• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does the Quran say Muhammad is the last Messenger of God?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
May Allah bless you.

114:1 Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,

To me the name of God to take refuge in God by, is the Imam of time. Without his light and connection, there is no refuge in God.

That's another reason why Bahaism failed to me. It disconnects God and his handhold in this time, the great tiding and greatest sign from God in unseen, which is the leader of time. No Imam, and hence is spiritual void of God's help per Quran and hadiths of Ahlulbayt (a).

Islam heavily emphasizes on the leader of time. Sufism even emphasized on the concept of a Qutb and believe Ali (a) succeeded Mohammad (s) position as the pole of time and puller towards God spiritually.

The Quran says "And the day we call every people with their Imam...and whoever is blind in this (world), is blind in the next and more astray in pathway..."

The Imams are the light God revealed and the Imam of time is brighter in hearts of believers then Sun in midday per hadiths of Ahlulbayt (a).

This is a spiritual connection and part of faith in God's signs. As for the line "those who believe in the hidden", it is about Imam Mahdi (a) and the Imam of time per hadiths of Shiites. Imam Jaffar (a) to prove from Quran says "They say why not a sign regarding him revealed? say: the hiding is for God, so wait we too are of those who await"

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

What I am saying, Allah will not add anything else to the religion HE SAID SO HIMSELF. HE PERFECTED IT--nothing will be added or deleted from it. If you say yes, then you will be calling Allah a liar. astaghfirallah
Very similar to how Christians think. This claim that our religion is the last one is not only in Islam the Jews and Christians each thought their religion is the final revelation.

Question for you.

Why Allah ended revelation 1400 years ago? Why He did not end it with Injil or Torah?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Very similar to how Christians think. This claim that our religion is the last one is not only in Islam the Jews and Christians each thought their religion is the final revelation.

Question for you.

Why Allah ended revelation 1400 years ago? Why He did not end it with Injil or Torah?

It's because world comes to an end per Quran, it's not meant to go forever. The best of the best are sent with final term, day of judgment comes after the Muhamadiya period, this is why he said day of judgment and him are "this close" and put two fingers together.

Mankind was always meant to submit, but they failed with every Ahlulbayt before Mohammad's (s).

We failed so far with respect to Ahlulbayt of Mohammad (s) as well, but there is a delay in sending the Mahdi, because now Islam is world stage wise, and it's not going to be local flood or a city destroyed, but there is world consequences, many cities that can be destroyed.

God does not want to destroy any city if can be avoided.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, Idris (a), Elyas (a), Isa (a), Khidr (a) all alive and saved for something grand.

God didn't raise Idris (a) for nothing. They are coming back, and it's for end time - final showdown.

InvestigateTruth

It's because world comes to an end per Quran, it's not meant to go forever. The best of the best are sent with final term, day of judgment comes after the Muhamadiya period, this is why he said day of judgment and him are "this close" and put two fingers together.

Mankind was always meant to submit, but they failed with every Ahlulbayt before Mohammad's (s).

We failed so far with respect to Ahlulbayt of Mohammad (s) as well, but there is a delay in sending the Mahdi, because now Islam is world stage wise, and it's not going to be local flood or a city destroyed, but there is world consequences, many cities that can be destroyed.

God does not want to destroy any city if can be avoided.
I don't understand how the world coming to an end means no more revelations.
I understand that If the world was coming to an end tomorrow, no more revelations needed. But, almost 1500 Years is passed from revelations of Quran.
600 years After Jesus, Muhammad came. Now, you are saying after almost 1500 years, still no revelations came. Why exactly though?

Colt

If God is to preserve His words, wouldn't you think that he would? In Islam, we believe all revelation that came from Allah, is of course INFALLIBLE. But men screwed around with them since the beginnin...not adhering, going astray, worshippin idols, etc....thus the messages got lost. They all knew the last message was to come and Allah sent Mohammad pbuh with the last revelation.

ok, think about it. Allah sent prophets and messengers from the time of Adam to Mohammad pbupon them all. (that includes Jesus cause he himself said he was in the Bible)... so all these God-fearing prophets and messengers were given the same message...Teach them ONE LORD. ONE GOD....SINCE beginnin of time. Then you have "not even a prophet or messenger of God" come along and COMPLETELY turn the message around according to himself and say just the complete opposite. Would you not be skeptical?? This is one of the reasons why Barnabus left his side. But then again, Protestants don't believe in the gospel of Barnabus but its out there- I didn't even know it existed when I was a Christian :) Anyways, my point is, just because someone is saying something in the Bible, not a messenger from God, someone God doesn't even call into account, to make a belief according to himself. change the way Allah has been puttin messages from the very beginning. Sounds to me that would be very very skeptical and totally understandable for the Jews not to put trust in that. I can understand where they are coming from because in Islam, ONE GOD is totally the entire basis of belief. :)
Preserve his words? In the exaggerated story of Moses written by the same kind of men who killed Jesus, they claim that God actually wrote in stone with his own finger? "As Moses approached the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, he burned with anger and threw the tablets out of his hands, shattering them at the base of the mountain."

