• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
As a leaver I want what I voted for which was to leave,despite all the propaganda that's what was voted for.
If a government promises better schools, lower taxes, more spending on the NHS, better transport, etc. - I expect them to deliver on those promises. I will voice my opposition if they fail to deliver.

Why is a referendum any different. We were promised the Earth with bells on; we're getting nothing of the sort. I want MPs to stand up for what was promised.

Notanumber

A Free Man
If a government promises better schools, lower taxes, more spending on the NHS, better transport, etc. - I expect them to deliver on those promises. I will voice my opposition if they fail to deliver.

Why is a referendum any different. We were promised the Earth with bells on; we're getting nothing of the sort. I want MPs to stand up for what was promised.

We were promised democracy.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
41HcqP7N.jpeg.jpg

Altfish

Veteran Member
As if the Labour Party and the Left in general are concerned about the poor.

Pull the other one.
Well at least you don't deny that you are propping the rich
If the Labour party doesn't support the poor and the workers - why do you fear them so??

Notanumber

A Free Man
Well at least you don't deny that you are propping the rich
If the Labour party doesn't support the poor and the workers - why do you fear them so??

Any sensible person would fear the prospect of Corbyn and McDonald gaining power or Swinson for that matter.

BTW, are those three not rich?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
What a day,England 40 Australia 16 in the rugby world cup and a rich etonian morph into a statesman in the house of commons.

Corbyn,sad to watch really and Jo Swinson,hopeless opposition,Boris is in a different league entirely,if the leftwin amendment passes there will be no vote on deal today,shame.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As for Turkey, whoever believes that Turkey belongs in the EU...but Russia does not, in my opinion, this person is not an European.

Altfish

Veteran Member
As for Turkey, whoever believes that Turkey belongs in the EU...but Russia does not, in my opinion, this person is not an European.
Only the Brexiteers believed that Turkey belonged in the EU; that's why when it applied to join it was given a list of 'things to put right' before it's application was considered.
It has since gone backwards.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You mean self-serving, narcissistic, dishonest, and hopeless?

I disagree,he's actually got thing moving,they tried everything to stop a "no deal" so he got a deal,not what the remain camp wanted of course because it's essentially a hard brexit,no they actually want a deal that's so aligned with the EU we would still be in it.

I actually think Boris did well,compared to corbyn and Jo (I'm not really a Democrat) Swinson,starmer Abbot are embarrassing ly awful with the only intention of remaining in the EU and totally disregarding the democratic vote of the referendum,shame on them.

Hopefully they can get the meaningful vote next week, but we all know there will be an amendment put forward to tag a referendum to the deal,totally unacceptable and disgraceful,I hope for a general election so we can put labour and lib Dems into the political wilderness.