• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where when and how..

Pozessed

Todd
...do you want to die ? :)
I'm not going to die any time soon. I'm going to use all the medical research that we know and live to be 300+. Sometime in my young age of 100-150I plan to be in space colonizing life on other planets.
I'll probably die of some random malfunction that I could have obviously avoided if I paid more attention.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Where? Nowhere.
When? Never.
How? Noway.

That's one far end of the spectrum. Barring spontaneous immortality, I'll take:

Where? Exactly where I'm needed most.
When? The right moment.
How? In the manner that saves the most comrades.

Martyrdom may seem silly to wish for, but if you're going to go you might as well be remembered as a savior. That's the most likely memory to endure. A figurative immortality.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think I will be hit by a truck. Do I want to be hit by a truck? I do not.
When do I think it will happen? Before I am old enough to die.
Where? On the road? Haha Yes, on the road where trucks go too fast in snow.

If I stay off the road in ice and snow for the next 35-40 years then in bed at home I want to die when I am old.

1 Chronicles 29:28 He died at a good old age, having enjoyed long life, wealth and honor

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Where? Nowhere.
When? Never.
How? Noway.

This, and unlike Sir Doom, i have no compromises to make.

I'll accept nothing short of immorality. Except perhaps an offer to live for a thousand years.

If i absolutely have to, then i don't particularly care about the where. The how, just in a way that is not too painful or saddening. Dying for a cause doesn't sound too bad, mainly because it's eases the idea a lot. To know that i'm about to die for something important to me is pretty comforting.

The when, hopefully not too soon.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well according to transhumanists, anyone who's younger than 50 might be able to live forever, because of advancements. Of course that's wishful thinking but let's see what happens. I would grasp any means to live. Instincts perhaps but I also long to see what the future holds. I hope to see peace, as cheesy as it sounds.

If not then I hope to die of old age, peacefully in my sleep, by my husband.

watoca

May I ask why you would want to live a thousand years. Do you think you could help humanity; since Jesus did it in three years? Most disciples lived what' another forty years. So why live so long? I would think only vampires wanting to accept there animalistic nature would accept such a fate. I believe in Jesus' Way, but do not know my time of departure.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I assume this is addressed to me since i said the thousand years thing. If not feel free to ignore it.

May I ask why you would want to live a thousand years.

Because i appreciate the experience i'm in and want much more of it.

Do you think you could help humanity; since Jesus did it in three years?

That's not really what i was thinking about when i said i'd want to live for a thousand years. Helping others is pretty important to me, but it's certainly not my primary goal in life.

I would think only vampires wanting to accept there animalistic nature would accept such a fate.

I like to suck blood every now and then but i don't think i'd qualify as a vampire.

Most disciples lived what' another forty years. So why live so long?

Why do you think that would be relevant for me at all?