What is God to you? An old man, long grey beard sitting in a chair out in space somewhere? God is spirit, he is the creator of subordinate beings from Sons of God all the way down to humans. The Son of God like Jesus, who is a divine being, is One with the Father in spirit. He is like his Father and subservient to his Father. They are ONE in spirit.

Colt

:) hey I love Jesus too :p
Even his apostles struggled with his identity which wasn't really revealed until he returned from the death of his mortal body and met with them several times prior to returning to his place in heaven. Your doubts are understandable.

InvestigateTruth

Also, Idris (a), Elyas (a), Isa (a), Khidr (a) all alive and saved for something grand.

God didn't raise Idris (a) for nothing. They are coming back, and it's for end time - final showdown.

"AND MUHAMMAD is only an apostle; all the [other] apostles have passed away before him: if, then, he dies or is slain, will you turn about on your heels? But he that turns about on his heels can in no wise harm God - whereas God will requite all who are grateful [to Him]" 3:144

This verse is clear, and Muhkamaat. It says all apostles before Muhammad had died.
So, when you read Khizr or Isa are alive, this must be a Mutishabihaat, which you must understand them referring to the Muhkamaat.

Imam Riza said, If Allah wanted to extend the life of any Prophet for the needs of Mankind, He would have extended life of Muhammad.

2ndpillar

Lets see this jumping from one topic to another trick. Ill tell you what, I will show you how to practice your tactic. Shall we?

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17)

Kill Homosexuals
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abomile deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

Death for Fornication

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 )

This is a cut and paste, just to show you how irrelevant topics can be brought in with no relevance just to derail any thread like you do.

GO ahead. Lets play this game. ;)

Yeah, okay. The Kuran says that the book of the Jews is from God, which would be the Law and the prophets, of which the Kuran is full of the names of the Jewish prophets. You are comparing some 13th century writings of some Hadith Islamic writer with the Words of God. I think the prince of Saudi is presently throwing these writers under the bus. Hey, but go ahead, and get an idea of what the bottom of a bus looks like. What happened to the Islamic Surah which had adultery of the wife ending in her death? Wait, the family goat of this supposed Mohammad's wife, who was suspected of adultery, ate it, according to the Hadiths. What happened to the woman who mocked this supposed Mohammad? This imaginary guy of Mecca seemed to be a little bit touchy. The writer of the 13th century hadith, seemed to be a little out of touch by about 600 years, but then again, all the Hadiths seemed to be out of touch by at least 200 years, and none were written in Mecca, the supposed center of the world of Trade, and home of Eve and Solomon, and Abraham. You can believe what you want, but don't expect the world to follow you down Dorothy's rabbit hole. Trading a H bomb for a sword, is still going to fail, and according to Allah's holy book of the Jews, all will end in the destruction of Iran/Elam, in the "last days" (Jeremiah 49:39).

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah, okay. The Kuran says that the book of the Jews is from God, which would be the Law and the prophets, of which the Kuran is full of the names of the Jewish prophets. You are comparing some 13th century writings of some Hadith Islamic writer with the Words of God. I think the prince of Saudi is presently throwing these writers under the bus. Hey, but go ahead, and get an idea of what the bottom of a bus looks like. What happened to the Islamic Surah which had adultery of the wife ending in her death? Wait, the family goat of this supposed Mohammad's wife, who was suspected of adultery, ate it, according to the Hadiths. What happened to the woman who mocked this supposed Mohammad? This imaginary guy of Mecca seemed to be a little bit touchy. The writer of the 13th century hadith, seemed to be a little out of touch by about 600 years, but then again, all the Hadiths seemed to be out of touch by at least 200 years, and none were written in Mecca, the supposed center of the world of Trade, and home of Eve and Solomon, and Abraham. You can believe what you want, but don't expect the world to follow you down Dorothy's rabbit hole. Trading a H bomb for a sword, is still going to fail, and according to Allah's holy book of the Jews, all will end in the destruction of Iran/Elam, in the "last days" (Jeremiah 49:39).

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 )

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 )

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord.” When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 )

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 )

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 )

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
To me the name of God to take refuge in God by, is the Imam of time. Without his light and connection, there is no refuge in God.

