• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Your Typing Speed?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Time for... another test! This time it's a test of typing speed: Typing Test English - 10FastFingers.com

This is my most recent attempt:

1_135_676_676_0_129_0

Edit: Link fixed.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can type errors very fast. Also, sometimes my fingers and brain are not on speaking terms and I think of one word but type another. So I can achieve a high keystrokes rate if the backspace key counts. I might take the test for grins later on.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I can't do the tests: they say "don't correct your mistakes" but there is no way that I can do that, without slowing my typing to a crawl. Correcting my mistakes, it I used to do 70 to 90 wpm. I probably can't do that for more than a few seconds at a time anymore...

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I already know I've probably dropped below the ~60wpm I scored last time I took a typing speed test. Age and arthritis certainly haven't made me any quicker.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
On a related note, after taking a speed reading course, I can now read 6 pages per minute!

Sadly, my reading comprehension plummeted.

(Stolen from comedian Brian Regan)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Won't do the test, but several generations ago, I had a job as a teletype operator for the Canadian Press -- and the test to get that job was 60 WPM with 6 mistakes per 100 lines.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't be naffed with the test, but I hover between 65 and 80, depending on how careful I'm being and how much coffee I have on board.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think mine was between 135 and 145 wpm. I remember in High School they made us type until we were at like 120 wpm minimum or we’d fail (business class.)
But I’m mostly on my phone these days instead of something with a “proper” keyboard so perhaps it’s dropped since.