• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does the Quran say Muhammad is the last Messenger of God?

lukethethird

unknown member

This thread reminds me of this quote:

Do you not know that every religion in the world has declared every other religion a fraud? Yes, we all know it. That is the time all religions tell the truth - each of the other.
Robert Ingersoll

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The problem is that the Word of God can be so easily misunderstood. In the Quran I found numerous passages speaking of other Messengers to come after Muhammad.

The current belief is that no Messenger of God will appear after Muhammad but from my own investigation, I have found that to be incorrect. I found many references in the Quran referring to another Manifestation of God appearing, matter of fact, Two Manifestations.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Jesus was said to be a new messenger. New star fall life attack.

Known assessed agreed. Documents are proven updated and rewritten as it was accepted. The Jesus review in Muslim sciences. Then Ignored.

Reason is cultural only.

As 1000 Baha'i attack said old star Jesus was gone burnt out shroud evidence a new one attack had arrived. They ignore that 1000 future Russia hit removed theirs also.

Cooling saviour earth ice snow melt saviour.

It's now new.

Reasons. Ice snow earth God owned and then cools the gases. Reactive burn blast irradiation still occurs. Earth saved us in this event. As it was still a loss of the messenger. The star body was heated activated.

Humans prove they all ignored sciences wisdom stated factual. And even get angered at being challenged.

Hence no nuclear should have been chosen as a followed science cause as you set off another new earth attack.

The warnings ignored.

Man's mind copies what transmits back to it via heavens. Nuclear minds of men reactivated. Known. The history and conscious warnings real.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Quran 33:40
40. Muhammad is not the father of any of your men; but he is the Messenger of God, and the seal of the prophets. God is Cognizant of everything.

Where does it say He is the last of the Messengers? That’s what the priests and scholars say but 33:40 nowhere says that Muhammad is the last Messenger. Read it very carefully.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Where does it say He is the last of the Messengers? That’s what the priests and scholars say but 33:40 nowhere says that Muhammad is the last Messenger. Read it very carefully.
It depend on the understanding of the words used.
Does it mean Khatam (Seal) or does it mean Khatim (Last)

I found both words used, so does it mean there will be different understanding of the words, or does it mean that Muhammad was the last?
Does it mean Muhammad sealed the end of Abrahamic religion and Baha'i is something totally new?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I found both words used, so does it mean there will be different understanding of the words, or does it mean that Muhammad was the last?
Does it mean Muhammad sealed the end of Abrahamic religion and Baha'i is something totally new?

Both "last" and "seal" are used in various translations. "Seal" is more poetic and invokes an image of a seal put on a document that is finished.

From Meher Baba, Muhammad was indeed the last of such figures in a vast "cycle of cycles" lasting over 150 trillion years in the Hindu conception - much much longer than the age of this universe and that now something new will come. So yes, something totally new.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Both "last" and "seal" are used in various translations. "Seal" is more poetic and invokes an image of a seal put on a document that is finished.

From Meher Baba, Muhammad was indeed the last of such figures in a vast "cycle of cycles" lasting over 150 trillion years in the Hindu conception - much much longer than the age of this universe and that now something new will come. So yes, something totally new.
I do find @loverofhumanity question to be a valid one :) and it should be discussed

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Let’s say for the sake of Muslims it means last.

The surah says Muhammad is last of the Prophets. It does not say Muhammad is last of the Messengers.

All those called Prophets such as Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel were called Nabi because their function was to prophesy the future including the coming of new ‘Messengers’ such as Jesus and Muhammad. But as Nabi Prophets they did not bring a new religion or covenant.

Muhammad was the last Prophet to prophesy the future.

But Muhammad was a Messenger also because He brought a new religion, a new Holy Book and a new Covenant.

Does the Quran say that Muhammad is ‘seal of the Messengers Rasool’? No, only the last of the Prophets Nabi

If you examine closely the Quran, you will see that Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad were all both Messengers Rasool and Prophets Nabi but all the others were just Prophets Nabi

The Quran says that after Muhammad there will be no more Nabi but it does not say there will be no more Rasool - Messengers Who bring a new religion.

There are prophecies in the Quran regarding New Messengers from God to appear.

Difference Between Rasool and Nabi | Difference Between

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you say all AH was first it is not Muhammad.

If you say an angel cloud mass transmitted image of man fell. Hit the mountain. Collapsed the mountain. The mountain would show its image embedded burnt into it

And it does.

Mens mind life body irradiated war of God sacrificed left its genesis.

Ice the not named saviour. Is named only as a saviour not a man's name.

The scientific once taught by Muslim philosophers.

Only Allah was first God sealed.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

The surah says Muhammad is last of the Prophets. It does not say Muhammad is last of the Messengers.

All those called Prophets such as Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel were called Nabi because their function was to prophesy the future including the coming of new ‘Messengers’ such as Jesus and Muhammad. But as Nabi Prophets they did not bring a new religion or covenant.

But Muhammad was a Messenger also because He brought a new religion, a new Holy Book and a new Covenant.

Does the Quran say that Muhammad is ‘seal of the Messengers Rasool’? No, only the last of the Prophets Nabi

If you examine closely the Quran, you will see that Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad were all both Messengers Rasool and Prophets Nabi but all the others were just Prophets Nabi

The Quran says that after Muhammad there will be no more Nabi but it does not say there will be no more Rasool - Messengers Who bring a new religion.

On this its important to understand the difference in Nabi ( Prophet) and rasool (messenger)
What word do they use in the Arabic quran 33:40.
If it say Muhammad is the last Nabi but there will be later rasool, then it is no problem at all to have the understanding like many Muslims has. Or?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

An other question is: why is it important for you to "discredit" the quran? Why do you find it important to say "Baha'i teachings is "more correct" than the Quran?

MyM

That’s the question. Muslims should know this with their eyes closed.

“Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets.” [al-Ahzab 33:40]

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion”
al-Maa’idah 5:3

MyM

The problem is that no one has given importance to my question - which was "What evidence do Quran and Kitab-e-Aqdas have that we should believe any of them?" Or for that matter even Torah or Bible?

Why don't you compare? You have been hearing us, debating us, arguing your stance, but just go find out for yourself. The Quran speaks for itself. There are many things in it that in no way could have been known over 1400 years ago and it isn't even a science book. The Torah, the Bible, shows discrepancies in them, so you cannot put that fault to our Creator. No book of God has faults in it. If you don't believe us, go search, go look at the ones that can tell you about Islam and do not go to the enemies of Islam to get the answers. But be humble about it for Allah doesn't like boastfulness or arrogance or pride.

just my opinion