That's another reason why Bahaism failed to me. It disconnects God and his handhold in this time, the great tiding and greatest sign from God in unseen, which is the leader of time. No Imam, and hence is spiritual void of God's help per Quran and hadiths of Ahlulbayt (a).

Islam heavily emphasizes on the leader of time. Sufism even emphasized on the concept of a Qutb and believe Ali (a) succeeded Mohammad (s) position as the pole of time and puller towards God spiritually.

The Quran says "And the day we call every people with their Imam...and whoever is blind in this (world), is blind in the next and more astray in pathway..."

The Imams are the light God revealed and the Imam of time is brighter in hearts of believers then Sun in midday per hadiths of Ahlulbayt (a).

This is a spiritual connection and part of faith in God's signs. As for the line "those who believe in the hidden", it is about Imam Mahdi (a) and the Imam of time per hadiths of Shiites. Imam Jaffar (a) to prove from Quran says "They say why not a sign regarding him revealed? say: the hiding is for God, so wait we too are of those who await"

I understand that it’s very difficult for Muslims to cut themselves from views that have been taught for so many centuries but all the religions have fallen into this thinking, that they are the last religion and none will come after. But I don’t believe that God’s Hands are tied by the common views.

God if He so wills can change day into night and night into day, and at a Word from Him send Whomever He pleases. To maintain God cannot is to question His Sovereignty and that “He doeth whatsoever He pleaseth”.

We cannot say God can’t do this or can’t do that because then He would cease to be God.

Audie

Veteran Member
I understand that it’s very difficult for Muslims to cut themselves from views that have been taught for so many centuries but all the religions have fallen into this thinking, that they are the last religion and none will come after. But I don’t believe that God’s Hands are tied by the common views.

God if He so wills can change day into night and night into day, and at a Word from Him send Whomever He pleases. To maintain God cannot is to question His Sovereignty and that “He doeth whatsoever He pleaseth”.

We cannot say God can’t do this or can’t do that because then He would cease to be God.
No, you cant say because you have zero information to go on.
Anything said is simply made up

MyM

Question for you.

If you know anything about Islam, Allah swt already said in the Quran

“And when I (Allah) inspired Al‑Hawariyyoon (the disciples) [of ‘Eesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: ‘We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims’”
al-Maa'idah 5:111

“…by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah’s Will …”
al-Maa’idah 5:44

“Verily, We have inspired you (O Muhammad) as We inspired Nuh (Noah) and the prophets after him; We (also) inspired Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), and Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Yaqub (Jacob)), ‘Isa (Jesus), Ayyub (Job), Yunus (Jonah), Harun (Aaron), and Sulaiman (Solomon), and to Dawud (David) We gave the Zabur (Psalms). And messengers We have mentioned to you before, and messengers We have not mentioned to you, - and to Musa (Moses) Allah spoke directly” [an-Nisa 4:163-164]

“Say, [O believers], We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him”
al-Baqarah 2:136

“Say, We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him”
Al ‘Imraan 3:84

As for why didn't Allah stop at the Torah or Injeel. This is a question, you can ask Allah when you see him. We know that Allah in his ultimate mightiful wisdom knows more and is the best of planners. We do not second guess Allah as to why He does things the way he does. But that really is a wrong question to ask.

لَا يُسْأَلُ عَمَّا يَفْعَلُ وَهُمْ يُسْأَلُونَ
He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned.

An nabiya 23

MyM

I don't understand how the world coming to an end means no more revelations.
I understand that If the world was coming to an end tomorrow, no more revelations needed. But, almost 1500 Years is passed from revelations of Quran.
600 years After Jesus, Muhammad came. Now, you are saying after almost 1500 years, still no revelations came. Why exactly though?

Because in Islam, ALAH TELLS THE TRUTH. He said it was the last, and it is. He said no more. He told us through Quran and Sunnah the very things to prepare for before our judgement. Men take their Creator for granted and it will be too late one day.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"AND MUHAMMAD is only an apostle; all the [other] apostles have passed away before him: if, then, he dies or is slain, will you turn about on your heels? But he that turns about on his heels can in no wise harm God - whereas God will requite all who are grateful [to Him]" 3:144

This verse is clear, and Muhkamaat. It says all apostles before Muhammad had died.
So, when you read Khizr or Isa are alive, this must be a Mutishabihaat, which you must understand them referring to the Muhkamaat.

Imam Riza said, If Allah wanted to extend the life of any Prophet for the needs of Mankind, He would have extended life of Muhammad.

You are least person to talk about sticking to muhkam. Isa (a) being alive is muhkam but you resort to sophistry because it contradicts your religion.