• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which church has the best snacks?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is it just me or are Sikh snacks the best?

There is nothing to rival the free offerings of a langar!

The Sikh student group at my university would have a langar in the student centre on a regular basis. At the time, I didn't know what a langar was all about (I assumed it was an event just for the members), so I never went in, but it did smell really good.

Of the churches whose snacks I've tried myself, I'd probably rate the UUs highest.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
My daughter-in-law goes to an Episcopalian church that occasionally has an open bar. Beat that.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't tried the Sikh food but Hindu temples have amazing feasts. Love, love, love it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Mimouna. Enough said.

images

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Rather undermining my own assertion, I stayed at a Buddhist temple that had lemon meringue pie for dessert. Of course, the pleasure was transient.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Rather undermining my own assertion, I stayed at a Buddhist temple that had lemon meringue pie for dessert. Of course, the pleasure was transient.
I visited a the local Buddhist temple... and had cornflakes.
:D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't tell you who has the best snacks, but I can tell you who has the worst snacks... the Eastern Orthodox Church. Their snacks suck. With the minor exception of the Greeks and their baklava, which isn't even Greek, it's Turkish.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
You can't beat the Orthodox with all our Middle Eastern, Balkan and Slavic goodness!

To start off, take one bite of some authentic Greek baklava, and you will never be the same.
250px-Baklava_-_Turkish_special%2C_80-ply.JPEG

And then how about some Slavic kolachki with raspberry or apricot filling?
th

But maybe you'd rather have Poppyseed Kolachki, in a nut roll form?
th

And howzabout some walnut kolachki?
th

And don't forget the kielbasa!
th

And then there's pierogies/pirohi/pirozhki... Many different names, but the same kind of deliciousness!

th

^Pirohi with sauteed onions on top. I like to fry mine with two parts olive oil, and one part garlic oil. Fill them with potatoes and cheese, or maybe stick in a meat filling or a cabbage filling, and let the good times roll!

Lastly for now, there's everyone's favorite at Pascha: Paska! Moist, rich bread made with milk, butter, sugar and eggs, and just a pinch of salt. Every other bread you've ever eaten will just never be as good once you've had a slice of this stuff, lemme tell you. This is definitely my favorite thing to bake. Kolachki are a close second though...
slovak-paska-byBrentus69.jpg

Some people I know slather their paska with icing and sprinkles. I haven't tried that yet, though it does look good...
th

That's all for the first round...