• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Gods do you worship?

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Being an ex pagan. I like to see what is happening to that community. Because I have high respect for it." Now look as them as teachers such as Apollo.

Which Gods do you worship and why?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really worship traditional Pagan deities - as in ones that belong to a historical Pagan pantheon of the past. I honor reality/nature in the raw... what others might call 'nature spirits' or a more heavily animistic tradition. My path is locally-focused and now-focused, which means I don't concern myself with things that are not influencing my immediate environment and way of life. There are a few that take primacy.

The Sacred Four. Better known as the Classical Four Elements of Air, Fire, Earth, and Water. I don't know why I have such an obsession with them, but I do and I know too much about them for my own good. They're the underlying foundation of all reality to me, and my username is directly inspired by it. Reality is quintessence.

Storm Spirit. I like storms. They're awesome, full of passion, ecstasy, and destruction. Every Storm Spirit that rolls in my way gets a nod and some incense when I'm able.

Sun Spirit and Moon Sprit. These are the only two celestial powers I pay attention to, because they have great importance to the affairs of Gaea. I focus more on Sun Spirit, because I do not live near an ocean where Moon Spirit's influence would be more notable.

And then there's various local spirits that are too numerous to name. Whatever it is out there that inspires me and makes me go "that's cool" gets paid respects. My path is about noticing the everyday awesome and magic, being grateful for it, celebrating it.

I did get pinged by Ares a few years back, though. Long and complicated story, that, but I had zero interest in traditional pantheons before then. I'm still not actively Hellenic, but I pay a respectful nod to that pantheon as a whole.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I dont really "worship" but more honor the greek gods and I am trying to build relationships in that sense (I suck at this)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I dont really "worship" but more honor the greek gods and I am trying to build relationships in that sense (I suck at this)

To worship something is to honor/revere/celebrate something, specifically a deity in the context of religion. :slap:

Not to pick on you. I find it quite peculiar how many Neopagans avoid the word "worship" like the plague. :D

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
To worship something is to honor/revere/celebrate something, specifically a deity in the context of religion. :slap:

Not to pick on you. I find it quite peculiar how many Neopagans avoid the word "worship" like the plague. :D

When I think of Worship I think of those christian churches where the participants sing with their eyes closed and hands raised. My bad lol. My way of honoring at the moment is lighting a candle and insense for a particular god or goddess.

Treks

I used to worship Hekate by reciting the Orphic Hymn to Hekate and leaving offerings for her.

mimpibird39

So Many Gods!
I worship deities from the Roman and Egyptian pantheons.

I started looking into Roman polytheism based off of my heritage and just really felt drawn towards a couple deities. I try to light a candle and give an offering to Ceres everyday. I worship/work with her the most and was draw to her above the other deities because of her motherly and agriculture aspects (I garden and consider myself a newbie kitchen witch of sorts). What drew me to kemetism was the concept and principles of Ma'at. And cats. :p

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I worship deities from the Roman and Egyptian pantheons.

I started looking into Roman polytheism based off of my heritage and just really felt drawn towards a couple deities. I try to light a candle and give an offering to Ceres everyday. I worship/work with her the most and was draw to her above the other deities because of her motherly and agriculture aspects (I garden and consider myself a newbie kitchen witch of sorts). What drew me to kemetism was the concept and principles of Ma'at. And cats. :p

Do you find it difficult to find the seperation between the Roman and Greek deities given that they are often referred to as the same beings with different names?

mimpibird39

So Many Gods!
Do you find it difficult to find the seperation between the Roman and Greek deities given that they are often referred to as the same beings with different names?

Yes and no. I think it is harder to differentiate between certain gods compared to others. I have no problem separating the goddess Flora from the nymph Chloris but Apollo is just so Greek!

To me, the Roman deities are different from the Greek deities though. I just get different vibes from some Roman deities compared to their Greek counterparts.

Although there was a lot of Greek influence, the Roman gods were still worshiped and depicted in different ways in Ancient Rome. Mars compared to Ares is a very good example of this. In Ancient Rome Mars was the father of Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome. So, Mars plays a much more important part in Rome's mythology. He's kind of like how Athena was to Athens. Mars also has a connection with agriculture which I don't believe Ares has.

Also, a big part of the ancient Roman religion was based on ritual and less so on myth. The gods were basically representation of the divine forces (of the things they represented) so mythology wasn't really as important.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I hadn't read much about the Roman Pantheon assuming Rome had absorbed the Greek Pantheon.
Even though you learn through Greek stories the Gods weren't strict Nationalist often challenging one
nation with another and watched as their beloved people cursed and turned on them for not intervening,
soiling and defiling their temples.

The conflicts in my imagination are between the Norse Gods and Greeks. Sometimes in my imagination where
the Lords came to life after reading about them, blaspheming and killing them in video games they spoiled me.

On occasion ODIN and ZEUS seem much a like were the All Father is completely meek and intimidating through his
humbleness and cunning demeanor alone, ZEUS takes this on quickly as I learn through my mind about them through
reading and time while his main persona or presentation he is a stunning Olympian and I can't say he isn't what you
would imagine, but with straight hair. While ZEUS is related to THOR while THOR is related to ARES or HERACLES,
certainty not PERSEUS or ODYSSEUS.

It can become maddening when trying to relate the Gods to one another. I am uncertain which the Judaic
Lord would relate to but I was told he was the War God before becoming the Chief God of the Israeli/Israelite
people.

From my minds own interpretations or the Gods themselves educating me it is still alarming because I do not know any
formality when talking to ancients or Gods, particularly chief Gods, I simply try to master my own mind as the Gods humble
me over time. My safety seems to be of concern as well as my consistent laziness and lethargy, my education and career and
they actually turned me towards respecting Christ not away. It's quite fascinating.

This troubled me with Pagans that blamed and curse Christ, the son of a God.

They seem to have personalities and agenda's of their own coming and going through my mind like it's a television, always kind
while educating. Perhaps this Is what I do for them because they request nothing more demanding of me than to be decent.

The minds of Man have soured once again.

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I'm fairly new to "paganism" (I'm more akin to an eclectic poly/henotheist), but here are some whom I do revere and ones whom I have an interest.

From the Hindu pantheon, I worship Shiva, Ganesha, Saraswati and I have a budding interest in Kali.

From Buddhism, there are the Medicine Budda, Amitabha, Kuan Yin and Tara.

From the Kemetic pantheon, there is Anubis.

From the Greek pantheon, I revere Dionysus and Hecate.

And finally, from the Norse pantheon, there is Loki.

Last edited:

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
The teachers of the Pagan beliefs could reform their teachings to include more meditation practices
and mind expansion over idol worship. I like idols and statues and particularly the wood carvings the
Norse used back in the Pagan era.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm Jewish, my wife is Christian, and we go to both synagogue and church services on a regular basis, but I don't worship in any kind of conventional way but more use the services as a time to meditate and contemplate.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I kind of have a spurious relationship with the Gods, as I don't regularly worship them (yet), though I intend to regularly worship specific Gods on holidays.

EyeofOdin

I work most of the gods of Northern Europe, who were worshiped by the people of Germany, Iceland, England, Scandinavia and other people such as the goths who moved into Poland, Italy, Greece and Spain, The Franks who moved into Gaul (modern day France) or the Helvetians who lived in modern day Switzerland.

The entities I most work with are my ancestors, but I was brought to them by Odin.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Are responses to this thread only restricted to Greek, Roman and Mesopotamian divinity? Or can a Hindu also respond with Hindu Devatas ? My list is sort of long, however. After all, sometimes we are called pagans. Om Namah Sivaya