exception of learning the different archetypes of Indian Gods and Goddesses mixed with Japanese deities (Shinto) Buddhism as well. I dont see them as entities nor do I worship them but they are a way to focus my prayers on the Gohonzon (inner myself; the Mystic Law).

As for thr physical earth, I never thought to call them (sun,moon, etc) spirits. I like that. I usually say "I revere the sun" and its assumed to me that the spirit of the earth are revered as the sun, moon, stars, etc. I am a pantheist and animist, if you like.

I dont care for worshiping gods/desses as, say, Greek or Hellenistic. Its more of reverence for the spirits of our ancestors, the earth, and gratitude for self, Buddha, and the Boddhisattvas.

To call all these gods are a bit misleading. Maybe the intention is the same. Dont know.

Being an ex pagan. I like to see what is happening to that community. Because I have high respect for it." Now look as them as teachers such as Apollo.

Which Gods do you worship and why?

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I assume when you say Pagan, considering the DIR, you mean Pagan in the more traditiunal sense such as the 12 Gods, or Greek or Roman, Celtic and those which came from outside of Europe but took hold in the broader Empire (which included parts of North Africa, Egypt and Turkey) such as Isis or Mithras and so on.

So for example if I were to start to name Hindu Gods, that isn't what you are driving at when you say "Pagan", but I could be wrong.

So instead of naming the Devas and Devi of Hinduism, in the sense of what I think you mean by Pagan, there is one Goddess that I have a strong affiliation with, or attraction to, however She is probably a distant "cousin" of the well known Hindu "pantheon" anyway, and that would be Diana of Ephesus (temple was is Turkey). She is the Goddess of Grains and Cereals (much like Annapurna) and Mother of Her "bees" (devotees) and She looks like this:

diana-of-ephesus-206x400.jpg

Diana above is the murti form. She actually also would have a tall Tower on her head - in this idol it is broken off - which represents the Tower of Babylon.

GoodbyeDave

I assume when you say Pagan, considering the DIR, you mean Pagan in the more traditional sense such as the 12 Gods, or Greek or Roman, Celtic and those which came from outside of Europe but took hold in the broader Empire (which included parts of North Africa, Egypt and Turkey) such as Isis or Mithras and so on. So for example if I were to start to name Hindu Gods, that isn't what you are driving at when you say "Pagan", but I could be wrong.
I'm not the OP, but when I say "pagan" I mean what it means in academic usage: a religion which has grown naturally, as opposed to being invented. So "pagan gods" for me would certainly include Ganesha or Lakshmi, and Pele, Erzulie, etc, etc. The DIR system here is a classificatory mess because it was invented by a mixture of Christians, Jews, and Atheists! The difficulty of defining exactly who counts as a Hindu vanishes if you define a Hindu as something like "a pagan with an Indian cultural background".